Renegade/Revenant to be left in the dust?

Wishes.3021

It's clear with the last balance patch ANET have no plans/hopes of making renegade useful in any way shape or form, in PvP or other game modes. On top of that they remove one of the defining traits of power herald gameplay, equilibrium. I rerolled to holosmith and probably will never play revenant again, in its current state anyway. I'm more bothered about how much of a joke renegade is and how ANET have no intention of changing it. Finally we were going to get something new and fun to play after 2 years of the exact same build. Not the same elite spec, but literally the exact same build, same weapons, same traits, same gameplay. But no. How can you put resources into designing an elite spec, release it in a bad state and just leave it to rot for months, probably forever? It makes no sense. Maybe we could get some communication from ANET as to their plans regarding renegade?

As far as I know, Anet's only real plan for rev, and probably renegade, is to have it function as a support in addition to doing some condi or power dps. A shame that really hasn't panned out - at all. The fact that Kalla's utilities weren't touched in the "balance" update was one of the things I found particularly strange since those have absolutely no place outside of pve. Since the last update, I've been sticking to my ele and only switching to my rev under the same condition that I might use a shortbow on it: out of necessity and not for the sake of fun or efficacy.

Edit: Spelling errors bother me a lot.

@Wishes.3021 said:It's clear with the last balance patch ANET have no plans/hopes of making renegade useful in any way shape or form, in PvP or other game modes.

No idea about PvP and WvW, but Renegade is fine in PVE (T4 Fractals and Raids). Does above average DPS, and has more utility than base Revenant.

Archived