Possible Key to WvW balance!

ShadowsMaster.4251

Hey guys, i had an idea on how a small change to spellbreaker could be the key to balancing wvw as it is now, i think we can all agree that wvw is pretty unbalanced right now and thats why most large groups have a dozen or more scourges running around and what makes things worse is the way winds of disenchanment currently works, it removes any defense we have against the massive AoE condi spam and thats why we dance around until the team with more scourges takes advantage and wipes out the enemy, running in melee right now feels like suicide so i came up with something that could tip the balance and counter the current meta,

The way winds of disenchantment currently works doesn't really fit thematically imo, 'Create an area of calm' (by removing the enemies boons), that just doesn't sound right to me but what does sound right to me is this, Winds of Disenchantment: Meditation. Create an area of calm where allies cannot recieve conditions and lose conditions every interval, Projectiles entering this area are destroyed. This way it would create an area immune to condi bombs and would allow the melee squads to duke it out, and any condi/ranged squads would have to be more careful about where they place their wells/shades or AoE's not just spam blindly,

I would also make some changes to the traits for example,Enchantment Collapse: Removing a condition from an ally causes all nearby allies to lose additional conditions.

Loss Aversion: Removing conditions from allies heals them and gives you adrenaline.

Revenge Counter: Full Counter deals additional damage and grants resistence, Remove conditions on yourself and nearby allies when you hit with Full Counter

These changes would give spellbreaker true support potential other than being a meatshield/boonripper and we would still have plenty of boonrips through daggers/utilities but most of all would push the balance of the current meta away from the condi AoE spam.

@Hitman.5829 said:Changing WoD is unnecessary because it can easily be dodge all you have to do is step out of the bubble and you render the skill useless.

you don't seem to understand, the point is for your melee squad to push into the enemy and drop WoD preventing the condi spam so both melee squads can fight eachother without getting wiped out instantly, it will require careful placement of the skill and a competent team to push forward

Archived