Hey i've been gone a while, what state is rifle in now ? still useless or has it gotten better?

Radnar.9814

as for open world everyoone will say you can play everything as you want :D but as for fractals etc instanced pve as people from above dont like deadeyes then rifle deadeye as for me like many other will get insta kick for only using rifle while deadeye himselfs is good

I myself playing thief deadeye and also if I will go with rifle I will kick myself for this xD this is how is looking this damn rifle in pve

about pvp its so hard to master to not dying many times and is only annyoing like p/p unload and tbh with just unload you will do same job if not better without waiting for malice stacks and with mobility

@Vertep.2498 said:as for open world everyoone will say you can play everything as you want :D but as for fractals etc instanced pve as people from above dont like deadeyes then rifle deadeye as for me like many other will get insta kick for only using rifle while deadeye himselfs is good

I myself playing thief deadeye and also if I will go with rifle I will kick myself for this xD this is how is looking this kitten rifle in pve

about pvp its so hard to master to not dying many times and is only annyoing like p/p unload and tbh with just unload you will do same job if not better without waiting for malice stacks and with mobility

For the PvE kicks, I have to ask because if you are joining groups that say meta only; I can see the kicking. If you are joining ones that say casual non meta, I seriously doubt people would kick you because you're a Deadeye. If it's the first one, it is kind of your fault for joining the elitist meta groups in the first place. I have not been kicked once on my DE for joining casual groups.

As for the PvP, it is hard to master, but I am the type that will keep trying with it until I get it. Practicing with guildies helps.

@Radnar.9814 said:Especially interested in how it's doing in pve

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQFAUnkFD9OhFOBOGDUGjFaCTLAMhmN8/yiZ00LMkGKDA-j1BFQBXUJ4hU/BAPAgSs/gAuAAqTHgCV+BA-wWorks well in PvE. Starts off with 19 might and 2 malice before the Death's Judgement is shot. Rotation is Mark > Stolen skill > Sniper's Cover > Stolen Skill > Death's Judgement > Auto > Repeat for all non-vets. If you are already kneeling, wait a second between stolen skill casts or you will not get the might.

@Doctor Hide.6345 said:

@Vertep.2498 said:as for open world everyoone will say you can play everything as you want :D but as for fractals etc instanced pve as people from above dont like deadeyes then rifle deadeye as for me like many other will get insta kick for only using rifle while deadeye himselfs is good

I myself playing thief deadeye and also if I will go with rifle I will kick myself for this xD this is how is looking this kitten rifle in pve

For the PvE kicks, I have to ask because if you are joining groups that say meta only; I can see the kicking. If you are joining ones that say casual non meta, I seriously doubt people would kick you because you're a Deadeye. If it's the first one, it is kind of your fault for joining the elitist meta groups in the first place. I have not been kicked once on my DE for joining casual groups.

As for the PvP, it is hard to master, but I am the type that will keep trying with it until I get it. Practicing with guildies helps.

so I never joining to group with meta in descrption for 1st and yes, got kicked some times only because I was deadeye and in destription wa sonly daily, not for which class they are looking and as I wrote..I have nothing to this spec, I like it but for just rifle on t4 fract I will kock someone becuase its just to bad for content like this

so at all this was nowhere my fault for being kicked from group except this I wanted to be on deadeye wich is with the assumption bad and those eilitis people dont care about you and they dont need to write in group descripion they are playing only meta, maybe they jsut with assumption kicking deadeyes from groups like also holosmiths or scourges which I heared as it isnt good for dps

@Vertep.2498 said:

so I never joining to group with meta in descrption for 1st and yes, got kicked some times only because I was deadeye and in destription wa sonly daily, not for which class they are looking and as I wrote..I have nothing to this spec, I like it but for just rifle on t4 fract I will kock someone becuase its just to bad for content like this

so at all this was nowhere my fault for being kicked from group except this I wanted to be on deadeye wich is with the assumption bad and those eilitis people dont care about you and they dont need to write in group descripion they are playing only meta, maybe they jsut with assumption kicking deadeyes from groups like also holosmiths or scourges which I heared as it isnt good for dps

I see. Then that is on their group for kicking for you because they failed to put meta only in their description. Deadeye do fine in T4, and I will never kick a Deadeye out of my group especially when I put casual non meta comp in the description. Any class can clear T4s. It's just knowing the fights.

It's fine in PvE. It's a little harder in PvP, but that's probably a combination of different playstyle and needing some polishing.

Kneeling, is more damage than pistols, standing is less damage than pistols. It could use a little more sustained damage on both fronts, but honestly a lot of that could be fixed with shaving off about 0.1 seconds total from pre/after cast times for auto attacks. For PvP, it could use some help mechanically, but it doesn't really matter in open world PvE.

• 2 weeks later...

It’s not worth using unless you just really want to use a rifle. Like many builds, you can get by with it in most content as long as you play it well enough, but it’s never the best choice. Of course, thief is all around in a state of being inferior to other classes for just about every role.

But with the forum being the hyperbolic place that it is, you’ll still have people believe that it’s entirely useless everywhere simply because it’s not meta, just as you’ll have others pretending that it’s not just objectively worse DPS than meta DPS builds or that the might sharing is still meaningful despite a druid being able to do the same thing while also filling other roles.

I find it's very effective in open world pve. Not endgame, I shudder to think of its dps numbers but equipping the quickness on mark trait, you can have almost perma quickness killing trash! and trash dies fast with rifle.

Together with assassin signet's active, quickness, bloodlust stacks and might stacks I can hit 4.4k power, 95ish% crit chance while kneeling, and land 30-60k death's judgments on open world bosses (edit: while being completely safe in a vantage point). It's a chill spec.

It can be fun but it's absolutely mediocre in anything except for a ham-fisted and drawn out "set up" for mediocre burst damage.

It's a class that they designed while sitting around a DPS golem and said "how do we balance this"? Because on its own without any other sources of buffs, Deadeye gets some nice individual DPS- reasonably higher than most other classes (8-9K casual testing, whereas a lot of other classes, casually get anywhere from 4-7K while casually playing, with exotic + gear) but absolutely flounders because the upper limit of the damage when fully buffed is painfully mediocre. The damage does not scale well with buffs and the rate of the damage is completely unaffected by buffs and is out of your control to begin with, which is the ultimate reason why Deadeye sucks. You're stuck waiting on initiative and malice to build up manually. Absolutely 0 control in how they increase and build up again, resulting in "down times" where you just wait for things to happen. There's no malice management, there's no initiative management. It's wait for them to build up so you can actually do your one trick burst, before waiting an entire cycle again. Which again, is unaffected by nearly any buff.

But you know, it does like 2K higher casual DPS so obviously it's fine. Don't want to upset the meta now, do we?

Then you try and kneel while fighting the Pyroclastic Jade and get two shotted by the incessant meteors, wasting dodges against said meteors before repositioning and getting shot instantly by the jade's no-telegraph bow attacks while you have no endurance left to dodge. While a horrible boss for both melee and ranged classes, it speaks volumes to Deadeye's weaknesses. The kneel cuts off your mobility. It takes time to knee, initiative to kneel, followed by a channel time for your actual malice-stacked sniper shot. In that time, the Jade can be launching meteors and shooting you (with no obvious aggro mechanics) which not only interrupt you but also are likely to kill you, because Deadeye is awful without full Power damage stats.

It's a one trick pony, in other words, which can work when you're under optimal conditions or sitting in front of a DPS or bosses that don't move much. But as soon as you deal with either a group of enemies or a mobile boss, or a boss with a high rate of no-telegraph ranged attacks, you find you have a complete lack of cleave, a lack of a quick-access burst of damage, and immobility, along with low raw survivability through a low base HP in addition to the poor 1500 range that you get while immobile. Ultimately, a gimmick.

Archived