[Video + Build + Small Guide] Power Bombing Reaper WvW.

Lasiurus.4067

VIDEO

BUILD

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQJAWRnc0At0g10AG3A0bilcBjaLsGaWxXxt4YEKA0AWBA-j1BEAB+pDYS1f2SJIT7PK/aTTgbXCAAeCAzDCAWUArqUVVVSBExYA-w

BASIC GUIDE :

Power Reaper received last balance patch a HUGE buff.
Here’s some explanation of the build, using Staff/Greatsword.This build is really easy to use.

• The goal is to reach 30% critical chance, then with +20% with Fury & +50% while in Shroud, you are at 100% when entering Shroud.

• Cast Wells, then enter Shroud to benefit the 100% critical chance

• Entering Shroud gives you might + access to huge DPS. This build allows to reach 25 Might easily.

• While in Shroud, use #3 to gain stability, then #4 to DPS, then spam #1, auto’s is really strong.

• This build have MASSIVE DPS, and is also tanky : 23k HP, 2500 Armor.

• You have zerk trinkets and Cavalier Armor.

• You have Cavalier Staff, to be more tanky, just before casting wells & entering Shroud to DPS, switch to GreatSword to benefit the zerk Stats while bombing.

• When shroud is gone, you still can DPS with GS if melee, or take range if needed & switch staff again.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to break it to you, your build is meaningless. Blobbing is easy. As long as you have AoE to spam. Thats all you need. You could wear all white gear if you liked. You're with a huge group, all attacking and spamming AoE on the same targets. its quantity over quality. Builds mean very little, bring AoE and maybe Boon Corruption and thats about.

It is likely a decent build, but its not needed what so ever when you Zerg. You could likely pick 2 other totally random trait lines and not eevn pick traits and you will still kill people because the sheer amounts of Conditions, AoE and corruptions going around.

Is that Scourge at 52s? [Edit]Oh dragon banner at 52s. That'll make your damage numbers look big.

• While in Shroud, use #3 to gain stability, then #4 to DPS, then spam #1, auto’s is really strong.Yet on your video, you only seem to use #4. Nothing else is on cooldown. Probably because you wouldn't have enough Life Force to use all of the skills you suggest.

@Svarty.8019 said:

• While in Shroud, use #3 to gain stability, then #4 to DPS, then spam #1, auto’s is really strong.Yet on your video, you only seem to use #4. Nothing else is on cooldown. Probably because you wouldn't have enough Life Force to use all of the skills you suggest.He use RS 3, it just don't waste the damage reduction to fear when there's no need.

Lasiurus u make nice fun builds... but all of your builds feels like thief in zerg fight :) u need to put bombs and then try to get out ... its fun to see that numbers and also u can make spike pressure. But its really risky gameplay. Good for experienced players... but when build like this (or that weaver) pick newbie.... they rush into zerg, get boon stripped, cced and dead. Also in this condi meta ... when you try push into zerg, u will melt in condies :D In your videos it can be see that is effective when they are start running out... to catch them and kill em fast.

nice-ish build. pretty decent skills in showing big numbers only.

BUT: i would like to see you doing that vs vabbi or fsp or gandara.it is one thing to find a squad to brawl like that once in a while (and/or win constantly). its something else to pirate-ship for 10min (and doing only staff symbols) and being a lot (!!) less effective than a scourge or a min-maxed ranged weaver/hammer-herald because there are hardly any pushes.

Can I ask why you use Cavalier? > @Aetatis.5418 said:

BUT: i would like to see you doing that vs vabbi or fsp or gandara.it is one thing to find a squad to brawl like that once in a while (and/or win constantly). its something else to pirate-ship for 10min (and doing only staff symbols) and being a lot (!!) less effective than a scourge or a min-maxed ranged weaver/hammer-herald because there are hardly any pushes.That's silly. When you're being pushed backwards all the time you can't do ANY numbers.

@Svarty.8019 said:Can I ask why you use Cavalier? > @Aetatis.5418 said:

BUT: i would like to see you doing that vs vabbi or fsp or gandara.it is one thing to find a squad to brawl like that once in a while (and/or win constantly). its something else to pirate-ship for 10min (and doing only staff symbols) and being a lot (!!) less effective than a scourge or a min-maxed ranged weaver/hammer-herald because there are hardly any pushes.That's silly. When you're being pushed backwards all the time you can't do ANY numbers.

back-paddling = lost fight (in 95% of situations). you might be able to swirl your big numbers, but it doesnt have any positive effect... since you are getting pushed and die.

and cavalier = power, toughness and ferocity. that guy maxed out ferocity (equal to berserker) and traded some power and some precision for toughness.toughness to reduce incoming direct damage since he already has 21k hp due to vital persistence + high base health

@Aetatis.5418 said:

back-paddling = lost fight (in 95% of situations). you might be able to swirl your big numbers, but it doesnt have any positive effect... since you are getting pushed and die.

?The whole reason there is Pirate Ship meta is because many pushes end up being wiped from the wall of garbage thrown down.

@Justine.6351 said:

@Aetatis.5418 said:

?The whole reason there is Pirate Ship meta is because many pushes end up being wiped from the wall of garbage thrown down.

Like running into a minefield

@Aetatis.5418 said:

and cavalier = power, toughness and ferocity. that guy maxed out ferocity (equal to berserker) and traded some power and some precision for toughness.toughness to reduce incoming direct damage since he already has 21k hp due to vital persistence + high base health

Exactly. Cavalier is great for Reaper as long as you already reached the 100% Crit while in Shroud.& the fact that Necro have an insane Health Base Pool makes that you don't need any vitality imo.

@Lasiurus.4067 said:& the fact that Necro have an insane Health Base Pool makes that you don't need any vitality imo.

This is a myth that's plagued (pun!) Necros since the start of the game.The health pool is there to try to help mitigate the damage you can't block or immob or teleport away from. It doesn't do a good job of it.

The power build illustrates all the things that made Condi Reaper viable.

• 10k fewer HPs than Condi Reaper,
  • Lack of Conditions , enemy can port away and recover, where they might have dropped after moving away with condi build,
  • Damage is mitigated by armour and toughness, where it wasn't with condi,
  • Less damage, less HPs AND less utility because Power builds require more statistics than Condi-Damage/Vitality/Toughness

Even with all the advantages of condition reaper, it still wasn't godly.Power builds are a gigantic step down from the old Condi Build.The sick thing is that Scourge still gets ALL the benefits of the Condi Build.This "All Reapers must be power" enforcement by Development Clowntown has been a disaster for the class.

This video is a disservice to the power reaper. Its a deliberate attempt to make the power reaper look 'fine'. Anyone notice how the video was editted? The reaper spins and whirls for about 3-4 seconds, is not getting hit, and as soon as shroud is down, the video cuts away to another clip. Thats the part most reapers are complaining about.

Yes, the reaper can do some damage. But this video looks like its from awhile ago. Where are the 10+ scourges dropping their cancer crap? You push into a knowledgebale enemy like that now and those 25 stacks of might and 7-8 other boons would be corrupted so fast you wouldn't know what hit you, not to mention getting hit with AoEs would drain shroud even faster.

Not a dispersion against you personally, I can't do videos to save my life, and this is a good video persae, but not one i'd use to push the'reaper is great now' angle. You whould be getting hit so hard/often with condis/Aoes/corrupted your boons your shroud wouldnt last that long in my neck of the woods. But, you are correct in that if I am giving free rein to go after folks in a zerg and no one targets/hits me, it can put out some serious damage. Wish my server would do that more honestly. Maybe I'm jealous that my tier is more made up of condi scourges/aoe circles, and pirate ship meta zerg battles, and I don't have free rein in a push to do damage without getting pummelled :)

I've run this build for a few days. It gets smashed from pillar to post. Complete garbage.

It;

• is perfect for finishing downed players, but that's it,
  • can't defend itself,
  • can't avoid ranged damage,
  • gets blocked or evaded too easily because,
  • depends too much on abilities with long cooldowns: Shroud and Soul Spiral

But we knew all this already.

@Svarty.8019 said:I've run this build for a few days. It gets smashed from pillar to post. Complete garbage.

It;

• is perfect for finishing downed players, but that's it,
  • can't defend itself,
  • can't avoid ranged damage,
  • gets blocked or evaded too easily because,
  • depends too much on abilities with long cooldowns: Shroud and Soul Spiral

But we knew all this already.

But for making video with great numbers its perfect, u will take only parts where they are pushed and getting kill on way out, also u have nice prestack and quickness to cast all bombs. I met these days a lot of power reapers in squads... watching them die in enemy ranged bombs all the time... so they stay on staff 90% of fight time... and when enemy start loosing, its time to aproach in shroud :D

i have played with you a few days i ago i respect you as very good player but please do not promote this as a working build nor the reaper is working as it is now.

first of all you cut off most of the scenes just after dealing damage, we do not need to guess why... i am sure you were dying just after dealing the damage due the lack of shroud.

then i want to see this build work in standard WvW scenarios, like fight in a 50vs50, or go through a choke point or stay alive once a 1.200 range class focus you or just walk from the spawn to the zerg.

What i see in the video is just a power build with insane long CD aoe ranged Wells with 30+ sec cd and 5 sec uptime that bring close to none dps nor corruption to the battlefield (an ele can do better damage, a scourge can corrupt more) and that sometimes move in for 5-6 seconds dealing damage and often not even being able to use all the 5 spells (a DPS spellbreaker or a Frontline Beastmaster can do way better).

This bring us back always to the same point, Reaper was performing fine in WvW and PvP and now it has been totally destroyed, we want devs to realized that and fix it ASAP, we do not expect ppl to be perfect everyone can be wrong, everyone can clearly see they did an orrible job with the Reaper and we are just asking them to fix it.

Even a simple rollback would be better than what we got now, we expect them to operate as soon as possible beacouse it is not fun for us to play the game as it is now.

Archived