Please remove the annoying halloween effect!

Kirin.7306

I don't think those explosions were intentional since it's obvious that no one likes them or ever will like them. That would have been extremely obvious conceptually without even needing to ask for opinions or implement them.

Most likely those "Halloween" explosions are a bug that they are having difficulty removing. Just give them time.

@Blodeuyn.2751 said:Also, please fix the glitched wall at SE outer Garrison, by the supply depot, on Alpine BL. It makes me want to puke when I look at it. We reported it but nothing has been fixed.

Oh, and the out-of-sync timers. Please fix those too.

I bumped this again just today, it's here: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/1795/wvw-map-error#latest

@Arcaedus.7290 said:I don't think those explosions were intentional since it's obvious that no one likes them or ever will like them. That would have been extremely obvious conceptually without even needing to ask for opinions or implement them.

Most likely those "Halloween" explosions are a bug that they are having difficulty removing. Just give them time.

Oh is that the effect where it looks like any and all walls near you are being attacked? I've even had this in PvE. I don't know why people would want to attack the side of a mountain, but that's a thing that's happened.

@Miss Lana.5276 said:

@Arcaedus.7290 said:I don't think those explosions were intentional since it's obvious that no one likes them or ever will like them. That would have been extremely obvious conceptually without even needing to ask for opinions or implement them.

Oh is that the effect where it looks like any and all walls near you are being attacked? I've even had this in PvE. I don't know why people would want to attack the side of a mountain, but that's a thing that's happened.

Yes. this one: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/15932/bug-visual-glitch-bullet-flares-merged#latest

The dev asked for help with it in this response:

@Benjamin Arnold.3457 said:

@Engelsstaub.4356 said:It seems to happen everytime there is a fight elsewere on a map, so it's no surprise that it's WvW to be most affected by the issue.

Yeah it seems like the server is misreporting the locations of some hit effects to the clients. Really it shouldn't even be reporting these if the enemy is far away.. I have a few hunches, but can anyone confirm if this appears to be a purely client issue? If two players are in the same area, do they see the exact same hit FX in the same location? Or are they different?

Archived