Chat panel suggestion

Bulvi.1738

Just a simple beep or small tick sound when chat changes. Doesn't matter as much where the chat window is then. People will talk more because few watch their chat all the time, If you talk to someone you get their attention first . hey you, dude, etc. This will be the same thing. I don't know any other MMORPG that does this either.

Why is this not the best idea ever?

I would rather if they went the irc route where if someone mention your name (or a list of nicknames you gave yourself in a list), then it would ping you.Like if someone mention Ayumi, Yumi, Umi, Lunatic, Female Dog, or Idiot, it would ping me and I would go "Oh, they're talking to me."Until I find out "Oh... they're talking about the halloween armour set..."

I like the idea for a different sound per different type of sound. Additionally, it would be nice to have the ability to enable/disable each type of sound notification, as I'd mostly just be interested in 'tells' myself. And as far as /squad goes, it would further be a good idea to get a sound if the 'commander' is talking vs someone else.

If we do get different "boops" per channel, ideally I'd like to see a volume slider added for chat notifications. Also check boxes per channel for whether they boop. And, reaching for the stars here, the ability to assign which sound effect goes to which channel.

It might be a short step from that to custom colors per channel so I could make the dull faint grey emote text waaay easier to see ... yes, I went there! It seems like similar coding! :)

I like this idea. To answer Gaile's question, perhaps there should be options? One sound is all we really "need" (and, do we even "need" that?) But, it would be nice if we had some ring-tone possibilities.As long as we're on the subject, if there are several tones, then they should be "settable" by the user. For example, I might turn off the ding for map chat, but leave it on for party, squad, and guild chats. This would apply even if there was only one tone possible.Personally, I want the original series Star Trek communicator noise, but there are copyright problems with that. :)

@Daddicus.6128 said:I like this idea. To answer Gaile's question, perhaps there should be options? One sound is all we really "need" (and, do we even "need" that?) But, it would be nice if we had some ring-tone possibilities.As long as we're on the subject, if there are several tones, then they should be "settable" by the user. For example, I might turn off the ding for map chat, but leave it on for party, squad, and guild chats. This would apply even if there was only one tone possible.Personally, I want the original series Star Trek communicator noise, but there are copyright problems with that. :)

Reverse, Scramble, and Tone-changed and I'm sure the Star Trek communicator sound can come in.Yes, it won't sound the same but...

I already often oversaw chat messages in the past and will do so in future, especially during fights because the chat panel is not in my fixation field, but also while doing other stuff. A sound for chat channel messages would be a great addition. If not different ones then there should be an option to tick on the channels one want's to get informed audible too.

You already have the chat tabs, you can chose whatever "chat" you want to go into each tab panel. If its beeping you too much that it bothers you then you just got too much stuff in that chat panel.Maybe Just one tab set aside for sounds, if you dont want sounds dont select that tab, put whatever chat you want in it.

Archived