I am looking for a good PvE P/P build

Yarlyn Zinc.6801

Hi Fellow Thiefs,I am looking for a fun build based around p/p and deadeye (unless they break it). I have just returned from a pre-HOT release break. I use to play a necro ALL the time, but fancied and change and am trying the thief.

Input and builds are welcome, I am not looking for the highest DPS Thief build, but one based around p/p. I do have d/d to switch to but I prefer p/p as I find it more fun.Thanks and please don'd be too mad with my p/p preference.

ps: If there are any good wvw or fracle p/p builds please also post, thanks loads.

@Yarlyn Zinc.6801 said:Hi Fellow Thiefs,I am looking for a fun build based around p/p and deadeye (unless they break it). I have just returned from a pre-HOT release break. I use to play a necro ALL the time, but fancied and change and am trying the thief.

Input and builds are welcome, I am not looking for the highest DPS Thief build, but one based around p/p. I do have d/d to switch to but I prefer p/p as I find it more fun.Thanks and please don'd be too mad with my p/p preference.

ps: If there are any good wvw or fracle p/p builds please also post, thanks loads.

That p/p build involves quickness uptime and makes use of Be Quick or Be Killed. I have not used it but the main thing is that it also uses haste and Burst of Agility from the Trickery Line.

• 5 months later...

on p/p it will be invigorating precision good thing to use.... u are glass... lot of targets will get range, stun you or some teleport, jump or whatever skill.... to dont die and have time to kill it.... vamp. i used signet of malice + invigorating precision as a vampire combo...

also on some alternative weapon have sigil of bloodlust on stacking power...u can do some lower fractals with it ... but to T4 some changes will be good :Du can also change stats to more tanky with marauder ... + for example pack runes / strenght runes to keep might +25 all the time :)

gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAqaVl8MhSnYjTwwJw+EL+E2WA41Eg8KCVhoA/qsWuLB-jFSBABLcEAoU9H80H8wJAwhDBgZKBB4BAc1+jyPA-w

Deadeye is great in combination with Trickery, because Initiative upkeep becomes ridiculously easy for lots of Unload spamming. If you run 'Roll for Initiative' and Mercy, you have another two sources of 6 and 5+2 Initiative (5 marks > mercy > mark > 7 init), so you can constantly "reload" should your initiative run out. Reload another 2 Initiative per trash-mob you mark after a kill. Run haste for good measure.

If you're running RoI, Haste and Mercy though, I recommend you pick Withdraw for a heal-skill. Some mobs can have nasty condi's to stuff on you, and you really only have two cleanses with Haste and RoI, if you trait for it... Maybe 3 if you pick Dagger-storm. Withdraw helps you keep your distance, cleanses all movement impairments(which there are lots of in HoT), and can be used as a mobility tool to re-position yourself in a better spot. Invigorating Precision should be enough to sustain you through most encounters.

You can also give Leadership runes a try if you fancy holding onto those delicious boons from Perfectionist for boss-fights, just remember to either wait till the marks run out (and lose out on 15% damage), or use Mercy if you want to reset it. The increased duration of the Quickness you get will make Initiative a problem though, unless you actively conserve them, as you'll burn through it real fast.

With leadership runes and the traits Thrill of the Crime, Bountiful Theft, Improvisation, One in the Chamber, Periphal Vision and Fire for Effect, you can also jump into a niche support role, if you fancy that... You can easily supply up to 13+ seconds of easily renewable Swiftness, Fury, 9 stacks of might (18 with Improvisation), Vigor, and potentially any one of the rest of the boons on the spectrum depending on what steal ability you get from mark... Except for Alacrity, I don't think you can supply that.

Or you could just go full scholars and signets. /shrugSimple is often the best.

Archived