What its your prefered Race to be partially playable in-game?

Think in a theoretical feature, called for example "Race and Armor Diversification" where al weights and races, can share their armor with others. With this theoretical feature, Arenanet can add with Living Story, more playable races of Tyria (partially). And in next updates, add more features to that small playable race. For example think in the conflicts to Share an actual number of more than 300 armors to a new race, redesigning all the armors. Its very difficult to make this.

But what if one race, can bring clothes of another race? Kodans can wear norn armors for example.

With this in mind, vote!

If you like, add in comments your desired combinations ;)

For fun, I made my Norn Guardian try on the Count outfit. He looked like a gorilla stuffed in a suit, it was really terrible on all fronts.Anet could make a flowing, MK Raiden like outfit and I would buy it in an istant for a Tengu. But I would also take the stuffed Gorilla version for a samurai outfit.

coughcoughcough

I really like the OP's idea. I doubt very much ArenaNet would ever add a new playable race, considering all the massive work it would take to insert a new race in the entire currently available storyline. But allowing us to play as a new race for a small section of the game - a side story of sorts - would be great, and dialogue-wise I think it would be viable. No idea if the animation team would be able to do it, but it would be nice if they were.

@Teofa Tsavo.9863 said:None. You missed an important response.Also, since we are often told that new armor for the species we do play is a lot of work, wouldn't this request just add more load?

The theory here is: Its very difficult to make more than 300 new armors to a new race, but if this new race can wear armors and equipment of other races its more easy. Yes, a new race add more load, but is a more feasible work.

@Yuyuske.7182 said:Neither quaggans nor itzel were possible choices.

Bad poll, OP.

Its hard to think quaggans and hyleks wearing armors of other playable races, for their body shape. I would like to see Quaggans or Hyleks playable, but i think the best solution to this races, is to make new type of armors (with a new shape) in a low number, to make them playable. For this i dont include them in this poll.

@AstralDusk.1670 said:It doesn't really work this way. Skritt have skeletons more akin to charr than asura, but would still require new armor meshes designed to their body specs.The only feasible option I see is largos, because they're just blue people that might be able to share human body models.But that's also super-boring.

This can be a first step to make a race fully playable. Gw2 its very big and have a fully amount of features to a race, but with minor updates can be playable. Wear armors its the first step, after use weapons, add a new racial city or upgrade an existent city to this race, or new dialogues or lore for them.

In this case, if arenanet like to add a new race, can add variants of this race to adapt them to the armor system, and using the lore for this. For example the Hyleks and quaggans have a more round shape, or skritts are more little, but remember in gw1 :) : We haved tall hyleks (hekets - Guild Wars Nightfall), and them can wear sylvari armors for example, but require modifications of lore and a little of their shape.

The super-boring factor, can be minor, if Arenanet put they good work in to make them special: Adding racial skills, lore and more progressively.

Didn't vote because polls are useless :)

But this was a compromise I proposed among others when making these types of suggestions. Like, rather than focusing on fitting the armor on a new race, what if new races could only wear outfits? They could create a system of obtaining outfits in-game that are unique to that new race + retro-fit some of the gemstore outfits to give those options as well. Perhaps over time, they could fit the armors for new races but I feel you could add more races than one if you only had to worry about outfits.

Those overly attached to armor mixing would predictably object to that, but if given the option of no new races vs 3 new races that use outfits, I would predictably choose the latter, especially if it was bundled with make-over kit exclusive options. Tengu, Skritt and Kodan would be my choices for it.

@Zacchary.6183 said:

@Silyth.7382 said:We are all so focused on shinies, we are essentially all Skritt anyway. Except it's not guaranteed we get smarter when there are more of us. But that's beside the point.

Im not focused on shinies. OvO

For some reason I don't believe you. ;P If I said there was a hidden stash of gold, gems, and maybe a legendary something I bet you'd head straight there.

But hey, if not. More shinies for me. 'mine, all mine' :D.

@Silyth.7382 said:

@Zacchary.6183 said:

@Silyth.7382 said:We are all so focused on shinies, we are essentially all Skritt anyway. Except it's not guaranteed we get smarter when there are more of us. But that's beside the point.

Im not focused on shinies. OvO

For some reason I don't believe you. ;P If I said there was a hidden stash of gold, gems, and maybe a legendary something I bet you'd head straight there.

But hey, if not. More shinies for me. 'mine, all mine' :D.

Gems or gold, probably.Legendary... not really. Can't even say I would be able to even sell it because everyone would find out about the hidden stash sooner or later and it will be the 10 silver legendary or something.

Archived