Need help on what weapon and armor set to get/craft

xxlenxx.8706

Started gw 3 months back and just complete the HoT and 100 world completion.. Just started Session 1 ..... also mainly patriciate on worldboss...I guest my plan is to complete session 1,...till 3 before process with PoF.

I wanted also started getting better sets of armor & weapon (ascend) for myself. However, i really confuse on what to make..... anyone can help to recommended a good sets to for me to start working on. I'm currently running power build ranger...

btw, i only have 2-3 hours per day for gaming ... i may need to balance it off with purchase from TP and crafting using current resource that i have...

Any recommendation is fine, don't need to best of class , but something that i feel that i can reward myself or something that to kept me moving on that path....

Prefer straight forward advice like this is the set your should get, here is the pro & con instead of long story that at the end of day confuse me more for now.....

Thanks in advance... have fun

One of the resources to look at, while usually elitist, 1%, and sometimes hard to use or execute are metabattle and qtfy (websites) that have guides for classes. They include gear, builds, metas, rotations, etc. Take them with a grain of salt (open world is very, very different than raiding or metas etc).

Condi druid is almost always wanted for groups. For raids 1-2 is pretty hardcore meta.

Believe that ranger is in a good spot right now pve, wvw, open-world.

Ascended gear is pretty awesome. You can reforge pieces to different stats (a bit expensive) as well. Teqcuddles (Tequatl) mainly and Triple Wurm (if you can find a good group) are good long term sources of ascended gear, loot, and group play.

Since time is a bit of a constraint I wouldn't recommend chasing legendaries unless you really want to.

I'm not sure if you're referencing living stories, expansion, etc with episodes. I would highly recommend getting raptor from PoF if you have it, then gliding from HoT if you have it, then playing what you find fun. There's a lot of different content and it's all can be fun.

I'd recommend Teqcuddles, doing the three dailies, trying out fractals, seeing if PvP or WvW is your thing, exploring, having fun with the living stories, main stories, and once again having fun.

Further down the road with a couple ascended pieced try out raids (they can be brutal), higher level fractals, legendary armor or weapons or Aurora, and once again, having fun.

Living world Season 3 maps will allow you to buy ascended stat-selectable amulets, rings, earrings, and backpieces (collectively referred to as trinkets) for map currencies. Different maps have different trinkets to select from - some maps have rings, some have earrings, some amulets, etc. Gather the map currencies and get the ascended trinkets there.

Second: When considering crafting ascended weapons and armor, always do weapons first. You will see your biggest increase with weapons going from exotic to ascended. And exotic armor is fine for everything until you start doing higher level fractals and need the extra slots for agony resistance.

Archived