I need help between guardian/dragonhunter/firebrand and ele/weaver

Zik.1793

Hello, I just returned after a long break and got myself PoF. I will buy HoT soon cuz I ofc need gliders in WvW and other contents.After researching abit, I narrow it down to Guard or Ele. I hope you guys can help me deciding which base off my style.

I like heavy armor and close range combat. But I cannot say no to fractal farmings. Perhaps that'll be my biggest aim. How are guardians with condition dps built perform in fractals? (say, fractal 40 farming) are they valued in group? Do they have a spot in groups that aim for under 3 minutes clearing per run? (I know gears and knowledge play a big role too, that will come soon, I need a class first). Are (good) Ele prioritized to have spots in said runs?

On the other hand, I will be fine with full exotic gears with ascended trinkets and run firebrand WvW in group. How do ele perform there?

Thanks

Hey you're better served with DH. Firebrand is a burning build, and the 1st boss of f40 is imune to fire, so you're just scratching it. I have both and I use ele always. For wvw I haven't used FB because I'm having a blast nuking ppl with weaver. Marauder/berserk and good positionning is the way to go in wvw

I don't think you can have the same class for PvE and WvW. Just doesn't work at all.

For PvE, I would recommend power weaver if you aim for efficiency and high-level gameplay. Eles have been a part of the meta as long as I can remember and their gearing never changed too much, even if their traits/skills/gameplay has. One disadvantage of weavers is that they're highly dependent on support classes and you'll struggle to perform well if your team is slacking.Power dragonhunter is a very solid choice as well, especially for a beginner since the gameplay/rotation is pretty simple and straightforward. Even though it falls slightly behind weaver in terms of performance, most top-tier groups will easily accept power DH as it's not too far behind and offers some nice utility.Condi firebrand is a good choice for low-end groups, because it deals decent damage with an easy rotation and provides a lot of support in case the rest of your team has trouble keeping up boons (quickness, might + on demand aegis with a short cooldown). In more serious groups, though, it's nowhere as often used, because it doesn't provide as much damage as a weaver and is nowhere as versatile as a DH.

Ah I see. thank you for your suggestions. I made an ele. I realised that ele is actually the only class that I should learn by leveling her. therefore I will not be using the level 80 booster on her. So far it has been a bit ... frustrating because she really is too weak. I was used to armored class so for ele, I will gotta weave in cc as situation rises. And especially now that she's too low level (level 15) she couldnt one-shot any thing, so it's always running and kitting. I use staff, considering trying D/D since it seems a bit more fun.

I'll try to be patient with ele before making a guardian. I'm content with the role of power DH that you two mentioned. I'm all in for power play :DD

Thanks again

Archived