Working on a wvw roam engie (read if interested)

Anthony.7630

So i been using a scrapper build for zergs and it does alright.

Right now i am working on a traillblazer condi pistol engineer.

Basically my engineer is in mostly dire gear and i am slowly getting ascended trailblazer gear from wvw. I am using balthazar runes but eventually i will switch to pure condi duration's. Sorry i can link a build because i haven't gotten it all together.

My current set up is mostly dire gear with a bit of trailblazer and runes of balthazar. I take alchemy firearms and scrapper and i focus mostly on pistol condis for dps.I take Healing turrent - Elixir S - Tool kit - And rockt boots as well as stealth gyro.

Basically i go around capping camps and if i get in a duel with thiefs or mesmers i just keep pressuring them until they run out of condi cleanses and die. Usually i am tanky enough to not instantly die and if things go horrible wrong i packed 2 stealth skills (toss elixir s and stealth gyro) and i can rocket boots while stealth to juke positions and for long enough to get out of combat and quickly wrap. NOTE EDIT - ( I am considering trying bulwark and elixir gun but i don't know if that will be better or worse (probably better) we will see )

The interesting thing is ...i don't know if i am facing noobs or what ...but i just spam 1 and the bleeds stack and i use 2 3 4 off coldown and 5 to keep some distance...YEA the roamers condi cleanse like 4 or 5 times but they are not BIG cleanses but are cleanses only main the bleeds and maybe a posion or a confusion or a burn stack. But the pressure is really nice. Also with enough condi duration - 10 stacks of bleeds does about 12,000 damage over 10 seconds. And burning does like 23,000 damage over 15 seconds.

This roaming build i am working on is going to take some time. So far it works good but i need to tinker with it. AND YES I STOLE THIS BUILD FROM SOMEONE on youtube.

Also tool kit is great for pulling and blocking. I keep as a fun toxic cancer pull on roamers to prevent them from running.

Yea like i was saying ...the build i am going for should be most all trailblazers and runes with condi duration and cap 100% condi on everything. Naturally fireams gives 33% bleed and burning...so i was thinking of dropping firearms and picking up inventions for MORE defense and healing. I would have 100% condi dura cap and have inventions scrapper and alchemy to be super tanky.

That's my build i am testing and i am collecting the trailblazer gear. It gives really good toughness and damage and ok vitality and duration. Makes it really strong for engine roaming with pistols.

i will try to post a build but i need to do the math and i don't want to "estimate" i want to farm / grind the gear and then swap out pieces as necessary. I think i might need 4 nightmare runes and 2 other runes for duration but not sure. We will see.

Thanks all.

Trailblazer/Dire is okay, but kind of lame. Have some self-respect and run sinister or viper :).

Don't drop Firearms. Incendiary Powder with full condi damage + duration is insane and one of the main reasons to run condi engi. You need that source of burn to deal damage when they cleanse your Blowtorch, or to keep the pressure up while attacking from range.

... but, you need to proc IP as often as possible. That means either run some precision (sinister/viper), or stick sigil of intelligence on one of your weapons so you're guaranteed crits every 10s.

I played this build a lot, and it's quite strong for 1vX-ing. You can tag someone with burn, hide in stealth to escape and finish them off with function gyro while focusing a new target. Usual opener: Sneak Gyro, Magnet, Pry Bar and/or Blowtorch and/or Rocket Kick, Static Shot, Poison Dart Volley, back off and let the condis tick. Reapply as needed.

It's not as great now because everyone is running a ton of cleanse to deal with scourge.

That sounds ok. The reason i use dire / trail blazers is in combat it's impossible to be a blow torch assassin - they cleanse to fast and leave you with out much damage afterwards.

Also with condi duration my posion volley blow torch sticky glue and pistol bleeds hurt and so does the confusion stacks. It's more about sustain pressure than assassination with blowtorch.

The toughness and vitality make you really freaking tanky. 3000 armor and 25k health is pretty tanky.

And also yea they pack cleanses but they spam them too quickly or they are noobs. Cleansing a few bleeds and poisons eats their cleanses and you out tank their damage and then when they run out of cleanses they are forced to start dying.

Scourges and thiefs are easy. Scourge i just kite and glue and if they get real close i dodge or elixir s their necro bombs and keep range.

Thiefs are easy too. They cant burst you down easily and you can condi them and make them run. The dodge thiefs are so easy lol they dodge and tickle you and you glue them and shut them down.

Even more fun to stealth gyro offensively and jump in and out of stealth with your pistols.

Mesmers are the worst match up. Roaming mesmers do a lot of damage and are hard to counter.

Oh in zerg fights this build is useless. No aoe pressure except glue shot and a lucky blow torch. And maybe healing turret.

Any ways trailblazer engie is a great duelist but very mediocre 2v1 or against zerg fights.

It is terrible in zerg fights. You need to get close to get a blowtorch off, but in doing that, you'll probably get cc'd and run over. Most of your condi will be cleansed instantly. Your play is mostly limited to Rocket Boots-ing into the backline and out again or Magnet pulling squishies without stability.

I think it's quite good 1v2 actually. It's better than power anyway. It lets you stack condi ticks on one opponent while escaping to focus on another. Sneak gyro (and elixir S if you run it) lets you hide in stealth while your conditions tick. Condi might not tank 1vX like a typical scrapper does, but it certainly secures kills better. You just have to play more guerilla and less brawler.

Hello, fellow engineers.I was about to make the same condi-scrapper build and the only real question I have left is the stats.I was planning to go full viper with guns and most of the armor (since I'm very very slow on gearing up in asc, while planning to use engi for PvE as well) and then get the rest of needed touhness\vitality through the trinkets, since those are way easier to obtain.So what I do wanna know is the approximate stats minimum for each (power/precision/condi dmg/toughness/vitality), optimal for good roaming build ?I know it's mostly matter of taste, but I'm sure there are plently of WvW experienced engi-mains, so would really like them to share their experience and give some feedback.

Hmm........ Honestly? ................Play a scourge, then you eat engineers for a snack. Scourge has multitudes more utility then a engineer can ever dream of and awesome group support, healing assist, condi cleansing portals, movement buffs, damage,................................ Everything I wish I could do on my engineer :-(The Engineer class atm is way to outdated to keep up in the WVW community, I find this annoying and depressing, but it is the truth, Nothing the engineer has in their repertoire can be done by another class several times faster and easier. You play the engineer for fun, anything beyond the index of "below average maximum output" you'll need to play another class.

And what I want is everything I just written above to be nonexistant. The Engineer is just way behind in development in the WvW community. /sigh

Archived