ur class is pretty unplayable imo

Cerby.1069

Its not a question of damage or tank or stats or gear or utility.....

Its just the basic animations and delays built into almost all ur weapons (cept mbe staff and 1 other). Everything has a giant cast-time, a giant animation block, or some other 'on-the-rails' thing where you have no control over your character.

I don't know how you can play this class tbh. I keep trying to play it....the damage is great, the tank is greaat, the stats are great. But it feeels just awful to play. I have no control over my character while I'm clicking buttons.....I just do the combo's and pray I don't get countered while I'm stuck in one of these stupid casttime/animation things.

You got what feels like a 1 second delay on every skill/utility/move you can possibly do. Nothing is fluid feeling.

Is that fair to say? Maybe I'm missing something, idk. Maybe you're renegade elite is better, idk.

@Cerby.1069 said:Its not a question of damage or tank or stats or gear or utility.....

Its just the basic animations and delays built into almost all ur weapons (cept mbe staff and 1 other). Everything has a giant cast-time, a giant animation block, or some other 'on-the-rails' thing where you have no control over your character.

I don't know how you can play this class tbh. I keep trying to play it....the damage is great, the tank is greaat, the stats are great. But it feeels just awful to play. I have no control over my character while I'm clicking buttons.....I just do the combo's and pray I don't get countered while I'm stuck in one of these stupid casttime/animation things.

You got what feels like a 1 second delay on every skill/utility/move you can possibly do. Nothing is fluid feeling.

Is that fair to say? Maybe I'm missing something, idk. Maybe you're renegade elite is better, idk.

Well that might be some of the problem.

Personally, the animations and feel of this class is a big draw for me and one of the reasons I love playing it, ghosting around the battlefield. Now, Rev is not my main (I think I'll be a power reaper until they shut the servers down), but I think the class is a fun break from my other characters!

PvP is difficult to rangle though.

@Cerby.1069 said:Its not a question of damage or tank or stats or gear or utility.....

You're right. And this is why removing Equilibrium was the biggest mistake. Clunky weapon skill damage was offset by Equilibrium instant burst AoE damage.

@Vasdamas Anklast.1607 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Class feels fine to me and I’ve been playing it since HoT launch.

3.2k hours on revenant since HoT. Not it is not.

Ok. That’s your opinion as I have mine. The weaponskill cooldowns, along with energy costs, make sense. If one or the other were to be removed, then skills would need to be nerfed to compensate.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Class feels fine to me and I’ve been playing it since HoT launch.

Ok. That’s your opinion as I have mine. The weaponskill cooldowns, along with energy costs, make sense. If one or the other were to be removed, then skills would need to be nerfed to compensate.

Theres nothing to nerf at all. Everything already been overnerfed. "If they were to remove energy cost they would have to raise cds" argument is also lame. New sword offhand says hi with 15/20sec cd's + ENERGY COST.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Ok. That’s your opinion as I have mine. The weaponskill cooldowns, along with energy costs, make sense. If one or the other were to be removed, then skills would need to be nerfed to compensate.Lol r u srs. Have you come here to gloat now after single broken spec gimped you a couple times in first days of HoT?

This class only has 18 utility skills comparing to an average of 28 of any class. It simply lacking tools and can be hardly considered a finished class. No safe stomps, barely any blocks (aegis???), single invulnerability it has is Herald only. What's the point of removing or lowering energy costs if most of the skills you can use are shitte without any possibility of replacement?

@Burtnik.5218 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Theres nothing to nerf at all. Everything already been overnerfed. "If they were to remove energy cost they would have to raise cds" argument is also lame. New sword offhand says hi with 15/20sec cd's + ENERGY COST.

No. Everything would have to be adjusted if energy cost or cooldowns were removed.

If cooldowns were removed then it would increase the DPS spikes and create issues. There’s also some skills that would come close to being spammable which shouldn’t be.

Removing energy costs doesn’t make sense with the class as it focuses around energy management and it would require reworking a bunch of traits.

@Vasdamas Anklast.1607 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Ok. That’s your opinion as I have mine. The weaponskill cooldowns, along with energy costs, make sense. If one or the other were to be removed, then skills would need to be nerfed to compensate.Lol r u srs. Have you come here to gloat now after single broken spec kitten you a couple times in first days of HoT?

This class only has 18 utility skills comparing to an average of 28 of any class. It simply lacking tools and can be hardly considered a finished class. No safe stomps, barely any blocks (aegis???), single invulnerability it has is Herald only. What's the point of removing or lowering energy costs if most of the skills you can use are shitte without any possibility of replacement?

Nice baseless assumption. I’m not gloating at all and I’ve stated that I’ve played Rev since HoT launch.

The number of utility skills doesn’t matter as most classes tend to have a lot of them that are rarely used if at all. Not every build classes use have access to safe stomps. People can certainly build for it but it’ll mean taking a hit elsewhere in their build. Rev can do safe stomps. Many classes don’t have easy access to invulnerability without sacrificing something. A lot of the complaints you made can be said about other classes.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Removing energy costs doesn’t make sense with the class as it focuses around energy management and it would require reworking a bunch of traits.

This is correct. Energy costs on weapons skills are honestly fine, just takes a bit of brainpower to manage. Removing cd's would also be cancer in pvp; imagine throwing hammers or something from outside till you have 100 energy and then weapons swapping and spamming sword 4 10 times.

Offhand sword could use cd reductions on both skills from 15/20 to 10/15, and sword 5 energy cost dropped from 20 to 15, and it will be absolutley fine.

@Cerby.1069 said:You got what feels like a 1 second delay on every skill/utility/move you can possibly do. Nothing is fluid feeling.

Hate to break it to you. Every Kalla utility, including the heal and elite, has a cast time. Every. Single. One.

@Cuon Alpinus.7645 said:Really the only clunkiness issue I have with revenant are the staff skills. I swear to god staff 2 simply does not register the first hit sometimes, and having the followup hit on a separate longer cooldown than the first is just plain weird.

I never noticed that before, is that why it feels so bad? Also staff 4 having such a long cast time... Just why? You will take more damage just standing around waiting for that stupid animation then the skill will actually heal. Oh wanna cleanse those 10 burning stacks? To bad, you will burn to death while waiting for the skill to go off.

Archived