Can I controll a Charged Soul from Gorseval alone?

Priscitia.4235

Hi!In my next raid, I am supposed to control the third Soul from Gorseval. As it is the longest living Soul I am not sure how to handle it correctly on my own.Is it possible for a Condition Soulbeast to control one of Gorsevals Charged Souls without help and without losing much DPS? My Gear is full viper ascended as are my weapons ( dagger+torch/short bow) and I am playing with a lynx pet.For Gorse I thought of something like Entangle instead of One Wolf Pack and the grey Wolf for an additional cripple in Beastmode. Is this enough or total because Entangle is quite powerful? I really don't want to lose much DPS because we need it for the rest of the fight.

As Raid, we only killed him once with this setup (before the patch on 7th) :

1x Chronotank1x Healdruid2x Condi PS2x Reaper1x Daredevil1x Tempest1x Weaver1x Renegade

Next weak it will only be 1 Condi PS and me as Soulbeast instead. I am grateful for any tips but please be aware that our group will never be an optimized metagroup and we are fine with a much slower progress because of that.

Thanks for reading and have a nice day!

Hey, something I have a lot of experience doing.A question: how is your group doing the break phase? Slow breaks, no breaks, or fast breaks? If you're doing fast breaks, you might want to consider bringing a CC pet in addition to lynx; despite the dps loss of unmerging. Otherwise, you have more options for your off pet.As a viper's ranger, you are uniquely qualified to hold a spirit. Entangle by itself is amazing with how long it will hold a spirit in place. And if you slot in Muddy Terrain, that spirit won't move an inch. The immob rotation would go Muddy Terrain as you're running to the spirit -> SB4 from behind -> Entangle -> let the entangle almost run out -> SB4 -> Muddy Terrain -> SB4. I've held spirits this way many times and it gives the group time to clear orbs if needed.If you don't want to sacrifice a damage utility; take a Krytan Drakehound as your off pet. Just slot his Immob howl in instead of Muddy Terrain.

Well you can hold the ghost with entangle and shortbow 4 on quickdraw, but i would offer you an easier way to hold ghosts. You can easily hold 3 ghosts at once. How? The whole group runs to the the ghost in the north east and kills it. Your druid takes entangle and if he is not so good you can also take entangle as soulbeast. What do you do now? The druid waits, until the last three ghosts are at mid together, then he use entagle on all of them, for additional immob he can use avatar 5 on quickdraw two times in a row. Then you wait a bit and when the immob is off you use entagle, then the druid should be ready to use avatar 5 again on quickdraw. While the druid is holding the ghosts your group can cleave all three ghosts at once. Im doing this as an druid alone without any help, you should easily make this together. This strat gives your group also some time to clear orbs in the second ghostphase.

Hi, thanks for the additional suggestions! :) I think I will do fine with Muddy Terrain and Entangle + SB. What you mentioned worminator sound good. Our Druid is capable of doing this. She already saved the raid a few times on her own so it's not that I don't trust her to do it. Maybe we'll try it your way but until then I stay with way Chrury has posted :)

Archived