Hybrid Reaper for Roaming?

EremiteAngel.9765

What do you guys think of a Hybrid Reaper for solo / small group roaming?In case you guys aren't aware, it is quite cheap to convert ascended armor/weapons to Griever stats now via the Intact Mosiac item that is selling for about 1 gold each on TP and you only need one of them which acts as an insignia/inscription per weapon/armor.

I haven't had the time to try it out much, but would the increase in Reaper shroud damage make up for the nerf in Deathly Chill?Reason why I'm considering a Hybrid Reaper is because while a pure Power burst Reaper is strong in certain match-ups, it drops off against others. Having a decent amount of condi pressure is still necessary imo to fight against sustain or burst healing builds and having condi pressure is generally more effective on average against most encounters.

Was thinking of a mix of Grievers + Trailblazers stats. Spite, Curse, Reaper.Build as below:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAnYRnc0Al3gd2AmbC0biFcBL+K2FHjRbg81HA6qFAOAA-jlCFQB1Y/BGqcDAnAAB8AAAq+AHqkQpq/wgjAACOEAfUJYAgDgf7bf/NwyLv8yLvcX/8zP/8yLv8yLvcpAYXZF-w

I use a very similar build. It's pure Celestial, though. I think it works pretty well. I don't really have statistics for it, though.

Suffer! is not especially good and you should not place heavy emphasis on it. I would probably recommend using CPC instead. CPC helps you deal with a lot of your threats. Suffer! can still be useful against specific foes, though. With dagger offhand, consume conditions, suffer and plague signet, you can somewhat keep pace with condi mesmer applications.

I do not like CttB. Stun and stability is nice, but I don't think it is that great. I use Plaguelands instead; Plaguelands gives you exceptional cleave-and-leave to deal with bodies in outmanned fights. You can use GS5 to pull many foes into a late-stage Plaguelands to scare them with a lot of condi application.

I use Master of Corruption to get all of these cooldowns down. Raising your CPC uptime is great. More Corrupt Boons is massive; the entire point of this build is massive boon corruption, and more of it is good against boon-happy classes.

Use Sigil of Mischief and Sigil of Hydromancy for sweet switch procs.

@Sarrs.4831 said:I use a very similar build. It's pure Celestial, though. I think it works pretty well. I don't really have statistics for it, though.

Suffer! is not especially good and you should not place heavy emphasis on it. I would probably recommend using CPC instead. CPC helps you deal with a lot of your threats. Suffer! can still be useful against specific foes, though. With dagger offhand, consume conditions, suffer and plague signet, you can somewhat keep pace with condi mesmer applications.

I do not like CttB. Stun and stability is nice, but I don't think it is that great. I use Plaguelands instead; Plaguelands gives you exceptional cleave-and-leave to deal with bodies in outmanned fights. You can use GS5 to pull many foes into a late-stage Plaguelands to scare them with a lot of condi application.

I use Master of Corruption to get all of these cooldowns down. Raising your CPC uptime is great. More Corrupt Boons is massive; the entire point of this build is massive boon corruption, and more of it is good against boon-happy classes.

I can understand most of your thoughts but why Celestial stats though? Reaper doesn't seem to benefit much from healing power compared to Scourge.

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

@Sarrs.4831 said:I use a very similar build. It's pure Celestial, though. I think it works pretty well. I don't really have statistics for it, though.

I can understand most of your thoughts but why Celestial stats though? Reaper doesn't seem to benefit much from healing power compared to Scourge.

Because of the other 6 stats obviously.

@Justine.6351 said:

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

I can understand that, though I still feel the healing stats are semi wasted and overall damage is lower on a Celestial build.

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

I can understand that, though I still feel the healing stats are semi wasted and overall damage is lower on a Celestial build.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAnYRnc0Al3gd2AmbC0biFcBD6qFAOARbg81HI+K2FHjA-jVCFQBAVfgVU+hgDBQN2fAAnAAGcEAEwDAwPKBpk6PBAQAuZb2m3MwNv5Nv5NvZX3m38m38m38m38m3sUAsrsC-w

I left weapons grieving but changed all else to celestial and changed infusions for all wvw mighty ones.

It's same armor rating, 2.5k more hp, same power, 12% more crit chance, 20% more crit damage, -20% condi duration, -400 condi damage, +521 healing power.

It ends up more power oriented with a little more vita. Idk if I would drop grieving stats but trailblazers on reaper is just bad gear stat for it.

I am more assessing the general fundamentals of the build rather than specific stats. Celestial is a good option in my opinion, but it is certainly more defensive than other stat arrangements. You may find better success with Grieving, or a mix of Grieving/Celestial. My personal recommendation would be to use Celestial armors and Greatsword, Zerker's axe and dagger, and then adjust your accessories as you feel out the build.

I would, however, absolutely not recommend Trailblazer's, especially not with Greatsword/Axe. You simply will not be able to effectively put out damage without Power. I also don't believe that Expertise is a valuable stat; the nature of the Reaper is such that you use Chill so that you can effectively apply your Power damage. If someone is in a position in which they are forced to let Chill time out, you already have a massive advantage; pushing the duration of all conditions has limited returns.

Healing Power is somewhat of a weak stat on Celestial for this build but all of the other stats are helping you, and in WvW having your stats as 'balanced' as possible has merits of its own with Bloodlust.

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:Except, that Hybrid isnt just about damage.

In this case it is. Hybrid deals two types of damage; that's why you take it. Specifically for Reaper you use this build to overload a Thief's condi clears when they try to flee (and Bleeding takes them out) or you use it so that you are still applying pressure while attacking a Warrior through their Endure or Berserker stances.

If your goal is a mix of defenses and damage you can achieve both of these things using Power. Just have a big weird mix of Marauder's, Cavalier's and Knight's.If your goal is a mix of control and damage you don't need to invest in Condi Damage to do that. You can even still take Deathly Chill to try to cover your controlling conditions.If your goal is to provide healing pick a different class, you have picked the wrong espec.

Archived