PoF Ascended Trinket Costs

Pifil.5193

At the moment the prices for Ascended Trinkets are really out of alignment with the cost of other Ascended Trinkets.

A Marshal's Accessory costs 3,000 Trade Contracts, 40 Pulsing Brandsparks and 20 Laurels.A Griever's Accessory costs 300 Elegy Mosaics, 40 Pulsing Brandsparks and 20 Laurels.

Contrast that with the cost of LS3 Accessories (300 Winterberries + 4,000 Unbound Magic or 150 Petrified Wood + 4,000 Unbound Magic), Accessories obtained through PvP (150 Ascended Shard of Glory + 170 Shard of Glory) /WvW (175 Skirmish Tickets + 250 Memories of Battle) or even the basic Ascended Accessories obtained through Laurel Vendors (40 Laurels + 50 Ectos or 12 Guild Commendations). It's a similar situation with Rings and Amulets.

Why the change in direction here? The grind required here is at worse than HoT levels. Are these intended to be "long term" goals? I hope not because having to grind 100 or so legendary bounties in order to get a single Griever's Accessory is not my idea of a worthwhile goal.

It's vaguely consistent with HoT + LS3. When HoT first launched, good luck on finding trinks with Viper's stats at any price. I'm willing to wait to see whether LS4 brings any opportunities similar to LS3 for gearing up, especially since it launches in less than two weeks.

Meantime, I've got better uses for trade contracts and pulsing brandisparks (and even laurels).

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:It's vaguely consistent with HoT + LS3. When HoT first launched, good luck on finding trinks with Viper's stats at any price. I'm willing to wait to see whether LS4 brings any opportunities similar to LS3 for gearing up, especially since it launches in less than two weeks.

Meantime, I've got better uses for trade contracts and pulsing brandisparks (and even laurels).

That's fair enough, they were only available in Raids at the start of HoT (IIRC).

I'm in the same boat when it comes to gearing up, I'll wait for LS4 and hope that they introduce ascended accessories there in a similar fashion to LS3.

I'm just surprised at the cost of the PoF trinkets especially as the weapons and armour recipes seem quite reasonable (IMHO). I'd quite like a set of Griever's Accessories but not at that price, especially as Viper's is still considered "better" for most builds.

@Pifil.5193 said:I'm just surprised at the cost of the PoF trinkets especially as the weapons and armour recipes seem quite reasonable (IMHO). I'd quite like a set of Griever's Accessories but not at that price, especially as Viper's is still considered "better" for most builds.

No question, the initial trinkets do seem incredibly pricey.

That said, I'm always disappointed that recipes have anything more than a nominal cost. High cost of gear in mats? I'm okay with that, but it seems weird that one requires a spreadsheet or keen memory to keep a spreadsheet to track which recipes I need from which vendors with what currency etc.

Archived