Downed State Bug or Working as Intended?

Arlette.9684

@Euryon.9248 said:are you talking wvw? If so, they changed it some time ago so that only one downed player can be revived via killing a single enemy. Used to be up to 5, but that was changed some time ago.

Which I’d be ok with, if it was happening all the time, but it seems to be random. Sometimes it revives multiple players and sometimes it doesn’t.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:This link may be helpful: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2016-01-26#World_vs._World

Reduced Rally Cap:The number of players who can rally off a single kill has been reduced from 5 to 1.This change was made to give smaller groups more of a fighting chance against larger groups and to make WvW combat have less sudden power swings in general.Rally priority will be proximity based. The nearest valid rally target will be rallied.

If multiple players are randomly able to rally of a single enemy, that would be a bug to my understanding.

From the looks of things, the downed player closest to the enemy player will take priority and be rallied first. Perhaps if multiple players are downed on top of each other in the same spot, the game can't determine who is closest and should be rallied first and ends up rallying all of them? That's all I can think of.

@Charrbeque.8729 said:

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:This link may be helpful:
Reduced Rally Cap:The number of players who can rally off a single kill has been reduced from 5 to 1.This change was made to give smaller groups more of a fighting chance against larger groups and to make WvW combat have less sudden power swings in general.Rally priority will be proximity based. The nearest valid rally target will be rallied.

If multiple players are randomly able to rally of a single enemy, that would be a bug to my understanding.

From the looks of things, the downed player closest to the enemy player will take priority and be rallied first. Perhaps if multiple players are downed on top of each other in the same spot, the game can't determine who is closest and should be rallied first and ends up rallying all of them? That's all I can think of.

If what you say is true, I can't see how that's fair if one does a lot of damage and the other is spitting out healing maybe one hit.

Archived