Rare 7 stat accessories, or exotic 3 stat?

Veletuda.5361

Hi folks,I've been happy enough with the 'Save the Children' accessories I have on a few characters (+31 x7), but I keep picking up exotic 3 stat accessories (+75, +53, +53), and need to make some room. I can't decide which to go for.. Simply adding up the stats, the rare gives 36 more overall. I guess it depends on which stats you want, which I'm never sure of, especially as I like to change weapons/builds which changes the 'most important' stats... I'm a casual player and tend to amble around on my own most of the time. I think it's better to keep the Wintersday 'ornaments' as they give a variety of stats and better suit my liking of changing weapons/builds: I don't want to have to keep changing accessories. Would you agree..?Thanks:)

Generally speaking, focused recipes are better for focused builds. All the high-end & speed-clear benchmarks are based on that. So, I would urge the OP to specialize and use gear appropriate to their goal.

However, if the OP continues to play by swapping builds often and disliking having to swap gear, then the 'Save the Children' exotics are a good option. Their skills+gear+traits won't be optimized, but that's okay: the game doesn't require optimized builds for most of its content.

@Veletuda.5361 if you stick to that playstyle (again, not my first recommendation), then consider the following:

• You can make 'Celestial' (the 7-stat prefix) armor and weapons, using charged crystals.
  • You can use ascended trinkets (easily acquired from the LS3 maps) and choose 'Celestial'
  • Many of the ascended backs we get from achievements (or related to them) have 'Celestial' as an option
  • You can transform any ascended weapon or armor piece into 'Celestial' with an exotic 'Celestial' inscription or insignia respectively (also requires charged quartz).

tl;dr 'Save the Children' trinkets are fine for the OP's stated playstyle (although I do recommend specializing, as it's ultimately more efficient, which I find to be more fun).

If you change your play style often and don't want to bother with changing gear I would suggest to stick with celestial stats (all stats except expertise and concentration) and get them in ascended if possible. It might not be the best setup in every way but it is a good setup most of the time especially in open world but also works well in fractals if you aren't after speedruns.

Great, thanks. I'll gradually upgrade more stuff to ascended, and try to decide on preferred builds at some point, but I'll stick with the ornaments for the time being. I think I'll just have 1 on the characters that have them, and replace any duplicates with the exotic trinkets I've got lying around.
:)

@Veletuda.5361 said:Great, thanks. I'll gradually upgrade more stuff to ascended, and try to decide on preferred builds at some point, but I'll stick with the ornaments for the time being. I think I'll just have 1 on the characters that have them, and replace any duplicates with the exotic trinkets I've got lying around.

:)

Sounds like a good plan, OP.

Back in the day, I used them when starting a new toon, since they are better than the rares & masterworks that normally drop (and at no additional cost).PS you can also forge four of these together for a random chance of something worth selling on the TP (or use 3 plus a mystic forge stone, if you have extras).

Im gonna write it down, even if it's maybe obvious for some, i just realized like a few months ago.4 stat armor has roughly 10% more stats then 3 stat Armor, while celestial armor has roughly 15% more stats then 4 stat Armor.

This means, when talkin about efficiency; full celestial Sets are most efficient, IF u can use all Stats. On the other Hand full celestial Stats won't let u specialize in a few specific Stats, and u might end up not havin the damage needed to kill someone. So u might wanna check if u can generate some Might in your Build. In the very end it's probably best to mix some Celestial Stats with those stats u want, for example ; cele trinkets + breast armor , grieving weapons + rest armor. This gives you a good overall Stat, while boosting your damage specifically.

Here's a full build example of partwise Celestial (WvW roaming Mirage): http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhQQRAnc8anELDFMjFpBmpBMMjlVDrsDMCCAobhgy1xvA2AjgA-jVSGQBG4JAUU1dAwJAoN7P8IVCyjSw7dQA2p+hoo8LAACwMLzysMDm5Mn5Mn5M76ycmzcmzcmzcmzcmlCoKlVA-w

Notice that Condition Damage is arround 1050 while power is arround 1900, some great hybrid damage !

Archived