Unbound magic gathering tools in LWS4

Winegum.2395

Infinite unbound gathering tools are currently available and I'm wondering whether they're worth buying with LWS4 around the corner?

My concern is that S4 will introduce a new currency for items that replaces unbound magic, making the tools less effective (maybe the new currency is more useful than unbound magic, I dont know...)

Has it been typical in past seasons (S1 and 2) to introduce a new currency like unbound magic? Just trying to determine what the likelihood of a new currency is, and whether the infinite unbound tools are worth buying right now

Season 2 had two currencies, geodes and bandit crests, which were tied to a map. LW3 (eventually) streamlined this into one currency, unbound magic (plus six trophies that were later converted to materials).

I won't be surprised to see new currencies, but keep in mind that geodes, bandit crests, and unbound magic are still very valuable for collections, materials, and in the case of unbound magic ascended trinkets.

Ask yourself the following questions:

• Do already have an infinite-use set of tools?
  • Can you only afford to purchase a one set of tools? (that is, will buying this set mean you can't buy an LS4-currency set, if one becomes available)
  • Can you live without more unbound magic for the 6-12 months until it goes on sale again?
  • If the answer is 'yes', then there's no reason to let ANet push you into deciding today. Wait it out.
  • If you don't own a set already and you're short on unbound, like @Ojimaru.8970 says, there's a lot of utility in having extra unbound. The bundles mentioned earn about 1-2g per 1000 u-magic (on average, after opening several stacks).

Archived