Best way of making gold for a new player?

Aleric.8546

Hey, im a new player and I would really like to know some good ways of making gold. I’ve heard about fractal 40 farm.. but am I able to do it with a lv 80 boosted character? I still have one boost left if I need to have a specific class for it. How lon does it take to prepare a class for frac 40? Are there other farm spots or things that are worth doing too?

A new player still not at 80 technically shouldn't need much gold.. Whenever i level up, I just use loot or story rewards to gear myself. Then after that I craft what I need, but if you are new to the game, you probably don't have the desire or resources for that. I'm not sure how much gold you're wanting, but farming centaurs at any level is good for selling leather, hitting every node you see and selling it are the two simplest ways. Pretty much putting everything you get on the trade post is a good idea. Even cheap things add up eventually. Just casual play, not doing anything out of the ordinary I make 10-15G a day.. if I was trying to actually make some money it'd probably be much more. edit as far as lvl 40 fractals go, you'd need at least a little agony resistance, so a couple ascended pieces.. I can't speak of that much though since I've only played around in the low ones.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ley-Energy_Matter_ConverterYou should try to get that, if you are lucky, you can get 1-2g everyday from it with very cheap price with no effort at all

If you have loot bag that have the phrase "this item is affected by magic find" you can open right away. If a loot bag that give equipment and don't have that phrase, you should pass it to your other character that is level ~54 that will open it (some middle tier items can sell higher than max tier items)

Make sure to at least kill 1 boss during night at Verdant Brink once a day, you get the amalgamated gemstone from hero chest + other stuffs which net you ~2g, you need to spend only 5-10' to kill a boss depend on ... things (the event happened every 2h so you need to keep track on time).

You can also do Auric Basin meta, which i find to have good loot, the map is easy to join, hard to fail unlike Tangle Depths meta. This cost you ~20' from get into map to loot all the things

@Zionka.6897 said:A new player still not at 80 technically shouldn't need much gold.. Whenever i level up, I just use loot or story rewards to gear myself. Then after that I craft what I need, but if you are new to the game, you probably don't have the desire or resources for that. I'm not sure how much gold you're wanting, but farming centaurs at any level is good for selling leather, hitting every node you see and selling it are the two simplest ways. Pretty much putting everything you get on the trade post is a good idea. Even cheap things add up eventually. Just casual play, not doing anything out of the ordinary I make 10-15G a day.. if I was trying to actually make some money it'd probably be much more. edit as far as lvl 40 fractals go, you'd need at least a little agony resistance, so a couple ascended pieces.. I can't speak of that much though since I've only played around in the low ones.

i am level 80

fractal 40 farm isn't too bad to get ready for, you do need the AR, you can buy what you need to speed up getting ready for it and insert it into your ascended rings or trinkets (most likely the easiest place to put them). I believe you need 43 is recommended. Boosted characters are fine I would say as long as your familiar with them and can put on exotic armor and some ascended rings+ for the AR.

Honestly just working your way up to 40 to learn the levels and have fun with it. Plenty of ways to earn some decent gold, don't want to burn out just trying to farm 24/7. Ofc do what's fun for you. If you have HoT I would say do some quick gathering at the Flax farm spot in verdant brink (under Jaka Itzel wp, on vine floor lvl) , will get you just under a gold per character. There are rich miner guilds and maps if you goggle them for other mats as well. spvp with the season going on can bring in some decent gold if your into that as well. Also remember to do your daily, it's 2 gold. Normally a mix of pve and wvw or pvp can get it done in just a couple of minutes once you learn which ones are the fastest.

Gems to gold is likely the most efficient when you consider time per gold. (Working for your boss and exchange the money to gems to gold most likely gives you more gold per hour than any in-game farming)

But having said this: You most likely want to earn the gold in-game. My experience is that world bosses and ranked PvP give you decent gold rewards. For world bosses, use party search to find a squad doing most world bosses, a.k.a. a world boss train. You will get numerous gold items and some orange ones. Selling these at trading post will provide you with decent gold and it is quite easy to play.

Ranked PvP gives you pip reward chests which provide decent gold, but this is a harder, more intensive play style which will not fit everyone.

@Aleric.8546 said:Hey, im a new player and I would really like to know some good ways of making gold. I’ve heard about fractal 40 farm.. but am I able to do it with a lv 80 boosted character? I still have one boost left if I need to have a specific class for it. How lon does it take to prepare a class for frac 40? Are there other farm spots or things that are worth doing too?

Since you are a knew player, let me ask you one question.Do you want to buy something specific you like or just want to have a regular income by playing the game?

I ask this because if you are new you have the whole game to explore and plenty of things to do ( and while you do them you will earn items which are worth golds ).There are places and strategies to farm in the best way, but since you are new i suggest you to enjoy the game.

PS: If you need exotic equipment say so. what class are you playing?

@Atamazon.7062 said:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ley-Energy_Matter_ConverterYou should try to get that, if you are lucky, you can get 1-2g everyday from it with very cheap price with no effort at all

If you have loot bag that have the phrase "this item is affected by magic find" you can open right away. If a loot bag that give equipment and don't have that phrase, you should pass it to your other character that is level ~54 that will open it (some middle tier items can sell higher than max tier items)

Make sure to at least kill 1 boss during night at Verdant Brink once a day, you get the amalgamated gemstone from hero chest + other stuffs which net you ~2g, you need to spend only 5-10' to kill a boss depend on ... things (the event happened every 2h so you need to keep track on time).

You can also do Auric Basin meta, which i find to have good loot, the map is easy to join, hard to fail unlike Tangle Depths meta. This cost you ~20' from get into map to loot all the things

thanks a lot bro! I have that thing in my inventory and i had no idea whatz that for

I'll summarize earning gold with minimum time spent:Do the daily, it is 2 gold.
These do not require HoT: Do Tequatl event, 1 gold. Do fast Dungeon path, CoF P1. Do fast Fractal path. Check LFG, and tag along with Silverwaste chest run (but make sure you have enough Bandit crest to buy the keys first). Doing Silverwaste RIBA (mostly loot bags and some rare) plus vinewrath.If you have HoT, do the Auric Basin Meta event. It gives good loot within 20 min. Also, do the Verdant Brink night event. If time right, killing the first boss, getting the Amalgamated gem within 5 min. Do mapping in certain map that give you good material (such as T6, Blood, totem) and remember to buy 6 Pact's Scout mapping material (need related Masteries) daily.During some festival, it could be a good time to make gold, e.g. selling bag during Halloween. The upcoming Wintersday event will be a good time to make gold and farm Karma.

Archived