Having problems patching the game.

So I restarted my client while I was downloading the game and now everytime I start it again it refuses to download the rest of the files.My problem is that according to the launcher the game is downloading but the downloaded files counter doesn't update and the progress bar as well.The "Downloading " sections keeps track of progress and the download speed indicator seems to be working but nothing else.I have tried repairing the client and also deleting the Local.dat file and still nothing has fixed my problem.Is it just a visual bug or is it something more serious.

If somebody has any tips I would gladly try them.

If it appears to be downloading endlessly without progress, it's likely downloading corrupted files, which it'll continuously retry to download. You can use the -log option to confirm, which saves to %appdata%/Guild Wars 2/Gw2.log.

If this is the case, you will likely need to use a VPN. If you have anything that blocks websites, first try disabling it. You can also try using a different patch server:-assetsrv 34.200.108.79

@Darkspam.4182 said:How can I just download just the launcher again and where do I delete the old one from? Do I delete the GW2-64.exe file or some other file/files?

If you want to replace the launcher, simply download Gw2Setup-64.exe, rename it to Gw2-64.exe and overwrite your existing one. Gw2Setup-64.exe is actually just Gw2-64.exe, though it's an older version. Alternatively, you can download the current version of Gw2-64.exe direct from the patch server. This won't help you however.

Because I am using my accommodation's internet which has restricted access to a lot of sites then maybe this is what breaks my patching. I checked the log file and it was mostly full with errors which when examined looked like it was downloading the wrong files. Unfortunately I have no way of disabling it so maybe I'll try to download a VPN at a friends place and see if it works then.

Archived