So.. Any Chance of old Stability coming back?

Trajan.4953

The amount of stuns, CC's, Slows, Roots etc etc seems to far outweigh any conceivable stability stacking. I have always felt CC as a whole is very lazy development, not fun for players. Fun I guess if you are CC-ing the crap out of someone but overall a lame addition. WoW did it for a while in Cata then backed right off.

@ThunderPanda.1872 said:I want to see boonstrips remove 1 stability stack instead of the entirety of it

booncorrupt from cursed bullet allways changes stability into fear, if thats for all corrputs than just removing one stack would let you still stay immune to the fear from the corrupt.

@X T D.6458 said:

@ThunderPanda.1872 said:I want to see boonstrips remove 1 stability stack instead of the entirety of it

That's what CC is for....

Nah, j-you don't get it bruv. We want boonstrip abilities, that remove 1 stack of stability! Screw any of the other conditions in the game! This one has to be pure! Purity for the sake of ONLY stripping a single stack, from stability!

HAIL THE NEW META!

Old stability wouldn't help. The problem is the boon removal/blocking of boon distribution so that it outpaces any application of stability. That and stability is limited to a small number of skills and classes. (well, at least those that actually mean something in a fight of significant size-- 1 stack of stability doesn't mean a damn.) with guardians being the main source of group stability.

Old Stab was way too powerful, way too powerful. There's something to be said for changing how boon stripping and corrupts work on stab for sure, but we should never go back to the old way. Similarly, resistance needs to be given the stab treatment, meaning it needs to be brought in line

@OriOri.8724 said:Old Stab was way too powerful, way too powerful. There's something to be said for changing how boon stripping and corrupts work on stab for sure, but we should never go back to the old way. Similarly, resistance needs to be given the stab treatment, meaning it needs to be brought in line

Lol, resistance is already the first thing being stripped ever, followed by the ever precious stability. I honestly dont know what you're talking about, why would you want to nerf resistance when its literally the first thing being taken away.

@Trajan.4953 said:The amount of stuns, CC's, Slows, Roots etc etc seems to far outweigh any conceivable stability stacking. I have always felt CC as a whole is very lazy development, not fun for players. Fun I guess if you are CC-ing the crap out of someone but overall a lame addition. WoW did it for a while in Cata then backed right off.

I always felt stability was the laziest crutch for players and in design. It allowed for the complete ignoring of entire skill sets.

There are folks who are still silly enough to compare WoW to this game? Sheesh, I thought after all of these years that we had moved beyond irrational and illogical game comparisons.

Now if you want to discuss boon strip and worse yet, boon corrupts, then we can get to the root of the issue.

Firebrand would be even more OP than it already is with old stability, since it has a stab Mantra and the book. Might as well give up on CCing a party with a firebrand in it.

You'd have to have a full boon structure rework (and boon rip/corruption) to support old stab coming back.

Personally, I'd like to see more Breakbars on players.

Archived