Which PvE content do you like the most?

Erasculio.2914

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Multiple choices, so I voted "other":

• PvE explorable small and large scales.
  • Fractals.
  • I do dungeons sporadically only, mostly to help others, but I don't enjoy it much (because mostly taking place in closed dark places, what I do not like).

I don't do raids due to a timing issue with the guild I am in (taking place middle of night). I don't like storylines. I do them once only (to unlock progression). After that, I very rarely return to them again (for some, never ever). The few exceptions are when some of the achievements internal to an instance are Ok enough and don't require to finish the whole instance.

It's amazing how the game gets balanced around the tiny elitist niches of the game.

But then of course open world PvE is not difficult, so there's no reason why you would balance broken stuff. And if you make it difficult and then have a reason to balance it it's not popular anymore. A dilemma.

@Adenin.5973 said:It's amazing how the game gets balanced around the tiny elitist niches of the game.

But then of course open world PvE is not difficult, so there's no reason why you would balance broken stuff. And if you make it difficult and then have a reason to balance it it's not popular anymore. A dilemma.

Well you don't really need to balance stuff around open world PvE, because it is relatively easy. The raids and PvP require the balance to function as high end content. You can play virtually anything in the open world and still succeed (albeit more slowly).

@Adenin.5973 said:It's amazing how the game gets balanced around the tiny elitist niches of the game.

Are you telling me the game should be balanced around the open world? People just toss more bodies at events when they are too hard and do perfectly fine even with garbage builds. I don't think you would like open world to be actually balanced.

As others have stated, I like doing anything open world. I play solo but I do love the big world boss events and being in a mass of players taking out the big bad. Alterately I equally love completing maps (not hearts so much) and doing smaller events. I find that gives me the right amount of enjoyment to make me keep coming back.

@Jeknar.6184 said:

Are you telling me the game should be balanced around the open world? People just toss more bodies at events when they are too hard and do perfectly fine even with garbage builds. I don't think you would like open world to be actually balanced.

that is how the open world is supposed to workif the rest of the game was like that, they wouldnt be in this situation

I like exploration and events with only a few people, regardless of how big the event is supposed to be. doing group events with only a few people is pretty fun. but when too many people show up it becomes a lot more boring. if I could go afk and no one would notice any change from losing a person, then that's too many people

Also dungeons! working your way through a dungeon, getting a bit of story, and some fractals have fairly interesting mechanics

And raids. I like raids mostly because they tend to be more challenging and have more interesting mechanics than anything else in the game. 10 people is more than I would like, but it's not too bad. there's still a lot of individual impact, especially on a support

@Jeknar.6184 said:

Usually it would be a good idea to balance the game separately whenever it is required. That's too difficult/expensive. So you would think that the game should be balanced around the one game mode that most people play and enjoy, which is open world PvE content. This does not happen in GW2. Game gets balanced around PvP and raids. Which makes sense because balance does not matter in open world PvE content.

There's no point in balancing open world PvE content atm. And when you make PvE content where balancing matters it's no longer that popular (like it happens with all things that have a certain level difficulty and that need finer tuned builds - raids and higher fractals fractals for example).

Archived