Suggestion for new forum avatars

Erasculio.2914

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:I rather cuter things like Choya.We don't have a Choya icon, do we?

There are 2 choya avatars

Yeah and both in a Halloween Jack-O-Lantern, yet we have 2 Quaggans and one in a ghost bostume.Give us more Choya. They're more cuddly than those round Quaggans.

Actually yes... give the original/good Quaggan icons or non-Halloween Choya ones. No more of the inflated Quaggans, please.

• ArenaNet Staff

We do intend to expand the avatar base, for sure. Of course, it would not be possible for each member to have a unique avatar, as potentially that would require our artists to create millions of images (!) and that's not doable.

I take on board that certain creatures and characters are super popular, even iconic. I happen to love the idea of more quaggans, but with this choya next to me pointing a menacing quill in my direction, I'll say a more neutral: "Yes, more of all creatures! ;)

It's really fun to see such a large variety of avatars in use, and we'll make sure you have more choices in the future -- that definitely is in the gameplan!

Glad to hear that more are planned. The game has tons that people would probably enjoy using.

BTW I was referring to enough icons for forum frequenters to show up differently from each other. Right now, there are so few that it's more a distraction: it's easier to confuse two people right now than to keep them distinct. (Pictures being worth 1000-character-length unique display name.) Plus, "ideally" — I realize even with that proviso, it's still not realistic.

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:We do intend to expand the avatar base, for sure. Of course, it would not be possible for each member to have a unique avatar, as potentially that would require our artists to create millions of images (!) and that's not doable.

I take on board that certain creatures and characters are super popular, even iconic. I happen to love the idea of more quaggans, but with this choya next to me pointing a menacing quill in my direction, I'll say a more neutral: "Yes, more of all creatures! ;)

It's really fun to see such a large variety of avatars in use, and we'll make sure you have more choices in the future -- that definitely is in the gameplan!

We need skritt not quaggans.

Would it not be possible/reasonable to get a snapshot of the heads of one of our characters to use as an avatar? That shouldn't necessarily create a ton of work (or any, depending how its handled) for the art team, but could drastically increase the variety of icons. The biggest roadblock would probably be the forum hosts judging by what I've heard about them.

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:We do intend to expand the avatar base, for sure. Of course, it would not be possible for each member to have a unique avatar, as potentially that would require our artists to create millions of images (!) and that's not doable.

Would it ever be possible to link in game character profile images with forum avatars, so a player could use the profile picture of any character on their account as an avatar?

@Curunen.8729 said:

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:We do intend to expand the avatar base, for sure. Of course, it would not be possible for each member to have a
unique
avatar, as potentially that would require our artists to create millions of images (!) and that's not doable.

I take on board that certain creatures and characters are super popular, even iconic. I happen to love the idea of more quaggans, but with this choya next to me pointing a menacing quill in my direction, I'll say a more neutral: "Yes, more of
all
creatures! ;)

Would it ever be possible to link in game character profile images with forum avatars, so a player could use the profile picture of any character on their account as an avatar?

If they did this, I'm retiring this Deadeye one with a heartbeat.While I do like my Deadeye, I only picked this icon as the others don't suit me much. Especially colour-wise.

Archived