Ticket# 6698735 - "TP Ate My Money"

So let me get this straight - After waiting 4 days to hear back, I get a ridiculous answer about "how we cant do that because of our abilities." was not even an answer regarding that they would look into the bug to FIX it...apparently they want more gold sink so bad that such bugs will continue to exist.

Below is the discussion: Asteriks are hidden for a reason to protect my markets.

Lithril Ashwalker.6230Tuesday at 00:4711-14-2017around 12:40am EST

i was canceling a buy order for about [80 gold, 0 silver, 5 copper] on the trade post for buying an item called ****... i was getting flipped hard so i decided to bail out, i canceled the buy order expecting the money to be refunded, instead it got canceled and i never received my money back...im now out 80g and 5 copper.

please fix

Lithril Ashwalker.6230Wednesday at 13:481:40-1:44 pm EST11-15-17

did the same thing for ****, had an order for one for about 90 gold...canceled because i again got overcut...im missing yet another bit of gold for canceling an order. im losing money here when i shouldnt be. please respond. when i cancel other items i ordered to get money back to try another method ONLY with this item the TP eats my refund!

GM Ultra ViperToday at 06:23Greetings Brandon,

I offer you my condolences regarding this matter. Unfortunately, we're unable to assist players with any issues regarding the Trading Post. It just isn't within our abilities. Sorry for the inconvenience.Regards,

GM Ultra ViperGuild Wars 2 Support Teamhttp://help.guildwars2.com/

so whats the deal? are you guys gonna fix a broken TP / item on tp even if i dont get my refund? or do you want others making tickets with the same thing?

• ArenaNet Staff

I admit that I'm puzzled by the response. I'd suggest you respond to the ticket, not a new one and ask for more details. I can't ascertain what's going on, and there's usually more to a story than we see on the forums, but based on this post alone, you might want to request more details.

I once had this issue when bidding on a legendary weapon. Cancelled my bid, money was not returned at that time.I stressed out, checked again and again. Posted a ticket and a forum thread. Many other players had the issue as well. 45 minutes later the gold finally was returned.

Then it just was an annoying glitch on TP and it was resolved later on.

If you place a buy order> @FatherBuddy.9501 said:

I'm pretty sure he is talking about the money that it uses to post into TP and delivery fee etc., you dont get that money back, that sucks, but its useful if you think about it.

You don't lose money if you put in a buy offer and cancel it. You only lose money if you list an item, then unlist it. Listing fee is 5%, so would cost 4g on an 80g item, just to list it. The transaction fee is then 10%, so 8g. So, if you list an item for 80g, you will clear 68g when the transaction finishes. Of course, this prevents price wars on premium items since people can't list/unlist at a whim without losing fairly substantially. So, if you buy an item for 80g, you need to sell it for 94g11s76c just to break even.

It seems the OP is placing a buy order on a specific item, which he's not telling us to "protect his market", then canceling the buy, but not getting his gold back. Personally, I've played the market on and off quite a lot over the years and have never had this happen. I wonder if it's a newer item that may yet be bugged in the TP. At that price, perhaps one of the newer BL skins, which can be a very lucrative market if you have the money to invest long term.

• ArenaNet Staff

You know, you're right. I've seen a lot of tickets where agents have painstakingly researched such a report, and then when they told the player their discoveries, the player said, "Doh! You're right! I forgot I bought that thing!" And it ends up that the money they thought they lost was tracked to the very thing they did buy after all.

That's not to say you should not report if you believe you're missing money, but I strongly believe we would know of any sort of glitch, and I know if we were having issues, we'd tell our players. At this point, there's no discussion about a situation that would causes unexplained losses. That leads me to believe that nothing is disappearing, but that someone is actively buying other things, or is cancelling sell orders and then is forgetting about the costs of transaction.

@Razor.6392 said:I'm pretty sure I listed an order for 200ish powerful venom yesterday but apparently that didn't go through? Or maybe I forgot to do it? I lost the gold I'm 90% sure.

I wish someone could investigate but writing a ticket on a suspicion is not gonna cut it.

@Gaile Gray.6029Just passed through after seeing this thread in the dev tracker, but something caught my eye and I'm now a little shocked and confused.

This person encountered an issue with the TP and a GW2 support request was made, only to be told by GW2 support that they do not assist players encountering any issues with the GW2 Trading Post.

I've had few occasions where I needed to be in contact with support and all have gone very nicely, including one related to the TP several years ago.

• Did something change with GW2 support to where they no longer assist with TP issues, any TP issues?
  • If Gw2 support does still assist with TP issues (which they must as evident by responses in this thread), why is the GW2 Support Team Member telling a customer that they do not assist players encountering any issues with the TP?

Again, I've never had a bad experience with support personally, but it has been quite some time since I've had a need to contact them.

Has something changed to where they no longer assist with TP-related issues like they had in the past?

If support does still assist with TP issues, being told they do not by a Support Rep in their ticket and then being told that they do by you (as you noted agents do assist with reports regarding the TP, sometimes painstakingly) in this thread, I'd be quite confused and irritated.

If they do still assist with TP issues, why is an agent telling a customer that they do not and will anything be done to correct this so agents no longer make false statements regarding support for TP issues to customers?

Just quite confused by contradictory statements that I am seeing in the response from support and from you (and other players) in this thread.I'm unsure of what I should do If I do have a TP-related issue in the future. Should I not even bother contacting support since the agent says they do not assist with any TP-related issue? A reply of 'Yes, they do offer support for TP-related issues' or a 'No, they do not offer support for TP-related issues' would be quite helpful to me in clearing up my confusion and very much appreciated.

• ArenaNet Staff

The matter has been escalated to a senior CS agent, and they'll review both the records and the response given to this person. There is no reason whatsoever to be concerned. TP issues are still reviewed, are still resolved, every day!

This is a matter impacting a single person, and as in any such situation, there are a lot more details than what appear in this post. Let's let the CS Team continue their research and not see this single situation as an indicator of issues that have broader impact.

EDIT to add: And this is why we ask that player who have questions or concerns not try to use the forums to discuss or appeal customer support matters. It's only through tickets that someone will be assisted because that's where we can get the info we need to help. Using the forums to try to expedite an answer, to ask for help, or to complain about a situation, is entirely pointless. Doing so can cause other players to develop unnecessary concerns, as is the situation here. If you have questions about your CS ticket, please discuss with CS.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:The matter has been escalated to a senior CS agent, and they'll review both the records and the response given to this person. There is no reason whatsoever to be concerned. TP issues are still reviewed, are still resolved, every day!

This is a matter impacting a single person, and as in any such situation, there are a lot more details than what appear in this post. Let's let the CS Team continue their research and not see this single situation as an indicator of issues that have broader impact.

Thank you very much, Gaile. I appreciate your quickly putting at ease my concern caused by that false statement made by the Support Team Member to the customer by noting that TP-related issues are, indeed, still assisted with by GW2 Support and that the agent's response would be reviewed.

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:The matter has been escalated to a senior CS agent, and they'll review both the records and the response given to this person. There is no reason whatsoever to be concerned. TP issues are still reviewed, are still resolved, every day!

EDIT to add: And this is why we ask that player who have questions or concerns not try to use the forums to discuss or appeal customer support matters. It's only through tickets that someone will be assisted because that's where we can get the info we need to help. Using the forums to try to expedite an answer, to ask for help, or to complain about a situation, is entirely pointless. Doing so can cause other players to develop unnecessary concerns, as is the situation here. If you have questions about your CS ticket, please discuss with CS.

i would if i could click the SIGN IN portion of your website without it saying "dns cannot connect PROBE"... but i can freely roam the rest of the site.

What gold you are losing is the fee for posting the item on the trading post. This is not a bug, and it has always been this way. Normally the posting fee is practically invisible however for those that try to earn gold by abusing the trading post posting 1000x of such and such the fees are much higher. Total fee is affected by the total price of products sold. If you retract said product you will not be refunded the posting fee. ie: selling water 1g+10s : Retracting results in 10s loss

Honestly the posting fee should be drastically increased to prevent market abuse.

@Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:The matter has been escalated to a senior CS agent, and they'll review both the records and the response given to this person. There is no reason whatsoever to be concerned. TP issues are still reviewed, are still resolved, every day!

EDIT to add: And
this
is why we ask that player who have questions or concerns not try to use the forums to discuss or appeal customer support matters. It's only through tickets that someone will be assisted because that's where we can get the info we need to help. Using the forums to try to expedite an answer, to ask for help, or to complain about a situation, is entirely pointless. Doing so can cause other players to develop unnecessary concerns, as is the situation here.
If you have questions about your CS ticket, please discuss with CS.

i would if i could click the SIGN IN portion of your website without it saying "dns cannot connect PROBE"... but i can freely roam the rest of the site.

You can also reply to the last email you got from Support. You do not have to log into the site at all.

@Larenc.1269 said:What gold you are losing is the fee for posting the item on the trading post. This is not a bug, and it has always been this way. Normally the posting fee is practically invisible however for those that try to earn gold by abusing the trading post posting 1000x of such and such the fees are much higher. Total fee is affected by the total price of products sold. If you retract said product you will not be refunded the posting fee. ie: selling water 1g+10s : Retracting results in 10s loss

Honestly the posting fee should be drastically increased to prevent market abuse.

It's actually 5% for the posting fee and a 10% transaction fee. You would lose 5s retracting an item worth 1g. If you make retracting an item too expensive, say 25%, what you'll get is people salvaging/hoarding a lot more or doing private sales/trades to avoid fees and ultimately there would be less stock on the TP, and it would be more expensive, on average. It would also cause terrible undercutting with people looking for a quick sale, afraid to loose too much if they get undercut and are forced to relist. It would also make it more difficult for new players to sell expensive item if they do happen to get a lucky drop...say a PC. Say a PC worth 800g for a PC, with a listing fee of 40g, that's a substantial chunk of money for a newer player. If you were to raise that 25%, that's a 200g listing fee. After 5 years of casual play, I'm not rich in game, but not poor either, but 200g is 200g and I don't know about you, but I'd be looking to do a trade with someone or a private sale and keep that 200g in the bank. It would be chaos and the TP would be far more volatile.

I think 5% is plenty as just a listing fee, and I'm sorry, but 15% loss on a sold item is plenty of tax, thank you.

@Larenc.1269 said:What gold you are losing is the fee for posting the item on the trading post. This is not a bug, and it has always been this way. Normally the posting fee is practically invisible however for those that try to earn gold by abusing the trading post posting 1000x of such and such the fees are much higher. Total fee is affected by the total price of products sold. If you retract said product you will not be refunded the posting fee. ie: selling water 1g+10s : Retracting results in 10s loss

no bro, i didnt order anything that only costed 10%... i was owed 90G back because it was around the profit i would make... not the bloody listing fee, ive been flipping for months and i think id know this.

@Seera.5916 said:

@"Lithril Ashwalker.6230" said:

You can also reply to the last email you got from Support. You do not have to log into the site at all.

In fact, I've never signed in to the support website for GW2. I haven't had any trouble contacting Support for help.

Archived