Regarding custom music

Noa.7490

The ability to provide our own music within the game is a very nice feature but from my experience it is somewhat bugged, unless there's a hidden switch somewhere. Let me explain further; for example, the "Ambient" folder has a total of 79 tracks all varying in length (City has 28 tracks, Night has 41). In game however, I always hear the same 4 or 5 repeating over and over again. Same goes for the other categories. The playlists and music files location have been checked according to the Guild Wars 2 wiki and other sources and everything is in order. I'm not wondering, like I said, if there's an underlying command line or something I might have missed or if the custom music feature has technical issues. Can anyone help shed some light on this?

I'm adding another note: All my mp3 files are named as it should (Ambient01.mp3, Ambient02.mp3, and so on) and while taking a look inside the playlist (the .m3u files) I've noticed that the order of the songs in two folders (City and Ambient) have been all mixed up for some reason. No information can be found about the effect of making the m3u file read-only so I'm going to try that. And again, if anyone has ideas, or suggestions, I'm all ears.

Archived