Disconnect only during long story quests.

Slyxx.4860

This is super frustrating. I can play all day long, I have good internet connection. It's happening on all my characters now. Every time I do a long a story quest I get to the end and then I get disconnected. I'm tired of having to restart these.

I can run the short quests no problem.

Anyone else having this issue?

I have the exact same issue. I FINALLY finish the end instance of PoF and get DC'd during end cinematic. So now I have to do the fight all over again. Same thing happened to me 3 times at the end of Flashpoint.

ANet really needs to put some sort of checkpoint at the end of the ACTION of a story step, so that WHEN (not if) people DC during the cinematic, they don't have to repeat the whole instance!

• 2 weeks later...

For the last few months, entering "story mode" has resulted in at least 1 disconnection per chapter, always at the END of the chapter. Today, I'm trying to get through Path of Fire, and I get THREE disconnections at the same place (Chapter 3, The Temple, while trying to get to the Mists, always at the twin sisters). This is wearing on my patience. That I can't seem to find any indication that the devs are acknowledging this bug is wearing on it more. The fault isn't on my end, as testing on my end, and through a call to my ISP, shows that my connection is fine (20mbps dl/14.5mbps ul).

I've seen several threads regarding similar issues, but no response from the Devs on how this is being addressed (if there is one, please link it, but I don't even show it on the current list of bug issues)

• 1 month later...

I know complaining here will will have no effect whatsoever on ARENANET but after almost completing two separate stories TWICE in a row EACH, and LOSING ALL MY PROGRESS, one PoF and another in the original game I am just so fed up. I NEVER get disconnected playing the normal game it is just in the stories. I have no idea what to do. WHY oh why does it choose stores to disconnect.

Did you ever think it was something they are not able to fix as of yet given all the different hardware? It's not like this is a branded engine, the game engine is custom and from Guild Wars at that. I understand it sucks but at least players have a options for a workaround until it is actually addressed hopefully.

Until it's addressed? LOL it's been well over a year that this has existed... I think it's long past time to address a well known and rather serious problem with the game. And no, I'm not sure I believe they even can fix it any longer after such length of time. Now even worse, the crashes are happening out in open world territory as well. Last night I got random discons 5 times in less than 2 hours and was forced to just walk away. This morning, I was booted 3 times in 15 minutes. So please don't talk about "when it gets addressed" LOL.I've been playing MMO's ever since the release of UO. That's roughly 19 years. I've seen many of them come and go. One of the BIGGEST reasons I've seen customers walk away is due to lack of fixing known problems. Struggling MMO's start cranking out new content without listening to their customer base about the problems that exist in their game. New content masks the problem, not fix it. New content on an unstable game still equates to an unstable game. But now, it compounds into greater problems.

• 2 months later...

Stuck on the last mission of HoT. Have killed Mordremoth now 6 times but the story gets stuck every time, at the same point when it attempts to send me back to Traherne after killing Mordremoth. Have spent 2+ hours trying to get past it and have tried all the suggested 'workarounds' but am now on the verge of requesting a refund on PoF because at this rate will never get to see it. That would be writing off on all the Gems purchased and time spent in what is otherwise a fine game but does show me how much they care about players.

• 10 months later...

Archived