Request: Camouflage Mirage Baseline?

Hibiskus.8294

Ok....i recordnized something, after i watched the Gw2 : Path of Fire - Expansion Announcement

i saw a comment from a Developer ...... orginally i just looked the video a second or third time, since i can not wait so long for the expansion....so i just must watch the video to see what we get....and between the minutes 16:51 - 17:00 i saw it....in the subtitle: they said: " They blend into basically whatever their surroundings are. Camouflaging themselves so you can´t see them, and while they are doing this they can strike at you from multiple directions".

And then i recordnized it: They can NOT camouflage themselves, blend into their surroundings....they have not one single trait baseline ( i mean the ones where you can not choose between 3 traits...i mean the 3 that you get on baseline)....

So maybe they can get a additive to an existing baseline: When you dont move for 5 seconds you blend into your surrounding ( Stealth) and keep it as long as you want: BUT you loose it when you move again...so you have stealth as long as you dont move, but moving destroys the illusion of your surrounding.

That would be something cool....(also i hope they read the small staff rework thread)...And now: I will watch some Gw2 Videos from the stress test, i really can not wait any longer for the expansion, are that really 6 days that we must wait?

What if the stealth remained active when using teleport skills?

That would allow you to stand still for a few seconds and then Jaunt/Blink/IA/swap/phaseretreat around without breaking the stealth, but physically pressing a movement direction key would immediately break stealth. Could be a lot of fun.

@Dondagora.9645 said:I like the idea of a Trait that gave us a short stealth when Mirage Cloaking, so we can dodge to break targeting.

More so, I still don't understand how Camoflage didn't make it into the final version and Mirrors did.

Because development was based on the word Mirage, and then an artist drew up a concept art of what is now the Mirrors. That's what we're based around. A picture and a word.

Archived