What is this stat set good for?

InsaneQR.7412

@InsaneQR.7412 said:Has anyone a good viable example where this could be used?

It could be used to vigilate, and call for help if something strange happens.It seems a bad stat set to me too, but due to the fact that pve and wvw can use different pieces, maybe could be usefulsomehow in a strange build.

My power ranger does a lot of vulnerability, but no condition damage. Increasing the duration of this condition increases the damage he does. Increasing condition damage would have no value. Not all conditions do damage, there are a lot of them that only cause effects. I might actually use this one if it was vitality instead of toughness.

@Kal Spiro.9745 said:My power ranger does a lot of vulnerability, but no condition damage. Increasing the duration of this condition increases the damage he does. Increasing condition damage would have no value. Not all conditions do damage, there are a lot of them that only cause effects. I might actually use this one if it was vitality instead of toughness.

Power ranger with no precision or ferocity?

a full vigilant set will give youPower: 2172critical chance: 4%critical damage: 150%Condition duration: 42.2% condi duration

a full berserk ranger will give youPower: 2382critical chance: 49.71%Critical Damage: 214%Condition duration: 0%

Also, in both wvw and pve stacks are perma up, so there won't be any problem if you wanna run power ( in spvp i doubt yo will be able to deal enough damage with that set ).

@Shirlias.8104 said:

@Kal Spiro.9745 said:My power ranger does a lot of vulnerability, but no condition damage. Increasing the duration of this condition increases the damage he does. Increasing condition damage would have no value. Not all conditions do damage, there are a lot of them that only cause effects. I might actually use this one if it was vitality instead of toughness.

Power ranger with no precision or ferocity?

a full vigilant set will give youPower: 2172critical chance: 4%critical damage: 150%Condition duration: 42.2% condi duration

a full berserk ranger will give youPower: 2382critical chance: 49.71%Critical Damage: 214%Condition duration: 0%

Also, in both wvw and pve stacks are perma up, so there won't be any problem if you wanna run power ( in spvp i doubt yo will be able to deal enough damage with that set ).

I don't full set anything. If we're talking a full set then no, this is stupid

@Kal Spiro.9745 said:I don't full set anything. If we're talking a full set then no, this is stupid

It wasn't specified, but also

@Vavume.8065 said:

@Kal Spiro.9745 said:My power ranger does a lot of vulnerability, but no condition damage. Increasing the duration of this condition increases the damage he does.

You actually tried to justify using expertise on a power ranger? I've seen it all now...

it felt like something forced ( i could have understood a hibrid way between zerk and marauder if the user can't manage to deal with mobs skills, just to make a power dps example related. Or a few soldier pieces mixed with zerk gear for wvw ).

@Egrimm Van Horstmann.7921 said:If I'm not mistaken it's intended for Heralds. They're based around boons and condi is pretty much the best damage they can get.

Well power herald is actually quiet decent and despite the condition duration is this still power gear and not condition gear. And condition duration has no use on power gear.

It's a good stat combo for non-damaging conditions on a power spec, in group play, such as PvP or WvW. From the top of my head, it works for Herald and Daredevil. They cause tons of cripple/blindness/vulnerability/whatever, and the extra condi duration makes those quite powerful. The enemy has to waste their cleanses/stunbreaks rather than waiting them out, making them vulnerable to actual damaging conditions or CC.

@FOX.3582 said:Everything except Viper’s, Berserker’s and sometimes something with Concentration/Toughness for a Chrono/Tank is useless. Anet making over 30 different stat combinations is a huge fail...

It really depends on your goal and the content. There are more-durable variations of Viper's (Trailblazer) & Berserker's (Marauder) that make sense for WvW. Celestial makes sense for people who don't much care about optimizing and who swap builds a lot. Griever's is benchmarked better than Viper's for Firebrand. And there are budget condi stats that are nearly as good as Viper's.

I'm surprised no one realized its for Control builds. Power and Toughness for baseline sustain, which makes you harder to shrug off in a drawn out fight. Concentration and Expertise are there to extend their main functionality; Boon duration for your personal or group force multiplication, with expertise increasing the duration of your CCs. At the moment there isn't a clear build that takes full advantage of this, as the 3 classes that would be interested (Guard, Ele and Engineer) get better mileage out of Celestial stats. I'm thinking maybe a Mirage or Support Chorno in WvW, but both of those have been doing well enough with lean defensive stats.

The trouble though is that you need a LOT of expertise or concentration to make a real dent in the duration values, which makes them less attractive to round out a build when traits tend to do the job better. I know for sure Anet is purposely avoiding Concentration being paired with purely offensive stats, because it would become a permanent fixture in Raid Meta.

@FOX.3582 said:Everything except Viper’s, Berserker’s and sometimes something with Concentration/Toughness for a Chrono/Tank is useless. Anet making over 30 different stat combinations is a huge fail...I guess healers don't exist, and boon duration isn't a stat you want with healing for keeping 25 might on 10 people!

@Pretty Pixie.8603 said:

@FOX.3582 said:Everything except Viper’s, Berserker’s and sometimes something with Concentration/Toughness for a Chrono/Tank is useless. Anet making over 30 different stat combinations is a huge fail...

Spoken like a true PvEer.

Please, don't put every PvEler down to this level of argumentation. Maybe "Spoken like a true hardcore raid-or-die PvEler"?

@Mahou.3924 said:

Spoken like a true PvEer.

Please, don't put every PvEler down to this level of argumentation. Maybe "Spoken like a true hardcore raid-or-die PvEler"?

I think he was referring to a place called World vs World.

Archived