Trading Post and Selling Delay

Shirlias.8104

What should be the point of introducing a delay on selling items?Since making a bid or buy items has no cd nor costs, i think it should be something bots related... am i wrong?

Even if, couldn't be there a different way to solve this?Or maybe just incrasing the items per stack ( 500/750/1000 instead of 250 ), since the major issue is when you want to sell ( or set at a specific price ) materials.

@Daddicus.6128 said:Could you please explain your issue more? I can't figure out what you're asking about.

After you sell x items, whatever they are 1 or 250 per trade, you can't sell anymore.

You have to wait 10 or 15 sec per trade.I am not sure about how much time passes before you will be able to sell 1 more time.

So ie I have to sell 100 items i have to wait a high Amount of time bevuta this Block.

Ah, it's about the "You're selling items too fast" timer. I believe ANet has commented in the past that it is not specifically in place to combat bot behavior or a way to slow down or prevent damage to the economy, but is a technical limitation due to the nature of the TP being shared worldwide and is more of a synchronization element. That may not be accurate or truthful, but that is similar to what I recall the last word on the matter being.

I've found that, when the delay is active, I have never experienced it to last longer than 5-6 seconds, not 10-15 seconds.I also rarely encounter the sell delay timer even after quickly selling about 70-80 different items. It's only when selling a bunch stacks of a single item in bulk (boom-boom-boom-boom) that I've noticed it being more likely to be triggered after about 10-12 stacks of rapid listing. When active, I've found that I only need to mentally count to 5 (sometimes 6 due to my inaccuracy counting each second) and then post the item and it lists. No need to wait much longer than that before trying again. After doing this and slowing my listing of different items for 5 or 6 items, I can resume normal pace of listing different items again. That's my consistent experience with the timer over the years anyway.

@BunjiKugashira.9754 said:It's a bit annoying, but if this is what keeps the TP from crashing and your items from disappearing into a void, then so be it. The TP is a very fragile construct and I'm glad it's working as stable as it does currently.

Though buying and selling was a similar thing.I didn't expect that selling items required way more resources thant buying em.

@Shirlias.8104 said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:I almost never encounter the delay. I must be too slow at clicking, even though I often buy a few thousand units of mats at a time.

It does not affect the buyer.Only the seller.

I almost never encounter the delay. I must be too slow at clicking, even though I often sell a few thousand units of items at a time.(both statements are true: you might be seeing the issue frequently; I don't)

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Shirlias.8104 said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:I almost never encounter the delay. I must be too slow at clicking, even though I often buy a few thousand units of mats at a time.

I almost never encounter the delay. I must be too slow at clicking, even though I often sell a few thousand units of items at a time.(both statements are true: you might be seeing the issue frequently; I don't)

Buy 40 stacks which are worth copper and sell em back directly ( or put em on tp without selling ).With few silver you will be aware of the current situation.

@Shirlias.8104 said:

@Shirlias.8104 said:

Buy 40 stacks which are worth copper and sell em back directly ( or put em on tp without selling ).With few silver you will be aware of the current situation.

I am aware of the situation. I'm saying I almost never encounter it.

Should it get fixed? Sure. How urgent is it? The fact that you say that replication requires sale of 40 stacks suggests that it only affects those who trade in huge quantities of goods. I can't imagine that is a huge faction of the TP-using population. So maybe it's not the biggest TP-related issue right now.

@Shirlias.8104 said:

@Shirlias.8104 said:

I am
aware
of the situation. I'm saying I
almost
never encounter it.

Should it get fixed? Sure. How urgent is it? The fact that you say that replication requires sale of 40 stacks suggests that it only affects those who trade in huge quantities of goods. I can't imagine that is a huge faction of the TP-using population. So maybe it's not the biggest TP-related issue right now.

Are there other TP issues related down and lag apart? Now I guess I am the Lucky one who never encountered them.

Though this one is not an issue but intended ( i just wanted to know the reason behind and now I am satisfied ).

@Shirlias.8104 said:

@Shirlias.8104 said:

I am
aware
of the situation. I'm saying I
almost
never encounter it.

The limit before this restriction kicks in is 16 or 18 stacks (or individual items), I usually encounter it, if I list more than 4k items of the same kind. About a year ago, the limit was 6 items in quick succession until they raised the limit.

With the current limit, I only encounter it once a week or so, even though i trade alot. So its not really an issue for me.

I think plenty of regular players encounter this limitation, when selling their loot from a half full or full inventory directly to buy orders because thats very quick- If I sell regular loot, I usually list them, which takes at least one more click, usually I also adjust the listing price I want to sell for, so its even more clicks and I need a couple fo seconds more per transaction than someone who sells directly to buy orders.

@Shirlias.8104 said:

@Daddicus.6128 said:Could you please explain your issue more? I can't figure out what you're asking about.

After you sell x items, whatever they are 1 or 250 per trade, you can't sell anymore.

You have to wait 10 or 15 sec per trade.I am not sure about how much time passes before you will be able to sell 1 more time.

So ie I have to sell 100 items i have to wait a high Amount of time bevuta this Block.

That doesn't happen to me. I've sold thousands of items within just a few seconds many times. Dozens or maybe hundreds of times. Maybe one second each, typically.

@Daddicus.6128 said:

@Shirlias.8104 said:

That doesn't happen to me. I've sold thousands of items within just a few seconds many times. Dozens or maybe hundreds of times. Maybe one second each, typically.

its not the amount of items listed thats the issue, its the amount of individual listing/sale transactions. So you wont have a problem selling 1 stack of mithril but if you try to sell/list the 250 ores individually one by one, you will get an error message after 16-18 listings and you have to wait a couple of seconds before being able to list another one.

@Wanze.8410 said:

@Daddicus.6128 said:

@Shirlias.8104 said:

its not the amount of items listed thats the issue, its the amount of individual listing/sale transactions. So you wont have a problem selling 1 stack of mithril but if you try to sell/list the 250 ores individually one by one, you will get an error message after 16-18 listings and you have to wait a couple of seconds before being able to list another one.

Ah, that could be. I don't think I've ever sold 4000 (16 stacks) in a short span. So, thanks, and I retract my statement.

• 4 months later...

This issue with the TP becomes incredibly annoying when you're trying to green and blues from 250 stacks of Bags of Gear from Silverwastes. I remember this issue from years ago and it's disappointing to see it is still an issue.

I suppose this is why PoF drops Pieces of Unidentified Gear which can be sold in stacks. It's good ArenaNet found a band-aid for this issue since they can't seem to fix it, but why have they only implemented it in PoF drops? Bags of Gear in Silverwastes should be replaced with Pieces of Gear (Or just make the kittening Bags of Gear sellable like the Pieces of Unidentified Gear)

The odd thing is I don't see this issue as often when selling green gear while going through all the champion bags from Silverwastes farming. Probably because it seems that the TP algorithm makes offers for that green gear less often, so you simply don't sell on the TP as much and don't slam against the limitation.

Archived