Would you accept a Warrior on your Raid team as DPS?

Oglaf.1074

Very useful for several raid bosses. A good warrior can manage orbs in gor, take care of turrets in sab, and deals with shards in xera, and can be used on VG if you do green tactics and deimos when doing ranged tactic.

Usefulness goes down for the rest, but that is how raid work. Different bosses has different mechanics. The AOE range of Condi Berserker DPS makes it useful in fight that require long ranged DPS, is ok but not perfect for fights with a lot of CC, but is less then perfect for fights with none of that such as Cairn, MO, and KC. Cairn and MO is however two very easy bosses, so really, the only fight which a condi Berserker DPS is unwanted for is KC.

@SkyShroud.2865 said:Do you accept a DPS that do the same damage as warrior on dps meter? If yes, then, why not?

Yes, they are called necromancers and are useful for orbs in gor, slubs for sloth, shards for xera, and Jade Scouts for MO. They are technically a DPS role, but looking at boss damage it is a mix between support and DPS.

For MO specifically, a necromancer will trivialize the raid mechanic while at the same time make decent boss DPS. Looking at raidar, they are top tier in cleave damage: https://www.gw2raidar.com/global_stats/4/area-17172

Condi DPS Berserker does practically the same DPS as other DPS except Weaver and Mirage. And once Mirage is bug-fixed, both Mirage specs will fall in line as well. Condi DPS Berserker also brings: (1) Breakbar Damage with Headbutt and Wild Blow if needed; (2) Ranged cleave for adds; and (3) Fire fields for extra might generation and more burning.

https://qtfy.eu/guildwars/benchmarks-11-07-17/

Dps condi berserker is well within range of most top tier builds and provides a huge amount of utility in form of wild blow and headbutt which in turn allows the raid to take along dps in form of say staff weaver or condi weaver which provide very low cc. It's also a quite simple rotation which provides excellent cleave and area damage and an additional FGJ if there is need for more fury.

Not sure why people would not actively take condi dps berserker along. It's a very solid build and class. The only boss it might be lacking on is KC but even here it's well above the value one needs per class to kill KC without issues.

@Cyninja.2954 said:https://qtfy.eu/guildwars/benchmarks-11-07-17/

Dps condi berserker is well within range of most top tier builds and provides a huge amount of utility in form of wild blow and headbutt which in turn allows the raid to take along dps in form of say staff weaver or condi weaver which provide very low cc. It's also a quite simple rotation which provides excellent cleave and area damage and an additional FGJ if there is need for more fury.

Not sure why people would not actively take condi dps berserker along. It's a very solid build and class. The only boss it might be lacking on is KC but even here it's well above the value one needs per class to kill KC without issues.

Even then unless you’re going for a speed or low man clear non of it matters as the group dps should more than annihilate KC on burn phases.

@ArthurDent.9538 said:Why does this poll even exist and why on earth did anyone vote no?

Apparently, polls are the new QQ ... if you get enough of your friends to press what you want, you have a reason to say Anet isn't listening to players when they don't change things you want changed.

Sorry OP, Warrior is not in the destitute position you want to paint them in. This class IS the definite highly capable and frankly, rather easy class to play for high end PVE for this game.

@Oglaf.1074 said:Again, my motivation is plain for anyone to read in the friggin' opening post.

Stop derailing the thread.

It's not derailing, it's adding context to the post. Someone asked a question in regards to the purpose of the thread. Even then it was a rhetorical question. On top of that, I added that Warrior DPS is competitive but not exactly niche. In your own words "I suggest you read it"

Then again, the Yes/no poll is too black and white. As in saying Yes would mean that I would accept a warrior DPS on every raid encounter while No means I would not take a DPS Warrior. Is warrior viable? Sure, anything is viable. But, I can't think of a time where I would want warrior as one of my DPS classes. Every other class has better builds that would outperform a DPS warrior

@savacli.8172 said:

@Oglaf.1074 said:Again, my motivation is plain for anyone to read in the friggin' opening post.

Stop derailing the thread.

It's not derailing, it's adding context to the post. Someone asked a question in regards to the purpose of the thread. Even then it was a rhetorical question. On top of that, I added that Warrior DPS is competitive but not exactly niche. In your own words "I suggest you read it"

Then again, the Yes/no poll is too black and white. As in saying Yes would mean that I would accept a warrior DPS on every raid encounter while No means I would not take a DPS Warrior. Is warrior viable? Sure, anything is viable. But, I can't think of a time where I would want warrior as one of my DPS classes. Every other class has better builds that would outperform a DPS warrior

Well maybe not "every" other professions. Warrior dps potential is not bottom of the barrel. The necromancer for example is still behind in regard of potential dps on a single target, yet he is also ahead if you need cleave. What a warrior provide as a dps is mainly all the extra hard CC he got on top of it's dps which make it an asset for a group. Beside, if you really need to, a warrior is still more than capable to provide 25 might, swiftness and fury with 100% uptime for up to 5 players. Phallanx strength was the laziest tool of the warrior.

@Draco.9480 said:it's out classed by power builds at VG, Sloth, KC, Xera, Samarog. ya should have another class like holo, dh, weaver as power so ya can switch and still be efficient. if ya just camp that class ya won't be efficient. being flexable is important.

Strange answer. For those fights, assuming your assessment is true, you'd switch from any other DPS class as well. The question was, in general, can Berserker be used as a DPS class. The answer is yes. Even for the fights you listed, Berserker is good for Red Guardian on VG, breaker for Samarog, etc.

@Draco.9480 said:it's out classed by power builds at VG, Sloth, KC, Xera, Samarog. ya should have another class like holo, dh, weaver as power so ya can switch and still be efficient. if ya just camp that class ya won't be efficient. being flexable is important.

What?

For VG, Sloth, Xera and Samarog condi damage warrior is near ideal thanks to his easy access to tons of cc, great longrange cleave and ease of use.

Have fun killing red VG on a power build.

How much raid experience do you even have?

Archived