[Video] Power Mirage PvP Montage - Adventures

dubidubidubidu.5308

Hi back with a new vid, maybe the last this year but for that its a bit longer ;) Again power Mirage ranked pvp, placement + plat t3 gameplay.

I was asked to add some more rotations into my pvp montages and that eats a lot of time in a vid. Few matches are not cut that much, so you can see also rotas and not only fights. I tried to explain here and there but explaining everything in text would be too much, so i hope it can still help maybe. Pls also keep in mind, that some rotas are done in terms of carrying a match or just because i can and not because thats the job a power mes is meant for. You have to decide by your own, how many risk you will and can take. The most important thing is to stay alive at least when taking a risk, so when you see you were too cocky or selfconfident or you simply failed, than leave before you die and dont get stuck in your own mistakes.

Another reason for the length of the vid is the music. I made a nice epic rock playlist and wanted to use/share it as a whole.

Next vid will be shorter again i promise! So sry for the ppl who hate long vids, but i hope at least the music makes it worth watching all.

I also know that my editing is not as epic as the music deserves it but yea... cannot change what i cant ;) Anyway enjoy!

Link:

One question: I know that even with the incredible amount of mobility, Portal is probably the best choice. But I've had a fair success with Arcane Thievery instead of port.

Reason is that it's soo multifunctional in the current meta.Boon steals: especially high stacks of might on holos, wars. a well timed rip against a firebrand does wonders as well. used to be even better against spellbreaker but after the nerf, it's not really that necessary. not to mention its range is 1200 and unblockable.Sending condis: great panic solution against condi mirages, scourges.

Basically these are the classes you encounter the most in this meta and this skill helps a lot in these situations. What do you think? I'm T2 plat atm with a very similar build to yours.

@"messiah.1908" : i just made a Mirage gameplay guide with combos i also show in slow motion and about rotations you could watch my pvp guide (esp part 2.1-2.3, mostly part 2.3,

).

When there is still something missing for you than i need more detailed informations from you. for example is there a specific combo you want to know more about and i forgot to show in a vid of mine?

@everyone: if you have any wishes of a topic you would like to have a guide about (ofc only mesmer, pvp/wvw specific or General game mechanics) just tell me, im running out of ideas for guides so every idea from you is welcome!

@rank eleven monk.9502 when you use a similar build to mine than you use the trait that shatters remove boons right? i mean, i see your point for sure, its faster to remove boons that way instead to generate 2 clones and shatter in melee to remove 3 boons and you also can remove condis with it. but in the end every mesmer with portal and at least a semi good use of it would outperform you hard. yes you can remove 3 more boons than my build can do every 25 secs but that will not compensate the reward of a portal. never ever run without portal in pvp, also in uncoordinated teams where your teammates dont know how to use it. you alone can already change and win matches with it. and in higher divs when you have decent ppl in team (maybe muha), they even start to play with it, what makes it even better.when arc thievery fits your playstyle and you feel like get a good use out of it, why not replace dazemantra for it? you will still have enough skills to interrupt targets also without it. ofc you lose the only instant and maxrange cc, but that is a trade off that is okish.

I do use that trait, however it never seemed enough, though after playing around a bit I found that the condi bombs are the greatest problems and not boons, that's why I did not want to drop Arcane Thievery.However, I changed to dual cleansing sigil now, and I'm a lot less wasteful of Jaunts for bursts, but keeping at least 2 for disengage all the time, and I'm having a lot more success with it. Obviously it means Portal is back on my bar.

I feel that the mantra is too good to drop as well, so Thievery had to go :)

• 3 weeks later...

@"Jazz.4639" said:hehe ye i have the habit to use jaunt more for mobility myself mostly in pvp (sometimes also condiremove), leads in me forgettting it to add into a burst combo quite often in wvw ;) and yes i think too, at least with my build, mantra and portal besides blink is simply the best choice.How did you find power mes the new balance patch? Once again, the lengthy conditions are causing some problems for me. If I get hit by one condi bomb it stays on me forever now (using cleansing sigils)

@rank eleven monk.9502 hi in the few games i made until patch i couldnt rly feel that much of a difference in the condithingy tbh, the best strategy is to not get hit by the bomb anyway. in general i think the nerf is far away from being enough (they didnt even touch condimirage wtf), they bufffed stuff not needed like fb support (rly? loool) or powernecro stuff. scourges even feel bit more tanky now (aside from the fb support). all in all its a bit like the same, when a team has a fb+necro or even 2 necro combo + warrior or bunkerdruid and you play on a small map like khylo for ex. than the team without that op combo will have a ver very hard time to win because you cant even outrotate the combo on small maps. it was like that already before patch, so sadly the patch didnt rly do anything from my perspective (only few games until now maybe im wrong tho).

Archived