Spoiler warning. About Talkhora

Adngel.9786

Finally, I have archieve to get my Griffon mount (Yayyy!! :D) And I also liked to discover that the soul that has been helping me was the dear Tahlkora. (Somehow, I suspected it, but the knowing that it was really her, It was a very proud moment. :+1:

However, talking with her and knowing her story and tortures that Joko made to her, makes me wonder, when did that happens? where was my GW1 hero? because I can´t imagine my loved Elementalist hero abandoning Talkhora and leaving Joko away like that. (The first time that he cut her tonge, ok, it was the first attack, but all what came after? how could the GW1 allow it? Why they didn´t helped Talkhora? D: )

I may have some misunderstood, I know that in GW1, the hero released Joko from his prison, and after that, Joko helps a bit, before to gets lost in his bone palace preparing his undead army, later, he launched the attack to Vabbi and diverted the Elon river. When did this happens?

I though it happened long time after the Nighfall events, so GW1 heroes were dead or too old to face the undead villain, however, now I find that Talkhora was alive by then. So, if Talkhora was alive, ¿wasn´t the GW1 heroes alive too?. Why they failed to stop Joko? Did they even fighted Joko? (Talkhora looks that she leaded a resistance, so are there any other?)

I´m happy to meet with Talkhora again (it´s a kind of odd but happy feeling XD) However, I´m also sad for her destiny, (although her bound with the griffons makes them something more special than just a mount :3 ) I feel like I would like help her more, but overall, I think that my GW1 hero would have tried to do much more to help her.

So that´s my reaction, a lot of joy of meeting her with some disturbing questions behind... XD

Theres scattered history lessons about Joko's conquest of Vabbi. Basically he starved Vabbi into submission by diverting the Elon river, cutting off both Vabbi and Koruna from the one resource that makes life in the desert possible. This weakened the Sunspears already limited strength following Nightfall, with some eventually turning to become members of the Mordant Crescent. Remember that the Sunspears were nearly crushed in their initial assault of Kourna during the Nightfall campaign, much in the same way the Pact was decimated in the Maguuma invasion during Heart of Thorns.

Much of the lore beyond Eye of the North is political in nature. Heros fell out of favor, as nations rose to power... and those that remained weren't nearly as organized, lost faith and turned inward, or held as long as they could before eventually falling. For every threat stopped in the world, 2 more took its place. But the greatest irony is how the world believed it no longer needed heros.... and its in this complacency that nations fall victim to their own Hubris. From there its only a matter of time before it either falls to an outside force, or rots from within. And it is there "evils" of the world can always sit and wait, biding their time for an opportunity to strike. It was years before Joko regained his military strength.... 60 before he attacked. And he was smarter this time; succeeding without a single direct confrontation.

Hmm the GW1 characters should be in the late teens/early twenties(since we had started with no skill and there was the thing at the academy) at the start and GW1 takes place over the course of 10 years. Palawa Joko does his thing within 60 years of being released. That gives you an age range of when stuff could have happened.

Ok, I'm checking the timelines in the wiki:GW1 https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/TimelineGW2 https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Timeline

In the case for example of Mhenlo

• 1067 AE Mhenlo is the last Tyrian to graduate from Shing Jea Monastery. (So he´s 18 years old?)
  • 1070 Present day in pre-Searing. (21 years old)
  • 1072 Present day in Guild Wars Prophecies. Present day in Guild Wars Factions. (23 years old)
  • 1075 Present day in Guild Wars Nightfall. Palawa Joko freed from his prison. (25 years old)
  • 1078 Present day in Guild Wars Eye of the North. (28 years old)
  • 1079 Present day during the War in Kryta and Hearts of the North events (29 years old)
  • 1080 Present day during the later Winds of Change events. (30 years old)
  • 1120 Primordus, the Elder Fire Dragon, awakens and forces remaining subterranean races to the surface. (70 years old)
  • 1135 Palawa Joko divert the water into the Crystal Desert. Vabbi and Kourna were plunged into famine and soon fell to the undead warlord. (85 years old)
  • 1175 Elona falls to Palawa Joko. The Order of the Sunspears are wiped out. (125 years old, he must already be dead)

I presume that Talkhora was younger (she looked 18-20 in the Nightfall events to me) so:

• 1075 Talkhora was around 18-20 years old?
  • 1120 Talkhora was around 63-65 years old?
  • 1135 Talkhora was around 78-80 years old?
  • 1175 Talkhora was around 121-123 years old? (alive in post morten)

Ains Joko, tearing the tongue and eyes to a little granny...Ok, so the GW1 hero was efectively dead or too old to fight back. I vote for dead, maybe his death is what moved Joko to go on with his plan. I think it would have been sad that he were still alive to see the Joko´s betrayal, knowing that it was because he released him and can´t do anything. D:

The ultimate fate of the Hero is not known although it is assumed that, like all mortals, the Hero eventually died and passed into the Mists. Even though knowledge of the Hero would become obscure to most modern day Tyrians, the legacy of the brave deeds would live on as the Hero had saved Tyria on multiple occasions

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hero_(NPC)

There is not much known of the hero that is presumed to have defeated Khilbron, Shiro, Abaddon and the great destroyer. Personally I don't believe this was just a single hero. It happened in a very short time frame, almost all at once, while it was also very far apart.

Or in other words. What you are doing is role playing. From that perspective the lore gives us two things.1: You are not the hero we know from GW1, but someone else.2: 500 years has passed and most knowledge of the hero has become obscure

Archived