Why isn't Chaos Armor an Aura?

Kyban.4031

It seems odd and inconsistent that Chaos Armor isn't technically an Aura. I can't think of anything that would be particularly broken if it were made to be one and some effects already treat it as an aura, Rune of Radiance for example. However, comboing Chaos Armor on an auramancer doesn't share it or provide heals. It seems like it would be a pretty easy fix to flag them as actual auras too and while I'm on the subject, making them stackable might not be a bad idea. Any thoughts? Can anyone think of a situation where this would be super broken?

@Kyban.4031 said:It seems like it would be a pretty easy fix to flag them as actual auras too and while I'm on the subject, making them stackable might not be a bad idea. Any thoughts? Can anyone think of a situation where this would be super broken?

I guess duration stacking would be pushing it.

Staff #4, ethereal field + staff #2, 3x jaunt and maybe some more leap finishers can be found... ah, torch #4 blast finisher into the fields might provide some serious uptime for chaos armor. :) Or any combinations of skills into appropriate fields. ~20 sec magnetic aura for example. Sure you can time that already, but you always need a new combo field after 5 seconds and cannot "pre-stack" it.

@OriOri.8724 said:Chaos armor is an aura, but I don't know why its not being affected by some traits on auramancer

I'm not sure that's the case, on the wiki it's listed on the Aura page but it's listed as Effect Type: Effect while the others are listed as Effect Type: Aura.

@Kiza.5630 said:I guess duration stacking would be pushing it.

Staff #4, ethereal field + staff #2, 3x jaunt and maybe some more leap finishers can be found... ah, torch #4 blast finisher into the fields might provide some serious uptime for chaos armor. :) Or any combinations of skills into appropriate fields. ~20 sec magnetic aura for example. Sure you can time that already, but you always need a new combo field after 5 seconds and cannot "pre-stack" it.

I guess it would be pretty painful to fight a ele with 20 seconds of magnetic aura on a projectile based class (not that they don't do that already by spacing it out). It wouldn't really be that bad in PvE though (auras need a little love there :P some more offensive buff potential could really help make auramancer more useful in raids).

Wow i never thought about it. So your auras provide speed, fury, regen or protection, vigor, regen PLUS more boons from chaos armor omg that's cool! That's crazy! We have nature spirits boons from druid and auramancer with aura effects+boons and it could cast chaos armor on allies to give them even more boons! I wanna test it, probably will make a video. I will reply here.edit: True. I can share chaos armor with ally, but CA is not affected by Invigorating Torrents passive. I'll creat topic in bugs.

@OriOri.8724 said:Auras are un-removable effects that do not stack in duration, and apply effects when you are struck, and some have a passive effect.

Chaos armor is an un-removable effect that does not stack in duration and applies effects when you are struck.

Its an aura.

Yeah, that's what I'm trying to say, it walks like an aura and quacks like an aura but the game doesn't treat it as one (only some effects treat it as an aura while others do not). It just seems inconsistent, so I'm wondering why it wasn't flagged as an aura.

• 11 months later...

Archived