Tomes for karma?

@Shirlias.8104 said:Pve players lvl by playing.

Spvp players do it with tomes, and wvw players have tomes as an extra for lvling ( since the exp is not Constant and you could be farmed ).

So pvpers are not "playing"? I'm just asking for alternative method for those that went through leveling plenty of times. I think by paying with karma is a good method since new players don't have karma or very little and could maybe afford one tome per 20 levels.I would understand your point if PvPers stopped receiving tomes after hitting level 80, but they don't, so they have bank full of tomes and can level character anytime, while PvE player can put 1000 hours in his lvl 80 character and still doesn't get any tomes.

Spvp players do it with tomes, and wvw players have tomes as an extra for lvling ( since the exp is not Constant and you could be farmed ).

I'm mostly a PvE player, and my last 3 or so characters I leveled straight up with tomes since I had enough for all 3 of them. Got a lot from when i was spending time in WvW, and daily log in rewards over time. Currently sitting on 2 stacks plus over 100 more, but have no desire to make any new characters unless we either get another playable race, or a new profession. In which case I'll probably have a couple bank tabs full of tomes by the time that happens. Currently, I have 1 character of each profession (9 total).

I haven't done WvW since earlier this year during super adventure box for the reward track.

@Charrbeque.8729 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:Or tomes for unbound magic? (Little bits)

Unbound magic gathering tools in the gem shop. Try again.

I already have the tools. But the fact you said ‘try again’ just goes to show you have zero intention of actually being part of this conversation. Other than just complaining i dont see you making any suggestions

@Charrbeque.8729 said:

I'm mostly a PvE player, and my last 3 or so characters I leveled straight up with tomes since I had enough for all 3 of them. Got a lot from when i was spending time in WvW, and daily log in rewards over time. Currently sitting on 2 stacks plus over 100 more, but have no desire to make any new characters unless we either get another playable race, or a new profession. In which case I'll probably have a couple bank tabs full of tomes by the time that happens. Currently, I have 1 character of each profession (9 total).

I haven't done WvW since earlier this year during super adventure box for the reward track.

I am not sure what should I answer to your statement.

Btw i didn't conaider it at first, but the point that TS made with his second post could be a good one, because it's true that through spvp and wvw you can lvl alts without directly playing them ( but you can't do the same with pve ).

I am not sure about the trade karma > tomes, but thinking about the fact that it's the only modality where you can't boost alts with your main could lead the discussion somewhere.

If we were to trade in tomes of knowledge, it should be for something that is hard to get in the game.

Karma is easy to get. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Karma

Food and utility items, boosters from black lion chests and gem shop. Karmic Retribution purchased from unbound magic vendors in 3 of the LW3 maps (you get drops of liquid karma that you consume from enemies in those maps).

And a lot of PoF heart vendors will exchange consumable items that give a tiny bit of karma in exchange for certain items you pick up in the area near the heart vendor (these are limited to 5 per day for each type of consumable item from each heart vendor). Not really worth the trouble though. You'd have to complete the hearts along with gathering the items to trade in. They seem to range between 100 and 300 karma each consumable.

What is something hard to get that we could trade unwanted tomes of knowledge for? Mystic coins. There are limited ways to get them, as it's not something we can farm to get as many as we want.

Maybe 1 mystic coin per 25 tomes should do it (10 coins per stack of tomes).

Archived