Any profession with a really good greatsword build?

Tyaen.5148

I picked up a Dusk from the mystic toilet, but I'm thinking about selling it. I went through Metabattle looking for greatsword builds, but nothing really stuck out as great.

I main engi, so that's out. I also have fully unlocked (HoT and PoF specs) Ranger, Thief, Guardian, and HoT only Mesmer and Necro. Obviously I could unlock Scourge and Mirage pretty quickly if there was a reason to, but I kind of hate light armor classes and specifically Necro.

Any thoughts?

@Tyaen.5148 said:

@Klowdy.3126 said:If you aren't looking for meta, GS works with anynclass that can use it. If you are, then look at metabattle.com.

Thank you for not reading.

The answers people are giving you are based around metabattle, or they are telling you what they like to play personally. I did read, and the best advice is metabattle, or make your own build. If it isn't on metabattle, it wouldn't be a really great build, it would be a personal build people like to play.

All of the other answers were either specs that other people find fun, or builds people are basing on metabattle. If there is a "profession with a really good greatsword build", it will be found on metabattle. Did you expect someone had a gamebreaming build that no one had ever put on metabattle? If nothing jumped out at you there, nothing will.

If it isn't on metabattle, it is worth as much as anyone's personal, made up build. You got one response giving a few classes based on game mode, coming from metabattle, another that mentions warrior, which is more than likely referring to metabattle, another one that mentions the classes they like to play, and finally, a few more narrowed (after getting more info from you) classes, based on popular builds found on metabattle.

Try really checking out the classes and builds before you start to tear people down about sound info. I wanted to help out, but if you refuse the advice that I, and inadvertently everyone else, is giving, then gl on your own. Maybe actually look at the builds before you write them off.

@Klowdy.3126 said:All of the other answers were either specs that other people find fun, or builds people are basing on metabattle. If there is a "profession with a really good greatsword build", it will be found on metabattle. Did you expect someone had a gamebreaming build that no one had ever put on metabattle? If nothing jumped out at you there, nothing will.

If it isn't on metabattle, it is worth as much as anyone's personal, made up build. You got one response giving a few classes based on game mode, coming from metabattle, another that mentions warrior, which is more than likely referring to metabattle, another one that mentions the classes they like to play, and finally, a few more narrowed (after getting more info from you) classes, based on popular builds found on metabattle.

Try really checking out the classes and builds before you start to tear people down about sound info. I wanted to help out, but if you refuse the advice that I, and inadvertently everyone else, is giving, then gl on your own. Maybe actually look at the builds before you write them off.

Is your whole argumentation an add for metabattle? If so, I'm sorry and I'll shatter your dream. If I look at the thread, I'm the only one who gave some clues about builds and I never ever ever looked at metabattle. When I build I do not look at what other try or whatever, I build so that it "feel" good on use and cover most of the weakness based on the gamemode. And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who act like this instead of jumping out of the blue on an internet site to have the best spec tested by the best players.

There would be no build on metabattle if players weren't first trying by themself to find the best combinations of traits. And, honestly, the fact that there might be all kind of build on a site specialized on showing a bunch of builds for a game seem a bit obvious.

Keep in mind that metabattle is not the absolute that you feel it is and other players are perfectly fine playing and finding build that suit them without using this site. There is no progress possible when player all copy each other like sheeps based on a single site.

Now on topic, I state my impressions based on the professions the op said he unlocked and GS. So again, nothing in this ever involved metabattle.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@Klowdy.3126 said:All of the other answers were either specs that other people find fun, or builds people are basing on metabattle. If there is a "profession with a really good greatsword build", it will be found on metabattle. Did you expect someone had a gamebreaming build that no one had ever put on metabattle? If nothing jumped out at you there, nothing will.

Is your whole argumentation an add for metabattle? If so, I'm sorry and I'll shatter your dream. If I look at the thread, I'm the only one who gave some clues about builds and I never ever ever looked at metabattle. When I build I do not look at what other try or whatever, I build so that it "feel" good on use and cover most of the weakness based on the gamemode. And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who act like this instead of jumping out of the blue on an internet site to have
the
best spec tested by
the
best players.

There would be no build on metabattle if players weren't first trying by themself to find the best combinations of traits. And, honestly, the fact that there might be all kind of build on a site specialized on showing a bunch of builds for a game seem a bit obvious.

Keep in mind that metabattle is not the absolute that you feel it is and other players are perfectly fine playing and finding build that suit them without using this site. There is no progress possible when player all copy each other like sheeps based on a single site.

Now on topic, I state my impressions based on the professions the op said he unlocked and GS. So again, nothing in this ever involved metabattle.

He also asked for a really good class that uses GS. So he is either getting a build that others enjoy, but would get you kicked from groups that care about builds, or he is going to choose one that the community has deemed to be (one of) the best.

Where would one go about finding all these great WvW builds the best of the best have made? I'm not sure why I'm being attacked for helping. I gave advice on how to really find a build, not just get opinions on what people like to play, and I'm the one that gets the third degree. The closest thing to giving a build was someone saying soulbeast and DH.

I like GS on guardian/DH, reaper, and warrior. I really hope this helps you figure out a build, since that's all you seem to want. No sarcasm at all.

Archived