Can not use guild chat

daynay.1089

HI all!I know this was an issue a few years back, but I can not for the life of me seen where a fix was ever done? I have been away a long time. Yes, all the boxes for the guild is checked and it shows I am online. I can use all other chat options (map, say,party etc etc), but guild chat is not working. Any and all help is appreciated : )

Hey there,

This an issue I've not heard of before - so I'll try to help you a bit.1) Are you repping a guild?

• This is important because if you're typing /g and not currently representing a guild, it won't default a chat.To talk in a guild that you don't represent, you need to type /g# so for example if your guild occupies slot #4 in the G tab, you need to type /g4.

2) Sometimes the servers do lag and chat messages get delayed, but I have only seen this in Whispers, not in guild chat.

If this doesn't describe your situation, you should make a support ticket :)

The issue of being unable to communicate at all in guild chat, has persisted for myself in the past. They would usually subside after a relog (Launcher) or a small amount of time had passed. Along with this, I used to get an error message saying "Cannot connect to guild servers" quite frequently, no matter what activity I was up to.However, I am not entirely sure if these issues correlate with one another directly. It could be an underlying issue with server delays.
Contact support if the problem persists. All in all, best of luck.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
On 12/9/2018 at 7:25 AM, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Do make sure you have ticked the boxes in the drop-down menu accessed by the little arrow next to Guild Chat.

Good luck.

This is exactly what it was for me. Not the initial drop-down box in the tab options, but the little down arrow to the left of the guild tab will extend another tab for u to select desired guilds to include. Thank you very much!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Vulgarity.4580 said:

This is exactly what it was for me. Not the initial drop-down box in the tab options, but the little down arrow to the left of the guild tab will extend another tab for u to select desired guilds to include. Thank you very much!

And this is why everyone are against OP that want to delete their threads all the time.

Well done useing the search feature @kharmin.7683 will be proud.