Ascended Armor Collections

Cyrin.1035

I really like the specialization and other ascended item collections where it's more of a scavenger hunt and open-world PvE task list, and not just a grind to get a ton of gold for pieces to craft or stuck behind raids and fractals. Is there any chance we might get open-world PvE ascended collections for all armor-types in the future?

@Cyrin.1035 said:I really like the specialization and other ascended item collections where it's more of a scavenger hunt and open-world PvE task list, and not just a grind to get a ton of gold for pieces to craft or stuck behind raids and fractals. Is there any chance we might get open-world PvE ascended collections for all armor-types in the future?

I can't imagine that it would. Setting up collections takes a lot longer than making things available via drops and only some people prefer to do it that way. Game rewards work best when there are a variety of systems used, something for everyone. Further, some rewards will always be gated by particular content, as a reward for those who like that sort of thing, as a mild incentive for those who might not have tried it.

There a touch of irony that many collections involving gear also involve crafting..... the only value would be the thematic or a unique skin, in which case it would be more expensive then crafting alone..... but more then likely it'll just cost you slightly less then crafting, but feel the full force of all the time gates. Its exactly what happened to Asc armor in WvW, PvP and Fractals.

Archived