HELP! How do I play Sanctum Sprint!?

I want to play Sanctum Sprint with my friend. He got in game and I've been waiting to play it with him but idk how to take him. I dont want to do this stupid rotation crap wait till Friday to play. I want to play it now and I dont know where to go to play it with friend. There has to be a way to play the minigames you want, when you want, with friends. We dont need/want the achievements, just wanna play the game itself for fun. =( Please help!

Unless something has changed and I never found out about it, there is no way short of pure luck that you can get into the same game with your friend to play together. They designed it to be one of those complete random matchmaking things from the get go. And the only place I know of to even play it is the activities person in LA, and there is no method for picking that one activity.

Sorry to disappoint.

Why!? WHY!? I don't want to wait Friday to play this... I may not be able to get my friend on GW2 this Friday. What ever happened to choosing what we want to play and when? It's a minigame that my friend and I want to play for fun! Please let us CHOOSE What we want to Play! This isn't a Dynamic event... This is a Minigame for god sakes! I hate myself for not playing it a few hours earlier... =( This sucks.

@DreamyAbaddon.3265 said:Why!? WHY!? I don't want to wait Friday to play this... I may not be able to get my friend on GW2 this Friday. What ever happened to choosing what we want to play and when? It's a minigame that my friend and I want to play for fun! Please let us CHOOSE What we want to Play! This isn't a Dynamic event... This is a Minigame for god sakes! I hate myself for not playing it a few hours earlier... =( This sucks.

Wait, you mean Sprint is not even up yet?Because if that's what you mean then yeah... even then you still have a chance of maybe never playing with your friend as it randomly sets you up with whatever.I've never got to do an activity with a friend before because of this.

Don't shoot at me, but my opinion is that, for this specific activity, it is probably better that people cannot team up with "friends" to go into Sanctum Sprint.

Reason for my thinking: Already as is, there are regularly trolls who do not enter to play it, but to spoil it for others (it is easy to do so). If at the top of it, such trolls could team up with friends to enter there... The whole running would probably become impossible. I may be wrong, but that's based on what I have seen regularly happening there.

@Butch.4957 said:Every single time I have even bothered to look at the activities npc, it has always been sanctum sprint. Are we sure it is on a schedule? And no, as far as I am aware, I have not always on checked him/her on the same day each week.

Yes the daily activities are on a schedule. Here is the wiki article that shows the current schedule.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Activity

I think (if memory serves) players weren't playing activities regularly enough for them to be constantly active, so they put them on a rotation to try and funnel players into 1 activity at a time and lessen the number of dead games out there (which was a lot).

I think the only way round this, would be for them to make playing the ones you want, whenever you want, a Guild activity unlock. That would reduce the dead games to very few and mean Guilds could set up regular activity nights as well. However, given the large technical issues surrounding playing with friends (see Wintersday instance problem), I doubt it will ever happen

@Butch.4957 said:Every single time I have even bothered to look at the activities npc, it has always been sanctum sprint. Are we sure it is on a schedule? And no, as far as I am aware, I have not always on checked him/her on the same day each week.

Three of the four activities happen twice a week. But they're on a schedule; if you're always seeing the same thing, you're checking on the same day(s).

Archived