What if [Spoiler Name] isn't actually dead.

EMPI.4013

I was watching a review of the new living world trailer when someone pointed out that some of the things in the pof trailer never actually happened/or we never witnessed in game. Then I remember seeing Balthazar in his "godly armour or regalia" in the pof trailer. So what if Balthazar isn't actually dead, but in some miraculous way comes back later even more powerful. Kind of like the way cell did in DBZ lol.

@ErikTheTyrant.4527 said:I was watching a review of the new living world trailer when someone pointed out that some of the things in the pof trailer never actually happened/or we never witnessed in game. Then I remember seeing Balthazar in his "godly armour or regalia" in the pof trailer. So what if Balthazar isn't actually dead, but in some miraculous way comes back later even more powerful. Kind of like the way cell did in DBZ lol.

More like Buu.You get eaten by Kralk and then you see Balthazar in there and must fight him inside.The damage causes so much of an uproar inside Kralk that a hole bursts out of him damaging him badly but causes him to lose the energy he sucked from Balthazar helping the whole balance and whatever.

@Ashantara.8731 said:Of course Balthazar is dead. Everything else would be boring. Besides, we have tons of Awakened currently roaming core Tyria, so it is safe to assume that we will be occupied with fighting Palawa Joko, not Balthazar.

Well, personally I believe that powerful beings like gods can´t just die, parts of them remain intact, somewhere in the world.Probably without power but still alive.

We have to wait and see. When Abadon died, it was a very common theory that he wasn't really dead. I can't find the original interview Jeff Grubb gaven but this statement from Gaile Gray is pretty accurate as well:: https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Talk:Abaddon#Abbadon.27s_death.2F_The_End_of_Nightfall

What in my opinion happened at the end of nightfall, is that the container of his god-powers (his body) broke. The power was unleashed and absorbd by Kormir. Cause of the container being different, it was a new entity based on the same god-powers. Abaddon's god powers where knowledge and magic.

We saw the exact same thing with Balthazar. However his powers where those of war, fire and conflict. His powers seem to be absorbed by Kalkatorix and/or Aurene. If they both got a bit of everything is unknown. But they will use these god-powers different in a way the see fit. So the entity Balthazar seems to be truly gone, and if not, he is just an empty container without his original god-powers.

@mercury ranique.2170 said:We saw the exact same thing with Balthazar. However his powers where those of war, fire and conflict. His powers seem to be absorbed by Kalkatorix and/or Aurene. If they both got a bit of everything is unknown. But they will use these god-powers different in a way the see fit. So the entity Balthazar seems to be truly gone, and if not, he is just an empty container without his original god-powers.

Negative. Kormir told us that the Gods stripped Balthazar of his Godly powers so he didn't have the same powers he had as a God. He had the power of the Bloodstone and whatever he absorbed from Primordus... but when we fought Balthazar, despite him saying so, he wasn't a God.

@Chickenooble.5014 said:

@mercury ranique.2170 said:We saw the exact same thing with Balthazar. However his powers where those of war, fire and conflict. His powers seem to be absorbed by Kalkatorix and/or Aurene. If they both got a bit of everything is unknown. But they will use these god-powers different in a way the see fit. So the entity Balthazar seems to be truly gone, and if not, he is just an empty container without his original god-powers.

Negative. Kormir told us that the Gods stripped Balthazar of his Godly powers so he didn't have the same powers he had as a God. He had the power of the Bloodstone and whatever he absorbed from Primordus... but when we fought Balthazar, despite him saying so, he wasn't a God.I would say he was not quite as powerful as his old self but I would say Balthazar had to be near his original strength to try to take on Kralkatorrik. (Just a hunch)

@Tomahawk.7361 said:Even crazier quesiton. What if Abbadon is not really dead? You did see his minions re-materializing in the Library after Kormir leaves (griffon quest)

This theory has been going on as long as Nightfall. On numerous occasions Arenanet confirmed him to be dead, gone and never to be seen again (except in lore and statues). Directly after Nightfall we did fight against his minions in the domain of anguish. So his minions where not killed.

@ErikTheTyrant.4527 said:

@Chickenooble.5014 said:

Negative. Kormir told us that the Gods stripped Balthazar of his Godly powers so he didn't have the same powers he had as a God. He had the power of the Bloodstone and whatever he absorbed from Primordus... but when we fought Balthazar, despite him saying so, he wasn't a God.I would say he was not quite as powerful as his old self but I would say Balthazar had to be near his original strength to try to take on Kralkatorrik. (Just a hunch)The Commander isn't a God and has nowhere near the power of a God but was able to kill an Elder Dragon with an airship in one case and large numbers in another. Balthazar, I would argue, could take on an Elder Dragon without God powers because we've seen it happen a few times in the game already. Also, Balthazar wasn't the one fighting the Kralkatorik but was harnessing the power of Aurene and using her power against her Sire. Balthazar was strong but he wasn't a God, didn't have the powers of a God, and wasn't using all of his own power against Kralkatorik.

Also, let's not forget that plot device where Balthazar was searching for a Dragonblood Spear to use against Kralkatorik because Balthazar wasn't strong enough to kill him on his own -- and Balthazar knew that. Hence his usage of Aurene.

Also, in addition to my previous post, during Crystalline Memories we learn that Balthazar is harnessing power contained within Kralkatoriks branded crystals. The warbeast not only uses Aurene and Balthazar's power but is also channeling power from the environment it's in.

Balthazar is just a big nerd afterall -- not a God. And not a Nerd God like Kormir.

Archived