D/D Elementalist- The Art Of Fucking Up /w Commentary

Noble.2670

hey guys! so this video was basically a learning experience for me since it was my first time doing actual commentary, i actually run into quite alot of issues that i did not expect, but! we got there in the end and now i know the best way to go about it for future videos! but anyway, let me know if you actually like these types of videos or not!

Yeah those 1-shot builds must rlly be used by skillful players only xD ... so lame it's even sad.I bet the dev who approved this kind of thing to get into the game must have been on some heavy shrooms at that time.

Awesome play as usual but sadly a very very verrrrrrrryy poor balance with all those 1-shot builds around

• 2 weeks later...

@Sasajoe.1509 said:Yeah those 1-shot builds must rlly be used by skillful players only xD ... so lame it's even sad.I bet the dev who approved this kind of thing to get into the game must have been on some heavy shrooms at that time.

Awesome play as usual but sadly a very very verrrrrrrryy poor balance with all those 1-shot builds around

The reason of using this builds (fresh air, mesmer, radiant guard) is a reaction to all of this overhealed specs like druid, tempests and other stuff. If you cant kill them with sustained damage, the only way to go for is burst. Its insane against bad players and helpfull against cheesy metas. So i dont understand your point, its the other side of a medal.

The next thing is just, you cant trade in a 1v1 in melee against holos or warris, so what point for some classes to not flank and spank with high damage?

@Xibalbar.7459 said:The reason of using this builds (fresh air, mesmer, radiant guard) is a reaction to all of this overhealed specs like druid, tempests and other stuff. If you cant kill them with sustained damage, the only way to go for is burst. Its insane against bad players and helpfull against cheesy metas. So i dont understand your point, its the other side of a medal.

The next thing is just, you cant trade in a 1v1 in melee against holos or warris, so what point for some classes to not flank and spank with high damage?

You would be wrong. The reason they are used is because they are easy, high reward, low risk builds. Insanely broken damage while most of them still come with the great defense the classes offer. I mean, sure they will be an excuse for having them in the game but the number one reason they are used - Easy to play. Easy to play. Easy to play. Killing someone in under a second isnt skill based gameplay, it isnt winning because you were better, its spamming the hell out of everything you have and having the dreadful idea of balance to than k that such builds are viable. They shouldnt be but they are and they will continue to be because the game is quantity based rather than skill based.

This game would lose SO many players if the game actually started to become skill based rather than build based. Anet know that, that is why the balance is PURPOSEFULLY bad. They dont care about the balance of the game. They care about the quantity of players. Not the quality of player.

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

@Xibalbar.7459 said:The reason of using this builds (fresh air, mesmer, radiant guard) is a reaction to all of this overhealed specs like druid, tempests and other stuff. If you cant kill them with sustained damage, the only way to go for is burst. Its insane against bad players and helpfull against cheesy metas. So i dont understand your point, its the other side of a medal.

You would be wrong. The reason they are used is because they are easy, high reward, low risk builds. Insanely broken damage while most of them still come with the great defense the classes offer. I mean, sure they will be an excuse for having them in the game but the number one reason they are used - Easy to play. Easy to play. Easy to play. Killing someone in under a second isnt skill based gameplay, it isnt winning because you were better, its spamming the hell out of everything you have and having the dreadful idea of balance to than k that such builds are viable. They shouldnt be but they are and they will continue to be because the game is quantity based rather than skill based.

This game would lose SO many players if the game actually started to become skill based rather than build based. Anet know that, that is why the balance is PURPOSEFULLY bad. They dont care about the balance of the game. They care about the quantity of players. Not the quality of player.

Did you ever played something like fresh air or power mesmer? There is high risk, high reward. And also, its not easy to play because it lacks on sustain in all certain ways. I wont agree with you, its seem more like salt, instad of pointing out the different mechanics and builds compared to each other. Call me a solution in spvp to overcome the druids, the firebrands or scrouges if you try to sustaine them out on a damagespec. Same kind of problems you are facing in wvw also. You simply cant kill a thief or mesmer with average damage, it only tends to let them survive whole time, gives them the needed time to recover and reset.

I dont see why no hardburst builds should be there, you can counter them by playing smart. But of course, a magi druid with an pet, what kills a fresh air ele in spvp is okey. A firebrand in wvw whos imune to damage is okey? A chronomancer on dire is okey? Maybe you should play pvp, before you starts to complain about something you have no clue about!

@Xibalbar.7459 said:Did you ever played something like fresh air or power mesmer? There is high risk, high reward. And also, its not easy to play because it lacks on sustain in all certain ways. I wont agree with you, its seem more like salt, instad of pointing out the different mechanics and builds compared to each other. Call me a solution in spvp to overcome the druids, the firebrands or scrouges if you try to sustaine them out on a damagespec. Same kind of problems you are facing in wvw also. You simply cant kill a thief or mesmer with average damage, it only tends to let them survive whole time, gives them the needed time to recover and reset.

I dont see why no hardburst builds should be there, you can counter them by playing smart. But of course, a magi druid with an pet, what kills a fresh air ele in spvp is okey. A firebrand in wvw whos imune to damage is okey? A chronomancer on dire is okey? Maybe you should play pvp, before you starts to complain about something you have no clue about!

yes i have and they are not high risk. Not what so ever. You still have the defenses and the mobility needed to kite with ease, You still have the invuls and defense to counter someone elses damage. There are VERY few actual high risk builds in this game. Even less so with the forced bad balance. I remember back in the day playing Shatter Mesmer, you had to time everything just right, use everything just right. These days you dont need anything of that, its press everything you have as quick as you can because everything does silly damage and conditions so you use it the moment its off cool down. No thought about what to use and when to use it, if its off cool down. You use it.

The balance in this game is absolute trash, because Anet NEED it to be that. If this game got ACTUAL balance they would lose SO many players that simply play due to how easy some of the builds are these days and there are a LOT of them.

Not salt at all to point it out. The INSANELY broken power creep as made what USED to be High risk builds now low risk because of the sheer amount of damage that EVERY single ability has. You can easily miss your burst and still win. Why? Because it will be back up in a few seconds anyway and given how many of these classes have VERY good defense built into the classes they arent really true zerk anymore. With Invul skills, plenty of stealth and teleports. If you fail a burst., Stealth out. Pop one of your many invul/defense skills and wait for your burst to be ready again in a few seconds

I used to LOVE playing my shatter Mesmer. These days i just dont. I find it boring. The damage and defense is just too much and with the Power Creep it just makes things too easy. The only build that could be considered Zerk imo is Zerk Reaper. They are easy to counter, easy to kite, avoid the burst and everything, lack defense but if they get that burst off. Good bye, if they dont they are on the back foot and are instantly at the disadvantage. Take Shatter Mesmer these days. You sgtill have stealth, teleports, Blocks, Invuls all ready to use if your burst fails and it will be ready to try again very soon.

My view point is coming from a WvW player, from the start of pre-release and Beta. Bunker builds, Burst damage builds and bunker condi builds. They are ALL bad for the game. Bunker builds tend to rely on boon spamming (especially Might!) to be able to deal any damage and if you dont have Boon removal/corrupt you will have a hard time against the Boon spamming and defense. Burst damage builds that kill people before they can even get a chance to respond are just as bad, taking 30k+ damage inside the use of ONE ability is simply put broken, has been broken and will always be broken. Same goes for Bunker Condi builds that rely 100% on Conditions to do all the work. This is why i think that Diamond SKin was purposefully removed. It was EASY to counter by simply not being Bunker Condi. The problem with that was the player base has a BIG issue with adapting and changing when something is SO easy to play and faceroll with.

Archived