Tempest support PVE after patch

lagrimabendita.8763

Tempest has always been a viable support.

It offers a ton of healing and great condi cleanse.

It works great particularly on situations where condis are an issue, such as some fractals and in Matt.Group stun break and rebound are also very good.

Most groups will prefer a druid as it also covers the might stacks, spirits and has better burst heal, but tempest is definitely viable and even better on certain situations.

@katniss.6735 said:No one should play support in fractals. Maybe reflects for some trash mobs between bosses, but that's it.

You can play however you like, I personally am not entering another fractal party without the 3 meta supports. Unless it's just to kill some time with friends.

@katniss.6735 said:No one should play support in fractals. Maybe reflects for some trash mobs between bosses, but that's it.

Any t4s, and specially cms, are just so much of a bliss to do with a proper party comp.You don't need specifics, but heals, alacrity, cc, quickness and might/fury make everything so much better...

I have my ele with a healing set, and I won't do t4s or cms without a healer and an alacrity provider... I can heal, give might/fury or dps... but will not jump in a group without a chrono or ventari rev.

Tempest heal is my go to for unorganized pugs and it's very solid. It's also very relaxing to play.

If you pug T4s you can pretty much carry the whole grp, keeping them alive. I know the run is slower as under perfect conditions, but if you just dont care about elitism, alot of groups will start wispering you how cool the run was due to near invulnerable and how smooth it went. I got several tells on how this was the best frac experience players ever had, even though the run wasn't the fastest, but without any wipes. With a tempest healer ppl can relax in fracs and have fun.

Also in raids, on many bosses Tempest heals so are good, that they add a lot forgiveness to the fights. In starter to medium pugs ppl often know how to dps before the timer runs out (I know they aren't good at dps, but good enough for the timers), but die to mechanics.

Ppl often say that if you kill faster, there is less chance to make mistakes and that's true. But on the other hand, if you have a saver composition, there is more room for mistakes. Of course this is only valid for not so good random pugs, but if that's what you are into, then Tempest heal is cool.

Use it, use it good, save ppl from their mistakes, make tempest heal valid by using it and showing it off. Just don't suck at doing it :)

@Zunki.3916 said:Tempest heal is my go to for unorganized pugs and it's very solid. It's also very relaxing to play.

If you pug T4s you can pretty much carry the whole grp, keeping them alive. I know the run is slower as under perfect conditions, but if you just dont care about elitism, alot of groups will start wispering you how cool the run was due to near invulnerable and how smooth it went. I got several tells on how this was the best frac experience players ever had, even though the run wasn't the fastest, but without any wipes. With a tempest healer ppl can relax in fracs and have fun.

Also in raids, on many bosses Tempest heals so are good, that they add a lot forgiveness to the fights. In starter to medium pugs ppl often know how to dps before the timer runs out (I know they aren't good at dps, but good enough for the timers), but die to mechanics.

Ppl often say that if you kill faster, there is less chance to make mistakes and that's true. But on the other hand, if you have a saver composition, there is more room for mistakes. Of course this is only valid for not so good random pugs, but if that's what you are into, then Tempest heal is cool.

Use it, use it good, save ppl from their mistakes, make tempest heal valid by using it and showing it off. Just don't suck at doing it :)

My Experience exactly. Won't run anything else again.

@xDudisx.5914 said:Can someone post the link for said pve tempest healer build? Can it be done in full zerk but with healer traits/skills?

there are a couple of choices. and yes it can be done fairly well with berserker... but you will lose a lot of dmg either way because of different rotations.so just an example: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAoIn0XC9XiVYCcYilGAz9yuZHtEHhiQMQoAEA+gA-jlRBAB4pH4hTAgZKBB4BAc1+jyPKV/hUA+tMC-w

(fresh) air: 1-2-2or fire 1-x-1 instead of air for more personal damage but a lot less healing. healing comes in bursts rather than permanent.or earth 3-x-x if you want protection on each aura (i don't reccomend it. feels clunky and slow because of longer cd's on air/fire).

water: 1-3-2or 1-2-2 if you need extra condition cleanse on a regular basis (best done with water-air rotation and dagger/dagger -> water att. -> skill 5, 4, 2; while channeling go back to air (fresh air proc). massive (over)healing ... and an huge loss of dps)sidenote: water-air rotations offers 100% soothing mist uptime for an additional "regeneration" buff

tempest: 3-2-3 ... 3-3-3 if you feel like you dont need the boons but the stability+dmg multiplier

weapons:as you need their abilities.dagger mainhand for anything that requires stacking or melee.scepter mainhand for more might stacking (hard to do if you use fresh air and air overlaod due to the lightning field).offhand as the situation requires it: focus if projectiles are an issue (fire-air rotation). dagger for immense healing (water-air attunement rotation) and cleansing.

staff idk rly. ^^ never played support with staff unless a certain boss required/allowed bursting with meteor exceptional good.

rotation example for air, water (traits), tempest with fire-air rotation (attunements) if you dont want to change weapons pre fight (dagger/dagger):before the fight start in fire -> fire overload -> earth 4, 5 (or earth 4 -> water 3 when using focus) for might stacking.

start in air -> air 3 -> ( air 2, 5 depening on the situation... breakbar etc) -> 11111 until air overload ->when overload finishes go fire att. -> fire 3 (5 while casting) -> fire 2, while channeling go back to air and 1111 + 3 on cd until overload is rdy again. rinse and repeat.

@Aetatis.5418 said:

@xDudisx.5914 said:Can someone post the link for said pve tempest healer build? Can it be done in full zerk but with healer traits/skills?

there are a couple of choices. and yes it can be done fairly well with berserker... but you will lose a lot of dmg either way because of different rotations.so just an example:

(fresh) air: 1-2-2or fire 1-x-1 instead of air for more personal damage but a lot less healing. healing comes in bursts rather than permanent.or earth 3-x-x if you want protection on each aura (i don't reccomend it. feels clunky and slow because of longer cd's on air/fire).

water: 1-3-2or 1-2-2 if you need extra condition cleanse on a regular basis (best done with water-air rotation and dagger/dagger -> water att. -> skill 5, 4, 2; while channeling go back to air (fresh air proc). massive (over)healing ... and an huge loss of dps)sidenote: water-air rotations offers 100% soothing mist uptime for an additional "regeneration" buff

tempest: 3-2-3 ... 3-3-3 if you feel like you dont need the boons but the stability+dmg multiplier

weapons:as you need their abilities.dagger mainhand for anything that requires stacking or melee.scepter mainhand for more might stacking (hard to do if you use fresh air and air overlaod due to the lightning field).offhand as the situation requires it: focus if projectiles are an issue (fire-air rotation). dagger for immense healing (water-air rotation) and cleansing.

staff idk rly. ^^ never played support with staff unless a certain boss required/allowed bursting with meteor exceptional good.

rotation example for air, water, tempest with fire-air rotation if you dont want to change weapons pre fight (dagger/dagger):before the fight start in fire -> fire overload -> earth 4, 5 (or earth 4 -> water 3 when using focus) for might stacking.

start in air -> air 3 -> ( air 2, 5 depening on the situation... breakbar etc) -> 11111 until air overload ->when overload finishes go fire att. -> fire 3 (5 while casting) -> fire 2, while channeling go back to air and 1111 + 3 on cd until overload is rdy again. rinse and repeat.

Thanks. This air water tempest build looks fun to play. I have a fully geared zerk ele that I haven't played for months in pve. Gonna give this build a try with some pug runs.

i mainly use it in dungeons and fractals. my gear choice is a bit different too. i've got more healing and more health (since i am not that good at playing 11.6k health ele myself... i just dont see some onehit skills in very busy fights or lets say at the start of the ascalon fractal).sure i deal a lot less damage as i could, but i am trying to support with boons and sustain.maybe it is just the right amount of heal with zerkers... with just some healing power most heals vanish into almost full health bars.

but tbh in most cases it is more of a fun-aspect to play this build. like... druid does everything better (except raw healing numbers on paper) -> might, fury, regen, swiftness, frost spirit, spotter, sun spirit, glyph of empowerment.it just happens that i dont like to play druid anymore... so kitten it :D its not like i am looking for world record speed runs. just smooth, chilled runs with a bit room for 2-3 mistakes :)

I personally prefer to switch gear when trying to support. In full zerk it feels like I'm trying to do two things at once and don't do either very well. For support I use mostly Minstrel. It's all around good - makes me almost immortal, improves my heals significantly and adds a lot of boon duration for that -40% damage Protection I'm sharing.

@Feanor.2358 said:I personally prefer to switch gear when trying to support. In full zerk it feels like I'm trying to do two things at once and don't do either very well. For support I use mostly Minstrel. It's all around good - makes me almost immortal, improves my heals significantly and adds a lot of boon duration for that -40% damage Protection I'm sharing.

Its not -40% on other players only for your self. Weaver swiftness effect works the same way. I am not even sure how the game would be able to id the stronger protection over others or would they simply cover over as the last on.

I do not know much about pve support but i would love to see tempest dmg scale back and have anet add in more support on the tempest class that only effects other players and not the tempest it self.

Archived