Any good group dps Weaver builds that aren't complete squish?

matthirten.6475

I've been playing weaver and I have always loved staff elementalist and I love all the dual attack that were added for weaver. However, it seems like the only time I'm contributing to the group is when I'm playing a complete squish weaver that dies to literally any damage.

I was thinking condi might make sense since with condi you can decent survivability with decent DPS but idk how I'd build it. Any suggestions?

@matthirten.6475 said:I've been playing weaver and I have always loved staff elementalist and I love all the dual attack that were added for weaver. However, it seems like the only time I'm contributing to the group is when I'm playing a complete squish weaver that dies to literally any damage.

I was thinking condi might make sense since with condi you can decent survivability with decent DPS but idk how I'd build it. Any suggestions?

Weaver/tempest/ele has one of the higher potentials for condi clear. But you give up DPS.

Of course, if you believe this forum, weavers one potential for high damage, should be nerfed.

To compete with revs hammers you must be full glass on weaver out side of that you can do a cc ish type of weaver but tempest may do it better with more auras and over all more support effects.

Kind of crazy just how much a hevary armor class can do at a ranged with out being remotely as glassly as a mages class.

Just go celestial then? I think ele has always been the class to use that to its fullest. Sure you wont do berserker damage but at least you wont fall over dead when someone sneeze at you. The problem with condi eles is the same problem as with any other class that isnt necro - even if you can stack high, you got a limited amount of condis. This makes it weak against anything with condi clear.

In a zerg, the most efficient way you can contribute as a weaver is to play power staff due to reasons already mentioned above. A condi staff weaver is a lot less optimal due to lack of condition skills and conditions you can apply. If you want to force it, you'd at least need a couple of scourges to cover your only damaging conditions, burn and bleed, since they can be easily cleansed in a group of that size. Even then, you can't apply high stacks of bleed and burn on your own. Honestly speaking, a Celestial FB is miles better than what a full condi staff weaver can ever contribute. Or better yet, join the dark side and play scourge.

I'd suggest staying power staff Weaver and put in a lot more Marauder/Valkyrie pieces instead of going condi. A full Berserker weaver will die to a single CoR but a couple of Marauder/Valkyrie pieces will give you a little more breathing room.

Its hard to make good dps Weaver and also tanky. Once you start taking from dps potencial you loose all what weaver have...
I tried full zerk weaver ... nice dps... but most of the time you can make damage output coz you try to stay alive ... situation like pushing inside (tower, keeps, chokepoints) are really bad .... if you push in... hard to stay alive... if you stay out of push.... some leftover will focus on you (thief, holo, soulbeast, sb ) and you are dead :dizzy:So better to make some marauder atleast...
Cele ele now.. is not so bad... but also not so good... :/

If i play in group i prefer full marauder tempest over weaver...

try sword and dagger for roaming, staff for zerging. - then balance the armor to your ability to dodge. because sword and dagger offer nice recurring shields on dodge and casts, but the skill is in casting them in time at the right time, they don't last long.

also toughness does better for weaver than life - healing is easy with weaver, so is losing a ton of health to attacks since their armor is cloth, so you want to be able to minimize the damage with toughness, rather than struggle to get all your health back because you are losing life so fast....basically its easier to heal from 500 damage , than from 1k damage.

The sword and dagger build will show you that as well, it will give you a variety of combos that either allow you to heal fast, or damage fast with high toughness.........when you go for the toughness option, you last longer and kill more.

I'm running a Staff Weaver with the Lightning Rod Trait atm and I'm very satisfied with it, it's not exactly tanky but with good reaction time and proper positioning during the fights it is definitly possible to survive and deal lots of damage. You can swap out Twist of Fate for Armor of Earth against heavy CC when your group doesn't provide stab for you to cast Meteor Shower or something like that and you can switch the Soothing Disruption trait for Aquamancer's Training as a more offensive option.Oh and of course you can switch the rune for Scholar if you want more damage or for something else entirely, this is not a meta build it's a build that I enjoy playing, so feel free to change whatever you want in order to make it more enjoyable for you ;)I've tried switching the Superior sigil of Fire for the new Severance Sigil but I think Fire does more on average. Although sometimes Severance pretty much outperforms everything.I have to mention that this build struggles A LOT when under pressure - when left alone you can dish out a lot of damage while beeing disruptive with Static Field & Unsteady Ground and providing Healing Rain as well but as soon as the enemy group/team starts paying attention to you'll need a babysitter (You're the baby in that case).Overall Weaver is a two-sided sword - very strong when left alone but pretty much just a burden otherwise.

Oh and since you asked for a more tanky build, it doesn't hurt too much to go for a few more marauder pieces. I personally feel like 14k HP is enough to not get bursted down immedietly so you can still escape with Lightning Flash, Twist of Fate and/or Mist Form (NOTE: You still take Condi Damage in Mist Form! Very annoying considering the tooltip says it makes you invulnerable :P ).

Edit: Forgot to mention the Soothing Ice Trait, really good against pesky Daredevils and 1trickpony-builds since Frost Armor not only Chills enemies but also reduces incoming damage! I feel like I should mention that Chill is a huge problem for Weaver, a chilled Weaver is pretty much useless so if you play Weaver and get chilled a lot in Teamfights but not really pressured otherwise then it's a very good idea to swap Soothing Ice for Stop, Drop and Roll.

Offtopic:I feel kinda silly since I've been one of the many people complaining about Weaver, or more specificly Staff Weaver, in WvW and now here I am talking about how I play Staff Weaver in WvW now... So here's the thing: Weaver is fun, it's a fun concept, but all the issues I've been talking about in other threads remain, you can't react very fast and it's really easy to overwhealm a Weaver with small amounts of pressure. At this point a faster cast time on Staff Dual Skills would already be enough to make (Staff) Weaver great for WvW backline. (All Stances except Twist of Faith and for a selected few builds Primordial Stance are still garbage.)

Archived