A Mysterious Item Appeared in my Bank Today.

It's just a Pile of Salt and Pepper. Thing is, the only way to acquire that item is to craft it, and I have not had chef as an active discipline on any of my characters in well over a year or two. I am quite certain it was not there yesterday, and I find its sudden, inexplicable appearance to be nothing short of uncanny. If you lived alone and came home one day to a mysterious pile of spices on your desk that was absolutely not there when you left, I'd think you'd be rather concerned as well.

Is there some other method of acquisition not stated on the wiki such that I may have overlooked getting it recently, such as, oh I don't know, some obscure jumping puzzle rewards? Someone tell me before this accursed thing drives me insane.

@"Nox Lucis.8341" said:It's just a Pile of Salt and Pepper. Thing is, the only way to acquire that item is to craft it, and I have not had chef as an active discipline on any of my characters in well over a year or two. I am quite certain it was not there yesterday, and I find its sudden, inexplicable appearance to be nothing short of uncanny. If you lived alone and came home one day to a mysterious pile of spices on your desk that was absolutely not there when you left, I'd think you'd be rather concerned as well.

Is there some other method of acquisition not stated on the wiki such that I may have overlooked getting it recently, such as, oh I don't know, some obscure jumping puzzle rewards? Someone tell me before this accursed thing drives me insane.

It drops from the Rolan-Key chests of Troll's Revenge. (I believe just from two of them, but maybe from any of the four.)

There are a variety of intermediate chefs materials that can drop, but all are relatively new to drop tables and they drop in small numbers, so there's a good chance that the wiki hasn't gotten around to updating sources. I seem to remember getting them elsewhere, but I confess I don't recall where.

FYI you can store it in material storage now, so it takes up less room (plus: out of sight, out of mind; harder to drive you insane).

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Nox Lucis.8341" said:It's just a Pile of Salt and Pepper. Thing is, the only way to acquire that item is to craft it, and I have not had chef as an active discipline on any of my characters in well over a year or two. I am quite certain it was not there yesterday, and I find its sudden, inexplicable appearance to be nothing short of uncanny. If you lived alone and came home one day to a mysterious pile of spices on your desk that was absolutely not there when you left, I'd think you'd be rather concerned as well.

It drops from the
. (I believe just from two of them, but maybe from any of the four.)

There are a variety of intermediate chefs materials that can drop, but all are relatively new to drop tables and they drop in small numbers, so there's a good chance that the wiki hasn't gotten around to updating sources. I seem to remember getting them elsewhere, but I confess I don't recall where.

FYI you can store it in material storage now, so it takes up less room (plus: out of sight, out of mind; harder to drive you insane).

I was at Troll's Revenge not long ago. I must have gotten it from there and dumped it into my bank with everything else. And here I was feeling like I was going crazy. Someone should update the wiki on that. The acquisition methods, I mean. Not my fragile mental state.Thanks!

Archived