Black Friday Sale - When? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Black Friday Sale - When?

Despite having account for 5 years, I actually never played during Autumn before, so my question is - will there be Black Friday sale in gem shop? And when it starts/ends (assuming it is not just Friday itself).

What could go on sale, based on last year? I'm mostly interested in buying some gems and get few bank unlocks and char slots.

Comments

• I'm not sure there's ever been a Black Friday Gem Store sale. Something may, or may not, go on sale that day.
    There's these, though: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gem_Store#Special_sales

• For what it's worth, I'm holding off on buying 9th & 10th bag slots til mid-January, just in case there are either Black Friday or White Wintersday sales. I wish I would be more helpful with details :/

@Trendy.1694 said:
    Despite having account for 5 years, I actually never played during Autumn before, so my question is - will there be Black Friday sale in gem shop? And when it starts/ends (assuming it is not just Friday itself).

ANet hasn't been particularly consistent about when sales start|stop nor whether they have them.

What could go on sale, based on last year? I'm mostly interested in buying some gems and get few bank unlocks and char slots.

I've been following particular items on the gem shop for the same 5 years; I've yet to detect a pattern.

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

• StinVec.3621StinVec.3621 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ojimaru.8970 said:
    The sales schedule was posted on Guild Wars 2 Twitter:

Would anyone be willing to paste text of what this twitter says about the sales schedule for those that do not/will not/cannot visit that site please?
    Thank you very much if someone does.

WOW - Done with forums for good now! - Someone creates a thread about Pharus's light on crit effect asking if it is a bug - I get warned for being "off topic" for commenting how to use the search and pointing out threads discussing Pharus and it being an intended effect... Goodbye all. Happy gaming.

• Illconceived Was Na.9781Illconceived Was Na.9781 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 23, 2017
    • 21-27 November: Braham's, Magitech, Phoenix Armors (no discount)
    • 22-23: 40% off heroes dye pack
    • 23-24: Free heroic booster
    • 24: Free transmutation charges x5
    • 24-25: 20% storage expander [sic] (presumably they mean 20% discount on buying the material storage expander; no indication that the stack limit is increasing)
    • 25: Free BL Mini Claim Ticket
    • 25-26: 20% discount Crystalline Dragon Wings Backpack/Glider Combo

@StinVec.3621 you don't need an account to see the twitter feed.

There's also this image. (On twimg.com, rather than twitter.com, if that's any help.)

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

• Does anyone know the server time these will go on sale? I want to make sure I am online to make some purchases.

• Things change in the store at 9am Seattle time, which is noon EST.

• Mea.5491Mea.5491 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm so happy about the 5 free trans charges, lol. But still no Aetherblade armor skins. :( I would pay the full price for them!

• Can the wings be dyed?

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 23, 2017

@ChrisLew.5492 said:
    Can the wings be dyed?

Not as a backpack no, backpacks can't be dyed.

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Shirlias.8104Shirlias.8104 Member ✭✭✭✭

Buy the Magitech Armor guys!
    A memento for Scarlet.

• @ChrisLew.5492 said:
    Can the wings be dyed?

The Crystalline Dragon Wings glider cannot be dyed. Some gliders are dye-able and some aren't; if you look at the glider preview in your Hero panel, the ones that can be dyed are labeled as such when you click on their description.

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

@GraynX.8947 said:
    Does anyone know the server time these will go on sale? I want to make sure I am online to make some purchases.

As other people said they usually change at 9am Seattle time. But based on previous sales these offers will all stay up for at least 24 hours, so don't panic if you can't log in right when it's first offered, as long as you do it within a day of the offer starting you'll be able to get them.

"Hard knocks, bad luck, been knocked down,
    You got back up, rise up, shine on, keep on fighting, the war is almost done...But then I hear you're gone.
    I feel, when the lights go down, you are still here, all you hold dear remains.
    Your star never fades."

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.