Repeatable renown hearts

sweetrules.8359

Anet, while I understand having them for stuff like mount treats and other daily things, I really don't want anymore repeatable hearts. Like, I'm redoing world map completion on my firebrand and it's the most draining part of world map completion. And the fact that now you are now making every heart repeatable as you moved through LWS3 into PoF, it's getting tiring. If I need access to something, I'd like to unlock access and keep it, not lose it every day at reset. I like to wander from map to map doing whatever I feel, but if I decide to work on a couple achievements or something of the sort, and I suddenly have to painfully grind through a few hearts all over again just to do it, I just find tedious unnecessary grinding extremely draining. If the purpose is a timesink, I don't mind if you want a timesink somewhere, just please don't make it affect vendors of any sort if it's not event related. Im okay with map metas or large event chains that do it. I'm not okay with tedious renown hearts doing it.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:I find two heart annoying in Siren's Landing. The Lyssa one and Dwayna.

All the SL hearts can be completed by channeling
2-3 times.

Still for Lyssa and Dwayna.One have very little enemies to find at times and all those random teleporters doesn't help either.I've noticed that the riders don't bring up your heart at all as well.

Dwayna there's very little spiders to do that with and I reaaaaaaaaaaaaally hate underwater combat that seems to have hundreds of sharks but sometimes hard to kill even at range.

Unless that's not the skill I'm thinking of. Not sure what a "Grounding crystal" is.

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:I find two heart annoying in Siren's Landing. The Lyssa one and Dwayna.

All the SL hearts can be completed by channeling
2-3 times.

Still for Lyssa and Dwayna.One have very little enemies to find at times and all those random teleporters doesn't help either.I've noticed that the riders don't bring up your heart at all as well.

Dwayna there's very little spiders to do that with and I reaaaaaaaaaaaaally hate underwater combat that seems to have hundreds of sharks but sometimes hard to kill even at range.

Unless that's not the skill I'm thinking of. Not sure what a "Grounding crystal" is.

Kill a ley-line scavenger. Find a safe spot. Channel #4 and watch the "sprite" look for the grounding crystal (you don't even have to know what it is at first). Eventually, you'll find a couple of locations that allow you to manage every heart, even Lyssa & Dwayna, with 2-3 channels.

I love repeatable hearts as a continuous source of karma, and something to give a sense of progression on completed maps. But I do understand the frustration of having to repeat a heart in order to access the karma merchant.

I choose to look at it this way: if I didn't have to repeat the heart to open the merchant to buy an achievement-related item, then ANet would have put the item behind an event or challenge that was at least as frustrating, if not more so. If the heart wasn't a repeatable challenge, then the karma shop would not be filled with desirable items to purchase.

ANet doesn't like to hand players anything on a silver platter. Having to repeat a heart is a small challenge to unlock a reward. I'm really fine with that. None of the repeatable hearts are really that irritating to do, not when you compare them to some non-repeatable hearts in Central Tyria (i.e. Ash Legion stealth heart in Blazeridge Steppes).

I'm really not a fan but I look at it this way......

I want to use the services and so will do tasks around the place. If I want to use the services again tomorrow then I'll help out again.

Rather than - I killed a few spiders for you 5 years ago yet still expect you to be thankful until the day that Anet shut the servers down and your world disappears around you.

1. Keep vendors unlocked through resets.
  2. Do not reset partially completed hearts.

Fix these issues and there is no problem with repeatable hearts. If you don't want to do them again, then don't. But people shouldn't be losing progress as a result of the resets. It's unnecessary and annoying.

While i don't mind completing hearts on paper. It's really dumb having to complete a heart only to check the price of a recipe or if that's the one that sells what i want...After doing the heart the first time, the vendor aspect of it should be permanently unlocked, and people could complete the heart for the karma and such if they wanted but not lose the ability to get the "rewards" from the initial completion (as in the ability to interact with the NPC as a vendor).

TLDR: Keep repeatable hearts, make the vendor permanent after first completion.

They fixed them in PoF. Once you've completed a heart for the first time it gets counted and it changed to a symbol with an infinity symbol. The heart may become undone at the next reset, but it continues to be counted. I think this may actually be the case in some of the later Season 3 zones, but I'm not sure.

@Kal Spiro.9745 said:They fixed them in PoF. Once you've completed a heart for the first time it gets counted and it changed to a symbol with an infinity symbol. The heart may become undone at the next reset, but it continues to be counted. I think this may actually be the case in some of the later Season 3 zones, but I'm not sure.

That's not the issue. The issue is, for example, the Griffon collections. You had to buy stuff from 2 heart vendors on each map. And even if you had done the heart previously (but not on that same day), you would have to repeat the whole heart to be able to buy stuff from the vendor. Which is annoying.

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

@Kal Spiro.9745 said:They fixed them in PoF. Once you've completed a heart for the first time it gets counted and it changed to a symbol with an infinity symbol. The heart may become undone at the next reset, but it continues to be counted. I think this may actually be the case in some of the later Season 3 zones, but I'm not sure.

That's not the issue. The issue is, for example, the Griffon collections. You had to buy stuff from 2 heart vendors on each map. And even if you had done the heart previously (but not on that same day), you would have to repeat the whole heart to be able to buy stuff from the vendor. Which is annoying.

It takes very little actual effort to fill a heart. It is a minor inconvenience at best.

@Leablo.2651 said:

1. Keep vendors unlocked through resets.
  2. Do not reset partially completed hearts.

Fix these issues and there is no problem with repeatable hearts. If you don't want to do them again, then don't. But people shouldn't be losing progress as a result of the resets. It's unnecessary and annoying.

Do you honestly think people would repeat the heart if the vendor stayed unlocked? Most won't, not even for the modest amount of karma you gain(as if karma was hard currency to come by). As for the reset, everything get's reset at the same time every day, so that it can be done on a daily basis...otherwise you wouldn't have daily repeatable hearts if it kept your progress upon reset.

Archived