50k hit... sad

Swagger.1459

At what point does the team become accountable for this stuff? Will we need to be at 75k, 100k, 125k... damage before there is some sense of urgency to work on the problematic issues, like this, plaguing the game? Should we continue waiting for bandaids on gushing wounds in-between the dead esports seasons? At what point in the lifecycle of the game does the team really take an interest in most important aspects (professions and combat) of the game?

If these damage numbers are perfectly acceptable, even with players probably averaging 20k hp, then I propose we assign a weapon from each profession to have this 50k capability. Fair to suggest?

Full quote...

@Burnfall.9573 said:May i also add 30k-50k+ damage after the 'fix' as well.Thief player, ' its kinda broken ( too broken ) but its funny that you can 1 shot people and stay perma stealth all the time '(Yup! Things are better and better than ever, with more build diversity and with more balancing...Spectacular!!)Enjoy

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah wvw, where people run with food, armor, stones and other multiplies. Ah wvw, where majority has 0 awarness about their surrounding.Signet zerker thieves have done those things in the past, gunshot wars, one shot mes etc. Such shot comes from multipliers and very very very long tells. Most of people had ways to deal with DJ but they didn't use their tools.

Look at necro at begin, he has minions. If i was him, i would huddle them around me, DJ would hit the pet not the necro. Instead necro chose to run around.Druid, just runs in straight line. I could kill him with AA at this rate and no such people don't defend themselves, they actually do run in straight line and let you kill them. Have experienced that a lot.Next scourge, just stands still there and completely ignores mark on him. I mean, you just beg to get killed.Enemy thief could have camped stealth just as much and then run away if he didn't feel like fighting with one shot DJ.I mean, have you even looked at people that that thief attacked? This is also a montage. Take a guess how real gameplay looks like on zerker thief with 0 defensives and 11k HP in wvw when he faces someone half-decent.DE is sniper. Zerker DE even more so. You think this is unfair?

Look what real sniper looks like:

You have no chance there besides hugging walls and proper positioning. This is what you also need vs DE but people are just too used to straight running and spamming their 1.

And no, i don't play DE. It is a trash spec and absolutely useless besides making sniping montages like in original post.

@Cynz.9437 said:It is a trash spec and absolutely useless besides making sniping montages like in original post.

it has a use tho especially in off primetime hours in WvW if you care for score. you can play hide and seek in enemy keep exeptionally good with DE keeping alot of enemies busy, so your mates can flip other stuff or build up defences.on top of that i made several enemy commanders ragequit by sniping them - this works with other builds and classes as well tho and DE version can easily be avoided.

the problem with deadeye for most people in WvW is, altho it is a trash spec against decent opponents it is also a low risk high reward spec against noobs and as we all know WvW is full of em. i have sniped people next to their zerg(not busy with fighting) and they didnt even react till they saw the finisher, because you are only visible for the shot while on DD they react earlier.

@MUDse.7623 said:

@Cynz.9437 said:It is a trash spec and absolutely useless besides making sniping montages like in original post.

it has a use tho especially in off primetime hours in WvW if you care for score. you can play hide and seek in enemy keep exeptionally good with DE keeping alot of enemies busy, so your mates can flip other stuff or build up defences.on top of that i made several enemy commanders ragequit by sniping them - this works with other builds and classes as well tho and DE version can easily be avoided.

the problem with deadeye for most people in WvW is, altho it is a trash spec against decent opponents it is also a low risk high reward spec against noobs and as we all know WvW is full of em. i have sniped people next to their zerg(not busy with fighting) and they didnt even react till they saw the finisher, because you are only visible for the shot while on DD they react earlier.

I can kill most noobs with about any spec in wvw really. It doesn't matter whether it is DE or god forbid core. They will die either way. The only difference is that from DE you see big number where from other spec you would see few numbers.So far classes have been balanced around pve, pvp and maybe big fights in wvw. DE is not even viable in any of them.I personally pvp mostly (atm on core d/p) and i really enjoy seeing DE on enemy team because i know i will have free kills all match and enemy is basically 4v5.

Time will come and Anet will listen to cries and will nerf DJ probably. What will happen next is probably some buffs to other aspects of DE which will make it more scary (in right hands) than DE is atm. I don't think the complainers really realize it.

What i find actually more funny is how on one side we have "nerf scourge" threads where scourge try to tell everyone "l2p pick ranged spec" and other threads where same scourges ask to remove/nerf DE lol.

@Cynz.9437 said:I can kill most noobs with about any spec in wvw really. It doesn't matter whether it is DE or god forbid core. They will die either way. The only difference is that from DE you see big number where from other spec you would see few numbers.So far classes have been balanced around pve, pvp and maybe big fights in wvw. DE is not even viable in any of them.I personally pvp mostly (atm on core d/p) and i really enjoy seeing DE on enemy team because i know i will have free kills all match and enemy is basically 4v5.

its true you can kill noobs with any spec but a deadeye is very good against ALOT of noobs, not talking about 4-5 but like 15+as you only need one of em to stay a bit too far from the others cause the rest wont react till they are down. and you can easily explain an avarage joe how to kill other average joe's with it. the only thing he needs is patience. the understanding wich target he has to pick that will most likely stay too far after 20 seconds and wont get rezzt fast enough will come with time (maybe).i also killed a daredevil with top 10 pvp title with deadeye and i was told thats his main - tho i did that one with backstab oneshot.. so not only noobs fall for deadeye oneshots. backstab one needs you counting seconds and DJ is obvious.

@Cynz.9437 said:Time will come and Anet will listen to cries and will nerf DJ probably. What will happen next is probably some buffs to other aspects of DE which will make it more scary (in right hands) than DE is atm. I don't think the complainers really realize it.

i hope that will happen, i like playing deadeye especially against targets that i can kite and dont have to remain in stealth to not get instant killed :Dbut i dont really understand the cries as i personally havent been killed by DJ so far - guess its a l2p issue and in 2-3 month the people cring now will laugh when they see a deadeye.

@Cynz.9437 said:What i find actually more funny is how on one side we have "nerf scourge" threads where scourge try to tell everyone "l2p pick ranged spec" and other threads where same scourges ask to remove/nerf DE lol.

tho soulbeasts should be a greater threat to them..

@Swagger.1459 said:At what point does the team become accountable for this stuff? Will we need to be at 75k, 100k, 125k... damage before there is some sense of urgency to work on the problematic issues, like this, plaguing the game?

But you realize that he has to use EVERYTHING he has (even his heal skill for stealth) in order to get these kind of dmg numbers and maintaining the stealth? Well his skills are not on cooldown but please watch his initiative, it's constantly down so he can't cast anything else.Like some guys stated above it also doesn't come out of nowhere since he has to cast his "Steal" on this particular target so the target knows that it is in the focus of the deadeye. Yes I know he is stealthed but if you had watched it more carefully he is not "perma stealthed". Also enemies are able to see his black powder area so they could know where he is + before he shoots a bright yellow beam appears right at his target so it's not even hard to dodge the shot + he gets revealed while aiming the shot + he has to kneel and waste all of his utilities on the dmg or close gaps which cuts every mobility a thief could have.

Also this is WvW so he uses much more than you can have in sPvP for example and you can tell by his low HP Pool that he is maxed out on dmg so as soon as he gets a hit he's dead + this is a montage..Please keep that in mind.

@MUDse.7623 said:the problem with deadeye for most people in WvW is, altho it is a trash spec against decent opponents it is also a low risk high reward spec against noobs and as we all know WvW is full of em.So what? Every class and every spec is good against noobs. That's why they are noobs. And in WvW you'll always come across some op guys who main their class since release and know exactely everything about their capabilites and can even control them.

@Thani.8569 said:I don't understand this thing. Even without knowing very much about all these know OS Builds I never have problem against these DE.Laser + Sound > Dodge > Rekt his face.However I find very hard to kill mesmer OS builds, is there a trick to beat them ?

Yea, there is. Play one yourself.

• montage

• killing ppl in mass pvp fights

• 99% of them not paying attention around them (doing other things in Panels)

• You have about 1,5 sec do dodge that lolshot, telegraph, malice + fired shot is giant yellow ball...

• 80% of clips in video: Under rank 150 ppl.. WP. High ranks killed in mass fights

• DE is easy to kill

@Asur.9178 said:

@Zacchary.6183 said:

@Asur.9178 said:All those people had more than 20s to prepare for a counter for a 1.5s cast time skill with a massive visual and audio telegraph...what did they do? Stand around or run around...0 reaction. They are all awful players, and considering you're crying about a trash elite spec, you probably aren't much better.

3/4s*, also he is quoting a guy who has been doing this kitten for years. Taking someone like him seriously is stupid in itself. Those numbers can only be done on glass, against glass. But more often than not, it is achievable, especially on glass targets.

This will come off aggressive, but I don't think you know how casts times are calculated. So, I will give you (and anyone else interested in learning) a brief explanation about it and why the players dying to these are awful.

DJ's cast time is not 3/4s; if you're going by the tooltips, you're going about it all wrong The only thing the tooltips say are the cast points. Cast times are comprised of 2 major parts: cast points and cast backswings (some people call them aftercast). The actual cast time of DJ is approximately 1.5s long (rounded), taking into account both cast points and cast backswings. I'm not even factoring in projectile travel times to keep things simple.

The average human reaction times for visual stimulus range from 0.25s to 0.3s and 0.17s to 0.2s for audio stimulus (DJ has both; and they're VERY OBVIOUS telegraphs). So, you see...a 1.5s cast time is literally effortless to react to for the average human. The reaction times get faster when you are expecting something. So, guess what. These people that die to these DJ shots after having over 20s prep time...yea...they are below average.

Uh, no. If you spam it it is more like 1s between shots, that's including aftercast. You are adding unnecessary time on it to make it look like a terrible skill.

@DoomNexus.5324 said:

@MUDse.7623 said:the problem with deadeye for most people in WvW is, altho it is a trash spec against decent opponents it is also a low risk high reward spec against noobs and as we all know WvW is full of em.So what? Every class and every spec is good against noobs. That's why they are noobs. And in WvW you'll always come across some op guys who main their class since release and know exactely everything about their capabilites and can even control them.

not every spec is good against noobs in 1 vs 10+.

It's just more of the same from every MMO with a rogue type class. Baddies cry because they got ganked, so they demand nerfs because god forbid someone has the audacity to be better than them. This is a L2P issue. The DE has to spec for maximum damage, meaning they have to give up Trickery and Shadow Arts to deal this kind of damage. You know what that means? The Deadeye has almost 0 defenses and has to use up EVERYTHING they have and pray to god their target is dumber than a sack of rocks, to pull this off. They're building for raw damage, which means a mere glance in their general direction = dead thief.

But let's just cry for nerfs because we're bad at the game and just want optimal rewards for minimal effort.

Does the target line even appear with the DE is stealthed? I've read about how it's supposed to be this really obvious tell, but when I faced a DE and tried waiting for the supposedly bright orange line, but then I got one-shot instantly out of stealth with no telegraph, only the knowledge that the Thief was there.

@Atmaweapon.7345 said:Does the target line even appear with the DE is stealthed? I've read about how it's supposed to be this really obvious tell, but when I faced a DE and tried waiting for the supposedly bright orange line, but then I got one-shot instantly out of stealth with no telegraph, only the knowledge that the Thief was there.

you can shoot without the laser if you dont target and use action cam, but you got to aim then. its good against targets just standing still if you think you are in the direction they dont look. im not sure if this also cancels the audio tell tho

Being mostly a PvE player this has almost zero useful application for me. Like someone said earlier I rather lose this oneshot burst dmg to get sustain dps thats not utter trash. DJ s only buffed against the marked target and in WvW so many players/environment can interfere with that EASILY. Its definitely LESS advantageous that high area dmg when large groups face each other, rifle has next to no area dmg asides from 1 skill that can pierce. The spec has zero mobility too and youre required to kneel to maximise your dmg reducing your mobility so insanely stoopid levels against players who can adjust to what youre doing. All of this was suppose to be offset by increased dmg on single target. IF it were anygood you see more players using it, and I would too but it sucks, and you prob havent tried to use it yourself.

@Ravezaar.4951 said:Dosent matter how its built up, how long cast time, even cooldown of a skill, specc, trait anything... a dmg 0f 50k vs another player with the the HP that exist in Gw2, this is just wrong. It dosent belong in the game, to defend it, is just pathetic.

We are not defending it. We are laughing at people falling for it. It is like complaining that you died to fall damage by jumping of high cliff and asking to remove the said cliff.

Edit: actually i am wrong. Cliff is still more useful than DE.

@Cynz.9437 said:

@Ravezaar.4951 said:Dosent matter how its built up, how long cast time, even cooldown of a skill, specc, trait anything... a dmg 0f 50k vs another player with the the HP that exist in Gw2, this is just wrong. It dosent belong in the game, to defend it, is just pathetic.

We are not defending it. We are laughing at people falling for it. It is like complaining that you died to fall damage by jumping of high cliff and asking to remove the said cliff.

Edit: actually i am wrong. Cliff is still more useful than DE.

well i am defending it, as long as people dont along with their call for nerf dont state any useful improvent to the deadeye. because it is a one trick pony you can oneshot most builds but cant keep up preassure and cant sustain outside of stealthcamping. if you take away that oneshot from deadeye it will be inferior to every other spec in WvW aside from hiding and already is inferior to other builds in spvp and pve till it gets some improvements.

i am missing a few comments from this thread.

@Swagger.1459 said:At what point does the team become accountable for this stuff? Will we need to be at 75k, 100k, 125k... damage before there is some sense of urgency to work on the problematic issues, like this, plaguing the game? Should we continue waiting for bandaids on gushing wounds in-between the dead esports seasons? At what point in the lifecycle of the game does the team really take an interest in most important aspects (professions and combat) of the game?

If these damage numbers are perfectly acceptable, even with players probably averaging 20k hp, then I propose we assign a weapon from each profession to have this 50k capability. Fair to suggest?

Full quote...

@Burnfall.9573 said:May i also add 30k-50k+ damage after the 'fix' as well.Thief player, '
its kinda broken ( too broken ) but its funny that you can 1 shot people and stay perma stealth all the time
'(Yup! Things are better and better than ever, with more build diversity and with more balancing...Spectacular!!)Enjoy

Back than, thief used to have this one competition thread about who has the highest damage. I wouldn't be surprised if Anet is keeping scores of how high thief damage can go up to

During beta: thief used to hit over 70k damage.. Beta testing..... not 5 years after the game is released but in beta testing where skills and damages are evaluated for the stability and for the health of the game release

(i really want to question where there testers to began with? or were they paid to to do absolute nothing? or to accept everything as it is? or pretend (band-aid fix) something was actually done? i'll leave that for another thread'

Anyhow,

I believe history will repeat itself again and it's already happening

As the saying goes, 'those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it'

Welcome back Gw2 beta!!

50k damage? Lol that's nothing really

-soon to be released, '75k, 100k, 125k... damage'-

@Burnfall.9573 said:Back than, thief used to have this one competition thread about who has the highest damage. I wouldn't be surprised if Anet is keeping scores of how high thief damage can go up to

No one is keeping score on something almost no one cares about. These troll threads should stay in the WvW forums where most people also don't care except for the couple of people still getting one shot by one of the worst builds out there. I'll allow it though, maybe if you cry enough the devs will actually take a close look at DE and they'll say "DJ is fine even if that poor turd keeps getting killed by it over and over but look at this other stuff we over looked that we can fix now".

Archived