PVP Server Change???

Bossun.2046

Hello guys, this thread is in regards to the recent change to the PVP servers. Is there a official reason that doesn't sound like kitten as to why the servers were changed? I saw the dev response on Reddit but that doesn't fit the bill, at all.

Can anyone at ANET give us a proper reply? Can we get some respect thrown our way as consumers? At least give us that.

Amazon servers are more stable, have better infrastructure, allow for better expansion/contraction, and are likely cheaper for Anet to run on.

What’s currently going on is the cached routing that ISPs do to save on resources (layman’s explanation), and that’s likely why you’re getting worse connection. Using a VPN, or adding -port 443 to your GW2 shortcut will likely see much better performance.

@AngelsShadow.7360 said:Amazon servers are more stable, have better infrastructure, allow for better expansion/contraction, and are likely cheaper for Anet to run on.

What’s currently going on is the cached routing that ISPs do to save on resources (layman’s explanation), and that’s likely why you’re getting worse connection. Using a VPN, or adding -port 443 to your GW2 shortcut will likely see much better performance.

More stable you say ?? This is why i keep getting kicked out of game for network issues just for playing or at least trying to go as a ranger-soulbeast ..

@AngelsShadow.7360 said:If the servers were the problem, everyone would be getting kicked at the same time.

Is the location of the server and its accessibility part of the server concern ?I would be tempted to say yes.Choosing the most powerful infrastructure is pointless when your customers cannot access it with reliability.

Archived