Need Help with core cele Engi build WVW / solo roam

Sasajoe.1509

Hello guys,

I wanted to go back to core engi (it doesn't have to be core if there are better options now just I cant figure them to work with cele gear) for some fun time in solo roaming in wvw.I would appreciate very much any constructive help/criticism & tips.

This is the build that id like to use (or similar to some extend):http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqelUUh+uYBWw+Kw6FLsFlYHNFPB4HWiBQ4SdRvGA-jVhWwAQU+NTPAg9Hcq+DOlgAA-w

Alchemy seems to be a must & the inventions for the movement speed & cleansing pulse is also nice.

I was thinking of going rifle for better combat mobility OR pistol pistol for more condi damage but haven't decided yet - feel free to suggest in order to tip the scales in either direction.

(I rlly want to use the cele armor & trinkets though)

I suppose some kits would be a wise suggestion, but with so much conditions flying around I think that Elixir C is a must & for the solo roaming part Elixir S seems as a must with the stealth.

Maybe i could use elixir gun for the condi clear part but it seems too slow & not effective enough.

Rocket boots are also one of my favorites because of the mobility & blast finisher.

So basically what i think is lackluster in the current set up would mainly be the : weapon/s, runes, traits.

All of which i am willing to change but please persuade me to what would be best/what would you do.

(also the build for cele engi on metabattle seems lacking vs condi dmg )

With just pistol main for damage, maybe Rocket Kick, you lack 95% of the damage necessary to kill anything. Your skill choices are better suited to Apothecary stats, as your entire damage is just Incendiary Powder while you use defensive cooldowns.

To use cele stats properly: You need might stacking, might sigils and might runes. Power dmg, either Grenades or Photon Forge. You need Firearms and some condi application.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAUlUUhSsY9VwkLw6FLsF1XSdhHgYHVFPBYIuBBAA-j1RGAB0pD4R1fyTJYCXAAAeAARp8Dl9HAA-w

Cele Holosmith works better.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAUnUUBFYh1XBubBcJjF2CTcjMFeC9rx4YdEMEtBCAA-j1RGAB5pEEl9HoTHwjq/ElyPAeAAJcBAAA-w

With the new reward track, I can get easy access to the cele gear (exotic) and tried Chaiths build last night (core engi) in wvw last night.I couldn't muster enough condi cleanse to stay upright, and the regular movement speed wasn't enough.So, I swapped Elixer X for rocket boots- helped, but not enough.Swapped Hoelbrok runes for travelers- better. But now, can't really get might. To be fair, I wasn't getting alot anyway.So, now that might is out, I traded alchemy for scrapper.Now the build looks like firearms, scrapper and explosives with medic, purge and sneak gyros.It's better (for me), but it's still a handicap. It's a shame because I really like base engi and nades, but it's not for the post POF world.And scourges still destroy me.Oh- and PS, please give nades 1200.

Archived