Holosmith: Most effective burst rotation?

Arlette.9684

Hey there Engis,

I'm burned out on my mesmer as I've mainly focused on it since PoF release and seeing how Ranger is a complete bore and I just refuse to play Gamebreaker and/or Scoure I figured Holosmith is the natural next step.

As the title says, I'm looking for optimal burst rotation for solo roaming power build. As most people I started with the metabattle spec but in my experience those specs are often flawed in one way or another. Also how do you go about taking care of movement speed which is in my opinion essential for success while roaming?

Edit: What're your thoughts on A.E.D vs Turret?

Any pointers would be welcome. Thank you!

The easiest burst comes from entering forge, forge 3 (stab), forge 5 (knockdown), forge 4 if no projectile hate, immediately drop forge, rifle 4 (knockback), prime light beam (knockback), rifle 5 (power damage), rifle 3 or acid bomb (follow up power damage). Everything else is a variation of knockbacks into big power damage bombs from jumpshot, blunderbuss, acid bomb and forge attacks. It doesn't work too well on classes than can spam stab but you have mobility advantage over those classes (Firebrand/DH), kite around warrior stances.

@Arlette.9684 said:Correct. /15 chars

What’s a good alternative for swiftness uptime without The engineering kit trait?

HoloLeap, the #2 in your Forge mode is a great source of swiftness, combined with your rifle and optional Rocket Boots, you can be all kinds of mobile.

@Arlette.9684 said:Hey there Engis,

I'm burned out on my mesmer as I've mainly focused on it since PoF release and seeing how Ranger is a complete bore and I just refuse to play Gamebreaker and/or Scoure I figured Holosmith is the natural next step.

As the title says, I'm looking for optimal burst rotation for solo roaming power build. As most people I started with the metabattle spec but in my experience those specs are often flawed in one way or another. Also how do you go about taking care of movement speed which is in my opinion essential for success while roaming?

My burst is run at target, Hololeap -> Corona Burst -> Toss Elixir S to stealth just before the target-> Holographic Shockwave -> Photon Blitz -> Whatever is needed. Another great combo to follow up with is Elixir U and Prime Light Beam depending on heat level and positioning.

Keep the suggestions coming, I’m testing things out as I go. Thank you for the ideas. :+1:

Edit: What would you say is your absolute worst hard counter and how do you mitigate it at least to an extent?

So far based on my testing I seem to be really favorable vs Gamebreakers and really unfavorable vs pew pew shoutbow Druids.

• 6 months later...

If you like tool kits tool and bomb kits work so well in harmony along with aed. Big. Old bomb>magnet pull>pry bar- run forward to where they land then fire bomb> pry wrench> aed stun>glue bomb concision bomb, then unload all pistol skills. It can all connect if they have no stun breaker. Just not as easy with the addition off hot and podnow.

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm static discharge Holo rifle works awesome. I stole it from metabattle raid and fractal DPS. In berserker gear I can instant down just about anyone in 1 second in wvw.

Either use Holo mode and spam your 345 and tool belt skills or use rifle for range pressure with static discharge shots. Really great wvw build.

Archived