Intentionally playing weak builds and/or refusing to switch out bad comps

brannigan.9831

Loser mentality and a gigantic problem with the player base. I understand people have classes they love but when you playing a bottom tier build you are hurting everyone on your team. When you refuse to switch out into something more sensible based on what your teammates are playing you are hurting your team. People whine about all the class imbalances and the matchmakng but these are things you have control over and a large segment of the player base in ranked refuse to do what it takes to give them the best shot possible to win yet they'll come here to whine but they play a dps staff ele or gs necro in ranked.

Bad builds will have less rating and matchmaking should fix the problem by itself. If you play non meta builds you will have less rating and play with and versus people which achieve the same results on their builds. Don´t cry about builds your teammates use, just improve rating and you will see less strange builds. If that is not the case, people with bad builds are as good as you with a meta build. Think about it.

@brannigan.9831 said:Loser mentality and a gigantic problem with the player base. I understand people have classes they love but when you playing a bottom tier build you are hurting everyone on your team. When you refuse to switch out into something more sensible based on what your teammates are playing you are hurting your team. People whine about all the class imbalances and the matchmakng but these are things you have control over and a large segment of the player base in ranked refuse to do what it takes to give them the best shot possible to win yet they'll come here to whine but they play a dps staff ele or gs necro in ranked.

There are a number of issues with this, Let's just talk about some basics.

The argument was made,( in defense of smurfing, ) that if ANET didn't want that to happen, they wouldn't have allowed it. If the company only wants PoF builds played, they should restrict PvP to PoF builds. Otherwise, they have some obligation.(ethically,) to make all the builds usable. Now, it seems clear that ANET has driven toward a simplified system, more like a console game with fixed builds. I think that would be disastrous for PvP. It is the variety of the system in GW2 that makes it stand out.

More importantly, this is a strongly elitist attitude. It is a very slippery slope when one begins to differentiate who is worthy and who is not. If this were the military and a war, ( I have experience of both, ) I might agree. This is a game, allegedly played for enjoyment. One person's rights end when they stomp on another's. Yes, every person deserves, and is within there right to expect, to have a good time. They do not have the right to dictate to others or stomp on there fun.

Archived